Trading Technologies

Updated Jun 5, 2014

2.8

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trading Technologies in August 2011.

Short phone interview discussing my resume and experience and some hypothetical questions as well as in depth description of the job's responsibilities and tasks.
    In person interview was more of a personality evaluation, and a review of my resume and experience with the head of the department.
    Friendly and honest interview and hiring process. HR was helpful, informative and kind.

Interview Questions
    • I got grilled by some network engineers since I stated my forte was networking. Wasn't difficult, but was unexpected.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Trading Technologies in April 2014.

First I filled out online application form. Then 20 minute screening interview over the phone ~3 weeks later. Then there was a final 15 minute technical interview over the phone two days later. Only one problem was asked in the technical interview; I coded a function and the interviewer asked me a few questions about it. I heard back the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Code a function that involved traversing a doubly linked binary tree. Any language could be used. Interviewer asked questions about runtime behavior, changing function to save memory.   Answer Question

Principal Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trading Technologies in April 2010.

Very relaxed interview process. People were very nice, and asked great questions.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Trading Technologies in March 2014.

It takes a week from I apply. It is a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Ask do you know a lot about operating system? Do you know what is design pattern?   Answer Question

DTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Trading Technologies in April 2013.

many calls, emails, interviews with HR, department head, staff, and senior management, total time was about 6 weeks from initial application to final interview

non-negotiable.

Unix and Monitoring Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Trading Technologies in December 2010.

Applied through website. Received response from recruiter a week later. Was in interviews that week. It took HR three months to complete my background check because they incorrectly input my college name and never asked me about it.

Interview Questions
    None. Offer letter came out and it was "take it or leave it". No discussion of salary was had before the offer letter was sent.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Trading Technologies.

Was contacted by the recruiter after seeing a posting on the website.
    Recruiter brought me in for the initial interview to show me around the offices and initial feel of what to expect out of the job.
    After that interview I had an interview with a manager and two team members. All of the people I interviewed with where friendly and seemed to love there jobs.

N/A

Client Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Trading Technologies in November 2010.

I was put in a conference room and after the HR person talked to me I interviewed with 3 people separately. All three of them were nice and polite and asked general questions, nothing technical. They did not quiz me on anything. They just chatted and asked the usual kind of questions and let me respond. They really listened to my responses and kind of sat back and listened. I felt I was very enthusiastic and passionate in my responses. It took like two weeks to hear anything and finally the HR person emailed me and said they were going to contiune to look. Have no idea why they didnt want me.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about technical suppport or this idustry   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Trading Technologies in October 2008.

The recruiter contacted me for a half hour phone interview with the manager. Pretty basic stuff...nothing major...wanted to know what I did in my old job.
    Called on-site later in the week. 3 ppl interviewed me..1:1....it was tiring but not too bad!

Telco Administrative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Trading Technologies.

Lots of technical questions.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. accepted offer as is.

Worked for Trading Technologies? Contribute to the Community!