TransCanada Interview Questions & Reviews in Canada

20 interviews

2.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TransCanada.

Asked from a list of typical behavioral questions - ie tell me about a time when... give me an example of when you exhibited...
    Interviewed first with the manager, then with a member of the team
    Took a long time to hear back after interviewing, almost 2 months
    Very detailed background check was needed
    No human resource team was involved until the end

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions - just the usual behavioral questions   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TransCanada.

I was contacted 3 weeks after applying. The interview was 2 weeks later

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had incomplete information and things were constantly changing and you had to make a decision.   Answer Question

Another opportunity

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TransCanada in February 2014.

I applied through the TransCanada website and was invited to an interview at their offices about two weeks later. There were two interviewers and the questions were mostly behavioural.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you had to synthesize large amounts of information.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TransCanada.

Applied online for a new graduate position in Calgary. Got a call for an interview about 2 weeks later. Interviewed at the DT location with two individuals. Questions were behavioural style... nothing out of the ordinary. Received a rejection by phone 1-2 weeks later (did not make it to second round of interviews).

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time when you had to make an exception to the rule."
      "A colleague verbally attacks you during a team meeting. How do you respond to the situation?" (paraphrased)
      Most questions are behavioural style, as is the standard for oil and gas.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at TransCanada.

Asked technical questions and behavior questions. Told me in the interview they will get back to me in a week but never replied.

Pipeline Integrity Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TransCanada.

Found job posting off university website. Applied and approximately 2 weeks later, did the interview at the head office. There were three interviewers and they were all very kind.

Co-Op Student Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TransCanada.

Behavioural questions - looking for specific examples of how you performed in the past.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation on my part. Very happy with the contact.

Mechanical EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TransCanada.

Interviewed for 1 of 30 EIT positions. 2 rounds of interview. First round was with HR rep and 2 managers from the 15 or so projects. Everything was super casual. Standard behavioural questions. Looking to make sure you have time management and communication skills especially. Any work with contractors or managing concurrent priorities/needs of stakeholders is an asset. Make sure to ask for specifics about the day to day responsibilities before starting so that you can target your answers to the specific job. Some positions are more technical, some are more management style.

2nd round interview was 1 on 1 with a manager from the potential group you will be working with. I met with 2 different managers. 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • How will working at TC provide you with value. (ie how does this type of work align with your goals).   Answer Question
    TC has standardized their starting salary for EIT positions. Tried to negotiate, but was unable to move at all.

Director, Oil Pipelines Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at TransCanada in July 2013.

An HR professional from Houston took care of everything. I was very well prepared and informed of the whole process. The interviews were excellent. I had 1 interview with my potentail boss and a second interview with potential direct reports.

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions really. The only one that caught me off guard was a question regarding clients. Would I spend more time with a bigger client than a small one.   View Answer
    Only one round of negotiations. Offer was really good. They increased base salary by a small amount. I negotiated a start date and a signing bonus.

Integrity EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TransCanada.

Behavioral based questions...1 interview

negotiated hourly rate...no negotian for anything else.

Worked for TransCanada? Contribute to the Community!