Traeger Pellet Grills

Relevance Date Difficulty

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative
Springville, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills in June 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty intense hiring process. First a video interview, then you memorize the pitch and present that on another video interview, which is then reviewed by a panel of recruiters. If they like it, you're sent to Utah for some top notch sales training with a final recorded pitch at the end. From there the decision is made whether to pass you and send you to field training, where you're actually selling grills with a vet. If you make it through that, you then have a tandem show with another new hire, and from then on you're on your own doing shows.

Out Side Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills.

Interview Details – Phone interview was simple, then Skype to sell the grill. The recruiter wasn't difficult, but also didn't ask any pointed questions. I'm unsure why i didnt get selected for the job as I am a seasoned sale pro who presents well. You must overcome at least ONE objection or you'll be rejected.

Interview Question – Sell the grill, and sell HARD, close or else.   Answer Question

Provo, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills.

Interview Details – First you submit a video of a sales pitch on youtube. Next will be a video "interview", it's just another sales pitch. Then they'll send you to Utah for 3 days of training, learning the pitch, and learning about the company.

Interview Question – No questions really. Just need to know how to pitch something.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Beware. It is a high pressure sales job. They will sell you on the product, which I believe has a niche market, but its not the best like they claim. If its as good as they claim, it would sell itself... The company has a huge lack of integrity. Don't go to Utah if you're on the fence at all. They had told me it was a "no risk" interview process, meaning if either party didn't fit, they would pay for all of the travel. I bowed out of the interview process for questionable selling strategies (laughing at customers if they couldn't afford a grill, or applauding customer disservice for example). After I told them it wasn't a good fit, they told me I was on my own to get back home. For a long taxi back to the airport, and a plane ticket that day, I was out quite a bit of money. Not so "risk free" if you ask me.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Springville, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills in March 2012.

Interview Details – This hiring process was definitely the most intense process I have ever been through.There was a combination of phone interviews, in-person interviews, sales training and audition, and then on-the-job evaluation before I was actually hired on. Although I was paid for parts of this process, it was long. However, now I understand why. In sales, there is so much turnover, that this company is determined to see your ability to sell in a live environment prior to offering a full position in an effort not to waste my time and theirs. The phone interviews and in person interviews were standard and easy. The sales training required them to fly me to Utah for 3 days where they taught me about the product and then at the end of the 3 days, I had to sell it to them. This was hard! It required me to study late nights and absorb a lot of information in a short time. The on-the-job evaluation was less pressure but I had to produce in a live environment. I guess it all paid off because I have made six figures with the company since I started.

Interview Question – There weren't any hard questions but I had to produce a video of me selling a grill that I have never heard of and that was challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotion. The pay structure is cookie cutter.

MIT Interview

MIT
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very intense and thorough process. Video interview and must "pitch" and try to sell a grill. Must memorize script before going to training in UT. If you don't meet their requirements, they'll send you packing. Out of the 16 people I trained with, only 3 of us are still working. Very high turnover rate

Interview Question – Video sales pitch   Answer Question

MIT Interview

MIT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills in December 2013.

Interview Details – It took 2 days and I've had harder Interview process ordering coffee

Interview Question – There wasn't any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. The gave me a employment contrct

National Sales Representative Interview

National Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills.

Interview Details – I was excited about the 10 days on/10 days off aspect of the position. I can sell anything. However, in my career, I am done "selling" myself. I applied via LinkedIn and had a response almost immediately, asking me to create an account and to fill out the application, so I did. Then I received a very long email about how I needed to put together a video of myself selling their product. No. I will not do that. I have managed 30+ sales people, I will not make a video of myself. I did not respond after the email inquiry.

Interview Question – Them asking me to make a video of myself selling their product. Really?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills in November 2013.

Interview Details – Simple and straight forward

Interview Question – trying to sell a grill master a grill.....without a script or formal presentation. Fun but taxing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Traeger Pellet Grills in October 2013.

Interview Details – Training and Interviewing combined, all expenses paid. Dynamically different then most. Worth every minute of the experience.

Interview Question – Who was the best in my training class   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Seamless, straightforward, just read your offer and make a decision.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

Interview Details – This company moves very quickly in the hiring process which is good. It is almost too good in fact. There are two phone interviews then they fly you to their HQ for a training and offer session.

Interview Question – Everything is very straightforward in the process and a lot of potential is promised.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another offer that appeared more stable came along

Worked for Traeger Pellet Grills? Contribute to the Community!