TransPerfect

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Athens, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – I originally spoke with TransPerfect at a college career fair where they then encouraged me to go and apply through the school's application system. After looking at my resume I was invited to a social "information session" where applicants could speak to current employees about their experiences and ask any questions. An interview was then scheduled electronically.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty direct behavioral questions. "What would you do if,,,?"   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect in March 2014.

Interview Details – 4 phone interviews with a Recruiter, Regional Director, VP of America Sales, VP Global Sales. Calpier test (takes about an hour) which is an IQ/personality test. Finally a meeting with the Regional Director who would be my boss.

Interview Question – Grilled me on why my sales where down from the previous year but other than that there were the basic motivation questions and why I would be a good fit for the company   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at TransPerfect in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career center webpage, and then was contacted. I had a face to face interview on campus, then a required writing test, followed by an interview in their office, then a phone interview, followed by a happy hour mixer, and now am currently waiting on the final phone interview and a test. The people I've met are young, in their early-mid 20s.

Interview Question – If you could be any animal what would you be and why?   View Answer

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews, LONG online personality test (took a few hours) then 1 in person interview... which they flew me to another state for. Then they called with an offer.

Interview Question – None. Easy interviews, just a long process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but in retrospect I probably could have.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TransPerfect in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via school website. Recruiter called me by phone a few minutes after I had submitted my application. I interviewed with two people individually. They told me their recruitment process was on a rolling basis, and didn't know when they would be able to give me an answer. I ended up accepting a job offer at another company.

Interview Question – What do you think is the most important quality for an account manager to have?   Answer Question

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TransPerfect in July 2010.

Interview Details – The first step was a phone interview which was fairly quick but it was easy to tell if the call had gone good or bad. I was contacted right away for an in person interview.
The in person interview as at the office downtown and was about an hour, I spoke to my previous experience, heard a bit about the position and toured the office.
I meet with my two potential bosses as well as the director for the office.

Interview Question – The director asks some questions that can catch you a bit off guard but they do a great job of seeing how you react to pressure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Looking back I think I should have pushed for a bit more, knowing the hiring market in the location I interviewed. I ended up taking a pay cut to be in a better location.

Account Manager

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TransPerfect in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to the company via my University's career services and within a week I got an email from them to set up a phone interview. They called me right on time and the interview began right away. It was really straightforward, very common questions and nothing too personal. I was really nervous before the call, but the person calling me was very easygoing and made me feel very comfortable, despite being very professional. This was my first interview with the company, so I still don't know if I'll get an offer.

Interview Question – What do you like about Transperfect's history?   Answer Question

Interviewed at TransPerfect

Interview Details – I have only been through one interview so i'm not sure the outcome but the Interview went well. They asked pretty common questions and actually had a good flowing conversation. They asked a lot of basic questions about my experience and then we talked a lot about the company/position and what I could bring to the position.

Interview Question – What was a challenge you have encountered in a professional and personal setting.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect in July 2011.

Interview Details – Worked with an internal recruiter on a phone interview and then wrote a short essay about myself.

Then had in person interview with my now boss. Followed by two phone interviews with VPs. Then an online test.

Interview Question – What do you think TransPerfect does?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. It was what they had to offer or nothing at all.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, then phone and face-to-face with the hiring manager
Phone interviews with senior managers
Personality test/Writing sample

Interview Question – What makes me more qualified for this position than other seemingly qualified candidates?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate, but the offer they gave me was above my expectations to begin with

Interviews for Top Jobs at TransPerfect

Worked for TransPerfect? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TransPerfect Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by TransPerfect employees and interview candidates.