TransCanada Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.7

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

Staged hiring process, multiple interviews, usually hiring manager and HR first, then colleagues and manager's boss.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall - it was a long time ago. Heavily based on the the Situational Questions - focus on Situation - Action/Reaction - Result.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

called for an interview

EIT Interview

Interview

First round on campus, about behavioral questions.
    Second round in Calgary. Face to face interview with managers.

Interview Questions

Interview

HR + Hiring manager

Co-Op Interview

Interview

The interview ran smoothly, and there was a Level 4 technician that interviewed me alongside a manager. The interview process was easy and although I was nervous, both the technician and the manager made me feel comfortable and the environment in which the interview took place was comfortable as well.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, along with what my program was teaching me.   Answer Question

Integrity EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Behavioral based questions...1 interview

Negotiation

negotiated hourly rate...no negotian for anything else.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TransCanada (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

After I applied online in the end of November (early in December), I got call in March. The manager just asked me if I would like to work in New York, if I have place there to stay. After call, they send me offer letter and contract in a week.

Pipeline Integrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TransCanada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple behavioural questions, asked me what I knew about the company, conflicts/resolution, how my communication skills would help in a corporate setting. It was a phone interview- They let me ask them questions at the and explained my day-to-day duties.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at TransCanada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial 15 minute phone interview with the hiring manager; followed by in-person hour interview with hiring manager and one of his staff; followed by lunch with the VP, hiring manager, and his staff member.

Interview Questions

• How will you thrive in a real-time environment when coming form the public sector?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TransCanada in October 2014.

Interview

For the EiT positions there are two rounds of interviews. First round of interview was with HR where they asked only behavorial questions and lasted approx. 45 mins. Second round of interviews were with the managers of the specific groups they were hiring for. Some managers asked behavorial questions where others asked more analytical questions. It was possible to get technical questions too depending on which group/manager was interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make a decision with incomplete information   Answer Question