TransFirst

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Aurora, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TransFirst in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very impressive. Two phone interviews, 2 personal interviews, including sitting with current sales people to experience the job first hand. That is a real benefit to see and experience the atmosphere prior to your final interview. Met with the 2 sales managers individually, which gave me a sense of their different styles.

Interview Question – What was your favorite product offered on the company website and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and they were up front with their expectations.

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Cypress, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TransFirst in December 2013.

Interview Details – I sent my CV after seeing a Craig's List post for the position. Recruiter #1 called me, we scheduled a meet-n-greet. My research here on GlassDoor already had me filled with trepidation as 3/4 of the reviews of the inside sales dept. were scary. Anyway, after 5 min. with Recruiter #1, who was not able to answer any of my basic ?s, I was passed to the head honcho. I spent nearly 1.5 hrs., then was passed to one of the Mgrs. He made an offer after 20 minutes. I will itemize specific things that were "off" about these guys: 1) They post on Craig's List every WEEK for inside sales...Qualifications? A pulse will do. 2) According to a GD post, the dept. goes thru 120 people a YEAR in an 80 person dept.- 150% turnover! The "recruiters" jobs are secure. The CL posts also call out:"base + commi$$ion of $10+" False, as after 120 days, the base is pulled. A base of $10/hr.? Scary in itself. Also, these guys require 100-150 calls a DAY to "leads". I feel the leads are nothing more than a name on a list. Another GD review says the "leads" are just that. Disinterested small business owners...Last, I did MORE research, and business writers give TransFirst poor grades, and the merchant reviews are also horrid at a C-. After 1.5 days I e-mailed a "pass" after initially accepting. Making 150+ SUPER-COLD CALLS a DAY! and then all the obtuse paperwork? The offices also were an absolute morgue- dead quiet, NO music, just silence! Signs all over saying "QUIET!". The big question: Why do they have 150% turnover every year? I can't have some quiet tunes in my cube, to prevent me from going insane? Pass, thanx, buh-bye.

Interview Question – None- 1 question, the standard:" What makes you a good fit for this position?"   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Massive turnover in the department is a red flag to a pro like me. Morgue-like office environment with "QUIET!" signs posted at every turn...etc.

Regional Account Executive Interview

Regional Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TransFirst in March 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter- had phone interview. Then met with sales manager for face-to-face. I was offered the job and then accepted several days later.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual- basic background/experience questions   Answer Question

Collector II Interview

Collector II
Broomfield, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at TransFirst in March 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews first on was with that manager that never showed up. I had to go back out again and meet her. Got the call and the email

Interview Question – Training was poor. They gave the job to the one that had the worst attitude. They changed hours on her and she complained the most and got her hours back but not for the other employees   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the offer letter through email

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TransFirst in November 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process at TransFirst is very slow. Sometimes taking months for prospects to receive an offer for me it was just under 2 months from the time I submitted my resume when they knowingly had an opening. I noticed this from the hiring side as well which was not improved much over the 2 years I spent with the company. I was interviewed not too long after submitting my resume through a college that was a Director. After my interview I didn't hear from them for well over a month and when they finally called they asked me if I could start the next Monday (nice opportunity to give my employer 2 weeks). So I had to burn a bridge to accept the job.

Interview Question – How would you describe how to pump gas to someone that has never done it before?   View Answers (2)

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Broomfield, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TransFirst in December 2011.

Interview Details – I initially ph interviewed with the hiring manager. Then I did a group interview with the hiring manager and a peer. Then interviewed with the chief HR officer. So in total I spent around 3-4 hours interviewing. Although I was quite skeptical after I interviewed on-site and had strong concerns with the company and mainly the senior leader, I did send a thank you letter (just as a professional courtesy). I never received any acknowledgement from anyone, not even a thank you for your time or a rejection letter. When I shortly thereafter landed another job I sent a letter notifying them that I am formally removing myself from the selection process. Once again they never responded to my email saying thank you or anything. Finally, please note, the senior HR leader there does not promote a healthy and collaborative work environment (manages by fear). HR professionals: I would highly caution you to join this company and HR team.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions. Walk me through your resume, why are you interested, what are your career goals...   Answer Question

Regional Account Executive Interview

Regional Account Executive
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TransFirst in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was sent a letter via their recruiter stating that I would get a phone interview via their Senior Hiring Recruiter on September 30th. The recruiter stated the interview process was a 2 week ordeal and that by October 7th I would have an answer as to whether I would be chosen to further the interview process or not.

Interview Question – What is your greatest accomplishment?   View Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TransFirst in June 2008.

Interview Details – The office in Aurora is a typical call center atmosphere. Some how I knew more about the industry then the manager who was interviewing me and that was very unsettling. I turned down the position twice until the VP of Sales personally called and asked that I go to lunch with him where I eventually relented and took the position.

Interview Question – why would you be a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Worked for TransFirst? Contribute to the Community!