TransFirst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.6

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransFirst (Cypress, CA).

Interview

Since the new testing requirement added to the hiring process that was implemented in April 2015, the interview process for Inside Sales Reps is different from what the previous poster described about his/her interview process (referring to the poster that wrote, "...interviewed at TransFirst (Cypress, CA) in May 2015" and stated that the online application only took 2 minutes). That comment sounds very fishy to me. First of all, the initial online application has 2 stages and does not just take 2 minutes as stated, "I applied on line that took 2 minutes," because the 1st stage of the online application requires detailed applicant information like employment history, etc. After completing the 1st stage the applicant receive an email requiring their online test with instructions and a link to take the online test consisting of 2 parts.The 1st part is personality test with no time limit and 2nd part is a cognitive aptitude test (similar to an IQ test) that consist of 50 questions with a 15 minute time limit. If the applicant does not pass the cognitive aptitude test, the application and the interview process ends there. If the applicant passes the cognitive aptitude test, then the applicant is virtually assured a job offer after the formality of quick phone and face to face interview. In general and in the real world, most sales people who take this type of cognitive aptitude test score very low relative to a software engineer. I wonder how many sales applicants have even passed TransFirst's cognitive aptitude test to qualify for the next stage of the interview process???

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransFirst (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Stay away from this unethical company - they are bad news! I applied on-line for an inside sales position (I have 15 years experience as a top sales representative). I was contacted by a recruiter (recruiter #1) named who asked me to take an on-line assessment, which I did. That took an hour. Then he played phone tag with me for a week; I never talked with him. Two weeks later recruiter #2 called me. I spent an hour on the phone with her. She gave me overt misinformation about the position and compensation. A week later I was contacted by a third recruiter (do these people talk to each other?). We spoke for an hour on the phone and he arranged for me to come in for an "in-person" interview in a week. Recruiter #3 said when we got off the phone he would email me directions and contact information for the person I'd be interviewing with. He did not. I emailed him a few days later and left voice mail but had no reply. Six days later I emailed recruiter #2 and she sent the interview info. I showed up a half hour early for the interview and was escorted around the office by recruiter #1. (hey, we finally spoke after 10 days of phone tag). The sales staff looked morose. When we arrived at the interview room recruiter #1 discovered someone else had booked the room (how's that for planning), so he asked me to go to the outer waiting area, offering no apology, where I sat for 10 minutes. Then he ushered me into an empty office and said that the team lead, would be in "right away" to interview me. I sat in the empty office for 15 minutes. When this person arrived he offered no apology, least of all showing any recognition that he was 15 minutes late for our appointment. I spent an hour with this person. At the end of the interview he said he'd like me to return for part 2 of the interview process, which is listening to/shadowing a sales rep on the phone. I agreed (reluctantly for all of the aforementioned reasons and the fact the base salary is $12 hour - in 2015!). He said I would be contacted "in the next couple of days" to come back in the same week. By the time I got home I had received a boilerplate email from recruiter #1 thanking me for coming in but they are considering other candidates and they will keep my resume in the circular file for a year. I was appalled. This, in my opinion, was grossly unethical of Transfirst - to be invited back for part 2 of the interview process and then to renege on that invitation. I was lied to. Recruiter #1 did not acknowledge or show concern about the fact the team lead had asked I return for part 2 and that I'd agreed. I was not impressed with the caliber of any of the people I interacted with at Transfirst or the bumbling nature of all throughout the long process. I answered recruiter #1's email but did not have the courtesy of a reply. I called recruiter #2 as a courtesy to convey my dissatisfaction about my inept and unethical handling. His response? "Well, we don't hire everyone we interview." I was astounded. He missed the point entirely and added insult to injury. Be forewarned. Don't waste your time with this company.

Interview Questions

• The one thing they did not ask me at the interview is "I hope you did not mind that I was 15 minutes late" to meet with you.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TransFirst in July 2015.

Interview

The whole process was very impersonal. They approached me via email after finding my resume online and indicated I appeared to be a good fit for a position they were trying to fill. If I was interested, I was to send them my resume and cover letter, which I did. Without ever talking to someone in person, I was told that to continue the process I had to first complete an online "assessment" to confirm that I would be a good fit with the organization.

Interview Questions

• Their screening process starts with an online timed "assessment" that they ask you to perform without any indication of what it will entail other than to allocate at least 1/2 hour to it with the caveat that you probably won't be able to complete it on time. It ended up being a two part assessment with the first being a personality test that was pretty innocuous. The second part was an "ability" assessment with weird matching, verbal, computational, and pattern problems that were made harder by long complicated instructions, the time factor (about 18 seconds per), and the knowledge that you could never finish in time. It was very stressful and in my opinion, not a good indicator on how a job candidate would perform on the job.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TransFirst (Cypress, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on line that took 2 minutes, then had a phone interview with Carol (recruiter) and she tol dme all about the job. she was very detailed about the job and told me why people stay and why htey leave. less turnover at the company then before and she made it sound really fun too!

Interview Questions

• what kind of money do i want to make   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransFirst in December 2014.

Interview

Everything was really fast. I passed a phone interview, and did a online questionnaire. I than went in to so a face to face interview. After setting down with the person I had the phone interview with, I interviewed with two sales managers. The first guy was nice and we talked about what they do and my background. I than interview with a second manager and it seemed like we had more of a connection. Everyone there is really personable and friendly. I got an offer and took it that day.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransFirst (Cypress, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I sent my CV after seeing a Craig's List post for the position. Recruiter #1 called me, we scheduled a meet-n-greet. My research here on GlassDoor already had me filled with trepidation as 3/4 of the reviews of the inside sales dept. were scary. Anyway, after 5 min. with Recruiter #1, who was not able to answer any of my basic ?s, I was passed to the head honcho. I spent nearly 1.5 hrs., then was passed to one of the Mgrs. He made an offer after 20 minutes. I will itemize specific things that were "off" about these guys: 1) They post on Craig's List every WEEK for inside sales...Qualifications? A pulse will do. 2) According to a GD post, the dept. goes thru 120 people a YEAR in an 80 person dept.- 150% turnover! The "recruiters" jobs are secure. The CL posts also call out:"base + commi$$ion of $10+" False, as after 120 days, the base is pulled. A base of $10/hr.? Scary in itself. Also, these guys require 100-150 calls a DAY to "leads". I feel the leads are nothing more than a name on a list. Another GD review says the "leads" are just that. Disinterested small business owners...Last, I did MORE research, and business writers give TransFirst poor grades, and the merchant reviews are also horrid at a C-. After 1.5 days I e-mailed a "pass" after initially accepting. Making 150+ SUPER-COLD CALLS a DAY! and then all the obtuse paperwork? The offices also were an absolute morgue- dead quiet, NO music, just silence! Signs all over saying "QUIET!". The big question: Why do they have 150% turnover every year? I can't have some quiet tunes in my cube, to prevent me from going insane? Pass, thanx, buh-bye.

Interview Questions

• None- 1 question, the standard:" What makes you a good fit for this position?"   3 Answers

Massive turnover in the department is a red flag to a pro like me. Morgue-like office environment with "QUIET!" signs posted at every turn...etc.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TransFirst in December 2013.

Interview

Recruiter imitated the call. Sold me on the company. Interviewed with hiring manager a few days later. All by phone. I was repeatedly ask why I'd want to place my fate in the hands of others, in reference to being a manager. Another point that kept coming up was my willingness to terminate people.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager stated that he didn't want to know about my skills, he asked about my personal life and what sports I was interested in. He got very personal. Religion. Children. Marriage status. Etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, it's a take it or leave it deal.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransFirst (Aurora, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very impressive. Two phone interviews, 2 personal interviews, including sitting with current sales people to experience the job first hand. That is a real benefit to see and experience the atmosphere prior to your final interview. Met with the 2 sales managers individually, which gave me a sense of their different styles.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite product offered on the company website and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer and they were up front with their expectations.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I interviewed at TransFirst (Aurora, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

Pretty basic. You speak with the recruiter and they will hire anyone...and I mean anyone. Do yourself a favor and skip the interview process. They will hire anyone and drop you as quick as they can. Spend more time training and less time recruiting.

Collector II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TransFirst (Broomfield, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

2 interviews first on was with that manager that never showed up. I had to go back out again and meet her. Got the call and the email

Interview Questions

• Training was poor. They gave the job to the one that had the worst attitude. They changed hours on her and she complained the most and got her hours back but not for the other employees   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got the offer letter through email