Traeger Pellet Grills

Updated Nov 6, 2014
Updated Nov 6, 2014

3.4

Out Side Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills.

Easy interview. They look to see if you can handle objections, overcome the objection, ask for the business. They do a video interview. You are sent to UT for training. Memorize the script word for word or you will be sent home. You will room with another rep. Don't take the job.

Out Side Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills.

Phone interview was simple, then Skype to sell the grill. The recruiter wasn't difficult, but also didn't ask any pointed questions. I'm unsure why i didnt get selected for the job as I am a seasoned sale pro who presents well. You must overcome at least ONE objection or you'll be rejected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills.

First you submit a video of a sales pitch on youtube. Next will be a video "interview", it's just another sales pitch. Then they'll send you to Utah for 3 days of training, learning the pitch, and learning about the company.

Interview Questions
    • No questions really. Just need to know how to pitch something.   View Answer

Beware. It is a high pressure sales job. They will sell you on the product, which I believe has a niche market, but its not the best like they claim. If its as good as they claim, it would sell itself... The company has a huge lack of integrity. Don't go to Utah if you're on the fence at all. They had told me it was a "no risk" interview process, meaning if either party didn't fit, they would pay for all of the travel. I bowed out of the interview process for questionable selling strategies (laughing at customers if they couldn't afford a grill, or applauding customer disservice for example). After I told them it wasn't a good fit, they told me I was on my own to get back home. For a long taxi back to the airport, and a plane ticket that day, I was out quite a bit of money. Not so "risk free" if you ask me.

National Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills.

I was excited about the 10 days on/10 days off aspect of the position. I can sell anything. However, in my career, I am done "selling" myself. I applied via LinkedIn and had a response almost immediately, asking me to create an account and to fill out the application, so I did. Then I received a very long email about how I needed to put together a video of myself selling their product. No. I will not do that. I have managed 30+ sales people, I will not make a video of myself. I did not respond after the email inquiry.

Interview Questions
    • Them asking me to make a video of myself selling their product. Really?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills.

This company moves very quickly in the hiring process which is good. It is almost too good in fact. There are two phone interviews then they fly you to their HQ for a training and offer session.

Interview Questions
    • Everything is very straightforward in the process and a lot of potential is promised.   Answer Question

Another offer that appeared more stable came along

Sales Representative - Nationwide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springville, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springville, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills.

I was really excited to get the first phone call interview after going through the online application process. It's a simple offer to atten a 5 day training in Utah with other candidates to see if it's a good fit for both parties. They pay for your flight, hotel, and food and even pay a fair wage for the time you spend in training.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you think are the best and worst candidates in the training class and why.   View Answer
    It's all spelled out in the manual based on tiered commissions. There is no negotiation.

MIT Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills in December 2013.

It took 2 days and I've had harder Interview process ordering coffee

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. The gave me a employment contrct

MIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills in November 2013.

Very intense and thorough process. Video interview and must "pitch" and try to sell a grill. Must memorize script before going to training in UT. If you don't meet their requirements, they'll send you packing. Out of the 16 people I trained with, only 3 of us are still working. Very high turnover rate

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills in November 2013.

Simple and straight forward

Interview Questions
    • trying to sell a grill master a grill.....without a script or formal presentation. Fun but taxing.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills in October 2013.

Training and Interviewing combined, all expenses paid. Dynamically different then most. Worth every minute of the experience.

Interview Questions
    Seamless, straightforward, just read your offer and make a decision.