TransCanada Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.6

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TransCanada.

Interview

Staged hiring process, multiple interviews, usually hiring manager and HR first, then colleagues and manager's boss.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall - it was a long time ago. Heavily based on the the Situational Questions - focus on Situation - Action/Reaction - Result.   Answer Question

EIT Interview

Interview

First round on campus, about behavioral questions. Second round in Calgary. Face to face interview with managers.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

called for an interview

Interview Questions

Interview

HR + Hiring manager

Co-Op Interview

Interview

The interview ran smoothly, and there was a Level 4 technician that interviewed me alongside a manager. The interview process was easy and although I was nervous, both the technician and the manager made me feel comfortable and the environment in which the interview took place was comfortable as well.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, along with what my program was teaching me.   Answer Question

Integrity EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Behavioral based questions...1 interview

Negotiation

negotiated hourly rate...no negotian for anything else.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TransCanada (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

After I applied online in the end of November (early in December), I got call in March. The manager just asked me if I would like to work in New York, if I have place there to stay. After call, they send me offer letter and contract in a week.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy, there was nothing complex about it. Online application, 1:1 interview with majority fit questions (and some comfort level questions in regard to the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel for the role of Business Analyst) for 30 minutes. Took about a few days of waiting around before an offer came through.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Excel? What functions are you most comfortable with?   Answer Question

Pipeline Integrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TransCanada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple behavioural questions, asked me what I knew about the company, conflicts/resolution, how my communication skills would help in a corporate setting. It was a phone interview- They let me ask them questions at the and explained my day-to-day duties.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

EngineeringStudent - Major Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TransCanada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a bunch of engineering intern positions. They selected me for one of them. Interview was easy no hard questions. Four of them including an engineer and the project manager. What do you know about TransCanada, the position and other similar questions. Only one technical question which I found it easy: What should you consider when you design a gas pipline, and when you design an oil pipeline? They called after two weeks and said that the position was cancelled. Positive experience but they wasted my time if they had to cancel the position.

Interview Questions

• What should you consider when you design a gas pipline, and when you design an oil pipeline?   Answer Question