Tradition Financial Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Broker Training Interview

Broker Training
Stamford, CT

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Tradition Financial Services in February 2011.

Interview Details – I came into the Stamford Office to interview for the Broker Training Program. I was led by the receptionist into a board room and waited for about 30 minutes. Then was interviewed by 3 employeesm head of trading, head of research, and president. Very laid back, about 45 minutes each.

Interview Question – What was the biggest problem you have encountered and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Ops Engineer Interview

Ops Engineer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tradition Financial Services in February 2013.

Interview Details – Several emails were exchanged between my recruiter, Tradition HR and me before they called me for an interview. I had very strong Linux skills and came from a consultative background, but lacked experience with certain networking gear and financial services - which had been highlighted in those emails. Finally, I was asked to write my motivation for the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a trader came shouting at you since his millions are blocked due to perhaps a systems failure?   Answer Question
  • How would you explain multicast to a noon? (Slightly rephrased)   Answer Question
  • Network fault, routing and diagnostics walkthrough on a whiteboard.   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at Tradition Financial Services in April 2010.

Interview Details – After application, I received a mail to fix a time and day for a phone interview.
The manager was quite nice and friendly, and the interview was conducted both in French and in English.
First half of the interview was behavioral questions (review of my CV, previous work experience, strenghts and weaknesses) and the second half were technical questions about lots of different asset classes (obligations, forward rates, options strategies and some structured products explanations).

Interview Question – Is volatility a good or a bad thing for a range accrual product?   Answer Question

Worked for Tradition Financial Services? Contribute to the Community!