TransCore Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TransCore in June 2014.

Applied online. Two weeks later Phone interview. Another three weeks on site visit/interviews. Offer received within week of interview. Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Full day of interviews that lasted 5 hours.

Didn't negotiate.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at TransCore in February 2010.

Only interviewed with two people, including the immediate supervisor. Interview was one on one. Spent an hour in total, with the standard experience questions and a run down of the position. There was a phone interview, before hand. There was a drug test and background check done, too. It wasn't that difficult of a process.

Decided to stay at current employer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at TransCore.

I first interviewed with Transcore supervisors Calvin Kuo and Stephen Finn in June 2000. They were very good and thorough in their questions and responses and very encouraging on employment.

I would interview with them again if the chance arose.
    I was referred and interviewed through a recruiting agency ( Co-Telligent, later Comsys ). and they handled initial salary negotions.

Interview Questions
    • Unable to remember most difficult question(s). Interview was conducted in June 2000.   Answer Question
    I was hired by Transcore as a contract employee through Co-Tellligent, later Comsys, for six-months. After six-months Stephen Finn and I agreed on an initial salary of 64,000 starting in January 2001.

Material Control Manager/Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TransCore.

Only one interview with Department Head.
    It was friendly, efficient, and I was hired the same day.
    Details were about my background in video cameras and development work.
    I was immediately made to feel welcome and moved into my new office.
    I do not recall any difficult question.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start? I want to send you on a field trip to Orlando, FL. You will tour our customer's installation and document any discrepansies you happen to find.   View Answer
    Negotiations were easy and I wanted to get as close to my previous salary as I could. This was not a problem and I began the hiring process. This took place in 1993.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TransCore.

They asked me to submit a resume, because they found my profile on LinkedIn interesting. I was interviewed twice, once by upper management and once by the development staff. Then, I heard nothing (not even a letter in the mail)

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years, and not just professionally?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at TransCore in September 2009.

Talk to the HR recruiter first, typical questions. Then get a call to talk to the hiring manager. Overall interview time was about 40 minutes. Questions are pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • This position will involve a lot of travel, is that ok with you?   Answer Question

Worked for TransCore? Contribute to the Community!