Tradesmen International

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.0

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tradesmen International.

Three interview process. Meet with entry level recruiter, then manager, then General Manager. They contacted me via phone. Told me a little about the position, and then set up the first interview. After the first interview I was called the next day to meet with their manager. From there I was asked to meet with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • None, the first interview only two questions were asked. One of them was illegal. They asked "when did you graduate from high school?". The other was "what do you want to know from me?"   View Answer

The job was sales based, I was trying to get into human resources, not sales.

Journeyman Electrician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Tradesmen International.

Resume first. Next, they check your credentials including licenses and OSHA certifications. Then they invite you in the office for a face to face interview. After starting work, they maintain good contact as to how you are doing.

Interview Questions
    • Work experience is the biggest focus. Not difficult at all if you are who you claim to be,   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tradesmen International in October 2014.

was called to come in for interview then phone interview and then a ride along to see if I liked it then hired, I was told about the pay and they contacted me through monster

None 30'000 a year

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through other source – interviewed at Tradesmen International in June 2014.

Non Existant as interviews go. They called me on the phone and asked if I had any machine repair wxperience. I stated yes 30 plus years and asked them if that was enough experience.

Interview Questions
    • How much experience did I have in machine repair   View Answer
    No Negotation, they flat out lied to me from day one, but this waSs not discovered until the third week when first paycheck came, not to job site but I had to drive 52 miles one way to their office to pick up my check, then I discoverd they had paid me $2.00 per less than promised.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tradesmen International.

The primary form of communication for coordinating interviews was by phone. The interview process consisted of two interviews, one with Office Manager and one with Area Manager. The questions are very oriented towards screening for aggressive sales potential.

Interview Questions
    • Questions consisted of: how to sell, biggest sale in history, situational, etc.   Answer Question

Great opportunity to make good money if successful. However, I did not get the feeling that I would be a valued employee sought for long-term career potential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tradesmen International in June 2013.

Applied via craigslist. Interviewed over the phone and in person. Very unconventional as HR rep was not involved.

no negotiation

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tradesmen International in March 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to apply online. When I applied, I got a call almost immediately. They were in need of people immediately. I went in and filled out paperwork and there wasn't much of an interview. They need bodies and don't seem to care much about whether you can do the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been part of a labor union?   View Answer

Field Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tradesmen International in February 2013.

Started out with a quick random phone interview where I was asked about what experience I had. Went in for an office interview. Was asked about experience I had in sales and why I think I would succeed there. Also what I knew about the company and if I saw anything that stood out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tradesmen International in January 2013.

Phone interview followed up with interview with GM and a ride along.

Interview Questions
    • This is considered entry level, so nothing hard. Just have to be able to cold call into businesses.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Field Sales base is $30K+$400 car allowance +$80 cell phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tradesmen International in May 2012.

I was interviewed by a manager in an IHOP in Topeka, Ks

Interview Questions
    • I filled out paperwork and was hired the next week after I moved.   Answer Question
    I was a fresh college grad and needed to get a job in Kansas City.