TranSystems Interview Questions

2.5

Entry Level Highway Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TranSystems.

Interview

I first spoke with one of their engineering staff at my campus civil engineering career fair. About a month after that I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an office interview. During the office interview I first spoke with two senior staff members at once and then following that I spoke with a group of three senior staff members at once. The interview was very comfortable and casual. They started by asking me generic questions about my resume and expanded with follow up questions after my responses. I was then given an offer two weeks after the office interview.

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TranSystems (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I contacted them through an alum from my school. I was called for an interview. The interview was for about an hour and a half. I met the Principal Engineer, Engineering Department Head and Management Head. Most questions were based on past experience, basically points from the resume. Lot of emphasis of software used in the past and the ability to adapt.

Interview Questions

• I was also asked to draw a Bending Moment and Shear Force diagram.   Answer Question

New Grad Civil/Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TranSystems (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Got call for in-person interview through recruiter after applying online. Interview taken by manager and HR person. Interview incorporated mostly, going through resume, description of work profile by manager. No HR questions although person was present. Correspondence was very weak from company as recruiter didn't let me know of decision after multiple emails and call till I called the HR present in my interview.

Interview Questions

• As my research was on USDOT specifications, they asked me specifically about OHIO.   1 Answer

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TranSystems (Boston, MA).

Interview

I got the interview through networking at my previous job. Got a call for an interview from an acquaintance, and had the interview later that week. Very laid back, talked a lot about my previous work experience and school work, as well as just about me in general. Very friendly. After the interview, however, it did take about two months to hear back from them with a job offer. I called a few times to check the status and did not hear back until they offered me the job, which was fine! The offer was a little lower than what I expected, but they pay for transportation and good benefits, so it all works out.

Interview Questions

• What I wanted in my next job, because I was not sure what the job description was and I did not want to say the wrong thing. Turns out the job I wanted was exactly what the opening was for.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at TranSystems (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed for the a design position. I received a phone call less than 24 hours later asking to set up an interview in Houston. I drove to Houston for the first interview. After the first interview I was called back the next day for a second interview. On the second interview I was introduced to the office and taken out to lunch. They offered me the position later that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• On the second interview the VP of the office gave me an engineering scenario and asked how I would solve the problem.   Answer Question

Structural Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranSystems (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online via their companies online application form. A few days later I was emailed asking me if I would be interested in an interview. I accepted, and the interview was four days later. I went in, was greeted by the individual that emailed me, and was invited into the conference room. Three other employees trickled in, and I distributed my resumes to all four of them. Basically the interview consisted of them asking me questions directly off of my resume, which I liked. The interview was relatively laid back and enjoyable. The only "tough question" that I was asked was "what do you think our company does?". My response was incomplete, and they clarified exactly what their company does, but besides that it was a very easy interview, and it took about 30 minutes. They also asked me for my references at the end of the interview, which I luckily had printed out before hand. They said that they would make a decision by the end of the week, and I got a phone call on Friday offering me the job. Overall a very positive experience, nice office atmosphere, appears to be a great company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think our company does?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a salary offer which was a little low on what I was expecting, but I was only required to work 40 hours a week, and any hours over 40 I would be paid overtime (not time and a half, but $20+ an hour). I accepted the offer because of this. They also will pay $100 a month for transportation fees.

Civil Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at TranSystems (Kansas City, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was a sit down process that went well. They inquired about my knowledge in the field I was applying for and asked certain questions.

Corporate Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TranSystems (Kansas City, MO) in May 2010.

Interview

Completed phone interview and in person interview with CFO and HR VP. I did not receive a second interview but I did receive wonderful feedback as to the reasons why I was not the best candidate. I have a position but I would give anything to work for this CFO. I would quit my job tomorrow in a heart beat to work with her. She clearly cares about Transystems and all that employees. I have been in the workplace a long time and have never had that type of experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you strategize about the future while fulfilling short-term and medium term demands.   Answer Question

Structural Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranSystems (Paramus, NJ) in August 2009.

Interview

Met with a project manager and went over my resume. He talked mostly about the compny and what they do. He then told me my job responsibilities and said he had many people to interview and he would call me next week. I was offered the job the next day and accepted

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negociation

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TranSystems (Chicago, IL) in January 2008.

Interview

I was brought in after meeting with the companies representatives at my University's job fair. The interview was fairly quick and straight forward. I met with about 3-4 individuals about the job, company, and hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation