Trading Technologies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trading Technologies in August 2011.

Interview Details – Short phone interview discussing my resume and experience and some hypothetical questions as well as in depth description of the job's responsibilities and tasks.
In person interview was more of a personality evaluation, and a review of my resume and experience with the head of the department.
Friendly and honest interview and hiring process. HR was helpful, informative and kind.

Interview Question – I got grilled by some network engineers since I stated my forte was networking. Wasn't difficult, but was unexpected.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Trading Technologies in April 2014.

Interview Details – First I filled out online application form. Then 20 minute screening interview over the phone ~3 weeks later. Then there was a final 15 minute technical interview over the phone two days later. Only one problem was asked in the technical interview; I coded a function and the interviewer asked me a few questions about it. I heard back the next day.

Interview Question – Code a function that involved traversing a doubly linked binary tree. Any language could be used. Interviewer asked questions about runtime behavior, changing function to save memory.   Answer Question

Principal Technical Writer Interview

Principal Technical Writer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Trading Technologies in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very relaxed interview process. People were very nice, and asked great questions.

Interview Question – What do you see as the next step in your career?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Trading Technologies in March 2014.

Interview Details – It takes a week from I apply. It is a phone interview.

Interview Question – Ask do you know a lot about operating system? Do you know what is design pattern?   Answer Question

DTS Interview

DTS
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Trading Technologies in April 2013.

Interview Details – many calls, emails, interviews with HR, department head, staff, and senior management, total time was about 6 weeks from initial application to final interview

Interview Question – quiz on FIX protocol messages   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable.

Unix and Monitoring Administrator Interview

Unix and Monitoring Administrator
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Trading Technologies in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through website. Received response from recruiter a week later. Was in interviews that week. It took HR three months to complete my background check because they incorrectly input my college name and never asked me about it.

Interview Question – Why do you think you are best suited for this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Offer letter came out and it was "take it or leave it". No discussion of salary was had before the offer letter was sent.

Operations Interview

Operations
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Trading Technologies.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the recruiter after seeing a posting on the website.
Recruiter brought me in for the initial interview to show me around the offices and initial feel of what to expect out of the job.
After that interview I had an interview with a manager and two team members. All of the people I interviewed with where friendly and seemed to love there jobs.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Client Tech Support Interview

Client Tech Support
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Trading Technologies in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was put in a conference room and after the HR person talked to me I interviewed with 3 people separately. All three of them were nice and polite and asked general questions, nothing technical. They did not quiz me on anything. They just chatted and asked the usual kind of questions and let me respond. They really listened to my responses and kind of sat back and listened. I felt I was very enthusiastic and passionate in my responses. It took like two weeks to hear anything and finally the HR person emailed me and said they were going to contiune to look. Have no idea why they didnt want me.

Interview Question – What do you like about technical suppport or this idustry   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Trading Technologies in October 2008.

Interview Details – The recruiter contacted me for a half hour phone interview with the manager. Pretty basic stuff...nothing major...wanted to know what I did in my old job.
Called on-site later in the week. 3 ppl interviewed me..1:1....it was tiring but not too bad!

Interview Question – fibonacci series program in c++   Answer Question

Telco Administrative Interview

Telco Administrative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Trading Technologies.

Interview Details – Lots of technical questions.

Interview Question – Explain BGP   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. accepted offer as is.

Worked for Trading Technologies? Contribute to the Community!