Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at TransAlta
- Training Analyst (1)
- Power Plant Operator (1)
- Process Operator (1)
- New Grad Rotation (1)
- Pretty Easy (1)
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at TransAlta.
Applied on-line - received pre-screen interview over the phone. If you can meet for a face-to-face for interview, make personal connection with manager and you'll get the job.
- Management is unqualified to do interviews. Answer Question
Negotiate your salary, I got more than market dictated.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at TransAlta.
I got hired by online application nd the interview process was very difficult. i strongly believe that this is a great and successful company and ill give my best to sustain myself in the same company for years
- What was your project? 1 Answer
- Accepted Offer
two people ask questions and try to find out if you can think on your feet. They want to see if you can get along in a group enviroment and how you handle pressure.
- Why do you want to work here? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at TransAlta (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.
Applied online, called for an interview at the headquarters downtown Calgary. Interview started off with going over resume, they had a few pages of questions to ask and took notes, They got into some behavioral questions which were the same as usual. For example explain a time when ..... happened? etc. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? They emailed after two weeks and said they were still interviewing. And 4 weeks after that they finally called and said no.
- asked a lot of questions that someone early in career wouldn't know how to answer because they have never would have had to deal with that. 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at TransAlta (Sundance, AB (Canada)) in January 2013.
It was a pretty cut and dry process, I sent in my resume online and the got back to me in about a week. I interviewed a week later. They called me later that day offering me the job.
- The toughest question was, what do you do when there is conflict at work. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
They want to start me at $41 per hour, this is too low for me.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review