Tradeweb (New Jersey)

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.2

Web Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tradeweb (New Jersey).

After apply on line, I received email from HR. HR is very kind and give you very clear directions to get to their company.
    Two people interviewed me. Lots questions about fundamental conceptions about web development.

Interview Questions
    • Too many conceptions questions. I did not prepare well for this.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Tradeweb (New Jersey) in June 2014.

Worst experience ever...I normally don't post anything online, but I wanted to warm people of this company before they invest the time and effort to interviewing.

Process began with an phone interview with the hiring manager. The person seemed nice and asked questions regarding my background. After, I heard back in a couple days that I was scheduled to speak with again person in a different office. After that phone interview, HR scheduled me to visit the NYC office for an on-site interview. They reimbursed my travel cost and I had 5 back to back interviews with various managers and employees. I thought everything went well and the HR said I would be hearing back soon. A few weeks past and I followed up with the HR rep. He said that it would take another week or so. Again, a few weeks past and I followed up again. The HR rep said that the hiring manager would be contacting me soon. I felt as though an offer my be coming. I few days later I received a phone call from the hiring manager. To my surprised, she wanted me to do an home work assignment for her. This is 2 months into the hiring process! I agreed and quickly finished the assignment. After sending the assignment, I didn't hear anything back for a week. I followed up again, and the HR rep sent me a generic email stating that they went with another candidate. I think this was the most ridiculous process I ever went through. After 2 and a half months, all they do is sent a generic rejection email. By far the worst interview experience I ever faced.

For future interviewees' please beware!

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tradeweb (New Jersey).

Started with a phone interview, just went through my résumé and went over some behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. All the people at TradeWeb are very friendly and they want you to learn about their business. They have an educational focus, making sure you understand their place in the industry.

C++ Software Developer Interview

30 minutes phone screen. Pretty general to assess your skill sets. C++ Inheritance, C# inheritance, SQL, data mining.

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

interviewed at Tradeweb (New Jersey) in April 2013.

They directly ask me for an onsite interview without any previous interview. I have to drive several hours to the company, and the interview only last 30 minutes.
    The interviewer was arrogant and unpleasant, he asked me questions like c++ Diamond Problem, what is pivot in linear algebra, Top-down and bottom-up design, what is Dijkstra's algorithm, what is spanning tree. No concrete coding, no algorithm design question, no behavior questions.
    I guess they have got an ideal candidate before interviewing me.
    The company location is nice but people not. In the entire process no one even give me a smile.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Tradeweb (New Jersey) in March 2013.

Apply as new garduate - reply very quickly, HR is nice and patient. Building is beautiful. Interviewers are professional.

Interview Questions
    • Too many questions. It feels like an final exam of all courses.   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tradeweb (New Jersey) in December 2011.

A recruiter who saw my resume posted on the web called me and arranged a 30 minute phone interview - general C++, Unix, network programming questions were asked - most were basic knowledge about structure of classes, members of a class, inheritance, how virtual functions work, some about how networked client server systems are programmed, some about SQL, a few about shell scripting. I think most answers I gave were correct , about two weeks later I received a call from the recruiter saying the position had been put on hold.

Interview Questions
    • DIfference between TCP and UDP socket programming   View Answer

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tradeweb (New Jersey) in June 2010.

First, I drop my resume to HR. And HR contacted me to assign a phone interview. Second I got the phone interview. This interview includes programming skill test, really detailed. Third, they invited me to have on-site interview. And I had a 5 pages paper to finish.

C++ Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tradeweb (New Jersey) in October 2014.

First telephonic interview, where i was not called at the arranged time and then on query was told will be called in 45 minutes, infact i was callled after an hour, just for 20 minute phone chat. I should have taken heed there.

2.5 hours interview in London office near Bank station.
    1. 30 minutes interview with vp of support europe, where all what i was asked why you want to work for support role when you are a developer.

30 minutes technical test c++ and sql.
    10 c++ questions, 5 sql query questsions.
    1 algorithm to do with finding middle element in linked list.
    Did well in that and then explaining why i chose the answers i chose for mcqs.

Then head of support came in and repeated the same questions as vp, which was beyond me. All the time was spent in proving that i am not a fit for this role and this will be a changed role, after reassuring i am quite keen to work on support side of things with c++ development side by side.
    Also same time asking me question how you do stuff in your current company and then proviing this is not how things will be with this role, all the time making me realize that i am commiting a sin joining this company.

After the interview i didn't even ask, what is the next stage and went straight home.
    They didn't even ask water and not even a courteous smile. very machine like and not recommended company.

Customer Relations Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Tradeweb (New Jersey).

I found an opening online for this position and I decided to apply. I got a swift response from a recruiting agent who scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was very casual. He asked about my background and explained the details of the position. I got a call back that very day for an in-person interview.