TransPerfect Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TransPerfect.

I applied online and was emailed for a phone interview. With the email I was sent a few articles on TransPerfect to read before the interview. The articles basically talked about what an amazing company it was and how its founders built it from the ground up. I was inspired and excited for the interview.
    The phone interview was not a positive experience and made me realize this was not the company for me. I live outside of NYC, and the first 10 questions I was asked had to do with why I wanted to move to NYC. I said I don't care about moving to NYC its really the job that I was excited for. That answer was not sufficient strangely enough. I was not asked about the articles I was sent at all, and the interview ended in about ten minutes. I believe the company tries to find young recent grads who are dying to move to NYC, and therefore will take a low salary and long abusive hours in order to move there.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TransPerfect in September 2013.

1 phone interview, then 1 test via email (for attention to detail). Then an in-person interview, first with HR, then with 2 hiring managers, and then with the VP of projections. Also, had an on-site test (similar to the first one). The test was to compare the same document in 2 diff languages, and catch the errors (ie number mismatch, missing punctuation). Heard back the day after in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • "How much do you want to work here, on a scale of 1 to 10"   Answer Question
    Salary non-negotiable

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect in August 2014.

The interview was very short. It took maximum 10 minutes. The interviewer clearly did not want to talk to me and simply asked couple of questions just to be polite. It was a very strange interview experience. Why would they waste time calling if they are not interested? I have no idea. I was not asked any hard or unexpected questions. I wish I was, because, despite the horrible reviews and lousy pay, I wanted this job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Only normal questions like: tell me about yourself, your work, why us.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TransPerfect.

After taking an attention to detail exam online I was invited for an interview in their office. There they gave me a logic exam before I was able to meet with the manager. After the interview they said they'd call me back but I never received one so I'm guessing they didn't want me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing tough particularly. Straightforward interview.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Applied for the position and a few days later HR got in contact with me and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview went well and within a day I found I was going to their NYC Location for an in person interview. Questions were pretty simple, no technical questions. Interview was fairly short, but I believe it went well. Turns out I was right and was told if I would prefer NYC or Philadelphia for my internship location. After giving me the run-around for 2 weeks, I found out that their "current intern" was going to stay another semester. After making other companies wait on me for several weeks to find out that they didn't actually need me made me furious.

The only reason I'm rating this a 2 is because the girl from HR was extremely friendly and helpful. Howerver, if you're down for getting your hopes up and getting denied last second, TransPerfect is the place for you!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time at your last job where you had to deal with someone   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect in June 2012.

There was an recruiter call for culture, fit, and an onsite interview (mostly for culture fit). The onsite was in front of the project manager, senior software engineer, and another team member.

Interview Questions
    negotiate for an extra 5-10%.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at TransPerfect.

My first contact as with a representative at my college fair. 6 months later I was contact by them saying that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. Once the time of the interview came along they forgot to call me and then ignore all my emails. Awful experience.

Client Services Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect in November 2012.

The hiring/interview process went extremely well. First was the phone interview, and then the in person interview. The questions asked pertained specifically to my job skills and ways i could personally benefit the company.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, the questions were not difficult or unexpected. Everything was smooth sailing, in my opinion.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I Applied online. Then I heard from them within days via email. Then I Had a phone interview. I am now waiting for the test. They are slow in the process of interview. They don't give great salaries.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Applied online and heard back from a hiring manager like a week later. Received an email scheduling an interview for that afternoon or the next day. The interview was very basic and I'm waiting on a response.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic questions: strenghts? weaknesses? where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for TransPerfect? Contribute to the Community!