TransAlta

Updated Nov 1, 2014
Updated Nov 1, 2014

3.3

Training Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TransAlta.

I got hired by online application nd the interview process was very difficult. i strongly believe that this is a great and successful company and ill give my best to sustain myself in the same company for years

Power Plant Operator Interview

two people ask questions and try to find out if you can think on your feet. They want to see if you can get along in a group enviroment and how you handle pressure.

New Grad Rotation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TransAlta in February 2014.

Applied online, called for an interview at the headquarters downtown Calgary. Interview started off with going over resume, they had a few pages of questions to ask and took notes, They got into some behavioral questions which were the same as usual. For example explain a time when ..... happened? etc. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? They emailed after two weeks and said they were still interviewing. And 4 weeks after that they finally called and said no.

Interview Questions
    • asked a lot of questions that someone early in career wouldn't know how to answer because they have never would have had to deal with that.   View Answer

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sundance, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sundance, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TransAlta in January 2013.

It was a pretty cut and dry process, I sent in my resume online and the got back to me in about a week. I interviewed a week later. They called me later that day offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest question was, what do you do when there is conflict at work.   View Answer

They want to start me at $41 per hour, this is too low for me.