Trans States Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Trans States (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A few weeks later, I received an email inviting me to the next interview session along with the application attached. Fill this out prior to the session. When you arrive, you sign in and give the recruiters (who are senior flight attendants) your application. They will give you a name tag with a number on it. They have a slideshow presentation on the history and information about the company which lasted about 20-30 minutes. They also briefly go over some of the policies of the company. They explain that the company does a VERY thorough criminal background check. On the application, two of the questions are "Have you ever been arrested?" and "Have you ever been *convicted?" *Convicted - meaning when you were arrested, did you have to do community service, attend a class, pay a fine, etc. This is important to answer correctly because you will be asked to leave training if anything shows up on you background check that you haven't stated on the application. FBI background checks will show everything. Answering 'yes' to these questions does not bar you from moving forward. They give you one last chance to make any small changes to the application during the break. After the short 5 minute break, they have everyone introduce themselves to the group, state your experience, and why you applied to be a flight attendant with TSA. Everyone is then asked to leave the conference room while they narrow down the candidates. The session began with 20-30 people. When they reached their decision, they posted the list of number corresponding to each of us, if you had a "yes" next to your number you were invited back in to continue the session. If your number was left blank, you were dismissed immediately. However, they did mention that you could apply again in 6 months. Myself and only 5 other people were invited back in to proceed, so they made some major cuts after introductions. They continued with the slideshow getting into the real nuts and bolts of the position (compensation, routes, benefits, more policies, schedules, training) and the lifestyle. It's definitely for a very specific type of person. A few key points: You start out on reserve meaning you will be on call a majority of your first few months. Seniority is how you earn the schedule bids that you want. They operate on smaller air crafts, so you have the responsibility of being the ONLY flight attendant. They ask if anyone has questions. The recruiters then take each candidate in for a short 5 minute one-on-one interview. I've seen online that some people have found out on the spot if they got the job. I was last of the 6 people to go in for the one-on-one interviews. I watch everyone go in and come out and nobody seemed very excited as if they were just offered the job. I did my interview on a Thursday and we were told we would find out before the weekend via email (along with a study guide for training)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Trans States

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Trans States (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application online in January and got an e-mail the last week of April inviting me to a recruiting session. I went and there were about 25 or so of us here, maybe 30. They described the job description and expressed that if you have any visible tattoos, you cannot cover them up, you are not qualified. They explained the lifestyle and gave people who didn't qualify or changed their minds a chance to leave while we had a 5-10 minute break. We lost about 8. Then we each had to stand up and give a 1 minute introduction describing our work experience and why we wanted the job. They cut it down to about 10 or so and then we were shown a little more about the job like pay, benefits, training, etc. After were the one on one interviews. That was on a Tuesday and I got an email Friday offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations on pay. But the training date they offered me was less than 2 weeks away so they did offer to let me have a later date.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Trans States.

Interview

Invited to open house style interview. They began with a brief video overview of the company. Someone then described in detail what they were looking for. We were then asked to stand up individually and answer four questions about ourselves any what brought us to the interview. They then kept about half of us and gave more in depth information on the company and their expectations. After that they took us for f2f interviews. Email arrived in a day with a cjo.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Trans States (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Very basic group interview. Over 30 of us in a very small room Very diverse group. All ages and sizes. Senior F/A talked about the job, pay, benefits, etc. Then it was time for a one on one. Some were hired on the spot. Be prepared to be there all morning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Trans States (Dulles, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Ad in newspaper, applied online, cattle call for interview, introduction of company policy and pay, indiviual interview, ask to read a post card, ask if I could training starting in 2 days, I accepted the following training, received call w/i 24hrs to confirm --Hired. Paid 8 week training, Hotel and daily breakfast paid by company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None- 70hrs min. per month, starting $17.25 per hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Trans States (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

The one on one is a general questionnaire. Be prepared for a group interview of stating why you want to fly w/ Trans States

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Trans States (Washington, DC) in September 2007.

Interview

They explain the job to you in depth and make sure that you fit the standard qualifications. They go over the company history and try and see who was paying attention. During the one on one they try to get a feel for whether you would actually be able to stand the job and if you'll stay with it. They also make sure that you can read. During the group interview they tell you that they'll call you within the next week if you got the job, but during the one on one you really find out.