TransPerfect

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.6

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview process was easy, kind of nerve-wrecking as it seemed like they just desperately needed people and would say anything to hire you. Incredibly fake, everyone seemed like they were out for themselves

Interview Questions

Wasn't a good fit and employers seemed phony

Project Coordinator Interview

Phone interview was brief, basic quesions about yourself and whether or not you are interested in the Project Coordinator position, nothing out of the ordinary. Afterwards they typically send an editing assessment assignment.

Team Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TransPerfect.

Applied online. After a week I received an email requesting time for a phone interview. Had the phone interview the following day and schedule an in-person interview for the following week with the hiring manager. I am still waiting for a response from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The initial questions were standard:
      - Why do you want to leave your current employer?
      - What do you currently do at your current place of employment?
      - What's your desired salary?
        Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TransPerfect.

Applied online through website. Contacted by recruiter week later - phone interview w/ basic sales intro sales Qs - why sales, why are you looking - next phone screen w/ VP - short Qs to the point on a Friday, scheduled an interview day w/ them on Monday. Met 4 VPs simple Qs. Next step is to get feedback from recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • 1-10 interest
      1-10 how you like transperfect
      1-10 how competitive
      1-10 how hungry
      Are you a hunter or farmer
      Why sales
      Why are you looking
      Why transperfect
      Why legal vert
      Why do you want to come back to legal
      GPA in college
      Can you lead
      What do you think of our culture
      Do you think you are a line wolf?
      When can you start
      Would your company be upset if you left
      What accounts do you have contacts in
        Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

For the interview, everything is based on a scale of 1-10. How competitive are you, how determined are you, rate your work ethic, rate your attention to detail. They also ask if you're a farmer vs. hunter. They don't consider most people that don't rate themselves at least a 9 or 10 for every question.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are very straight forward and no curve balls.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate back and forth twice and raised their initial offer by $4K

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TransPerfect.

I applied online and was emailed for a phone interview. With the email I was sent a few articles on TransPerfect to read before the interview. The articles basically talked about what an amazing company it was and how its founders built it from the ground up. I was inspired and excited for the interview.
    The phone interview was not a positive experience and made me realize this was not the company for me. I live outside of NYC, and the first 10 questions I was asked had to do with why I wanted to move to NYC. I said I don't care about moving to NYC its really the job that I was excited for. That answer was not sufficient strangely enough. I was not asked about the articles I was sent at all, and the interview ended in about ten minutes. I believe the company tries to find young recent grads who are dying to move to NYC, and therefore will take a low salary and long abusive hours in order to move there.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TransPerfect in August 2014.

The interview was very short. It took maximum 10 minutes. The interviewer clearly did not want to talk to me and simply asked couple of questions just to be polite. It was a very strange interview experience. Why would they waste time calling if they are not interested? I have no idea. I was not asked any hard or unexpected questions. I wish I was, because, despite the horrible reviews and lousy pay, I wanted this job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Only normal questions like: tell me about yourself, your work, why us.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TransPerfect.

After taking an attention to detail exam online I was invited for an interview in their office. There they gave me a logic exam before I was able to meet with the manager. After the interview they said they'd call me back but I never received one so I'm guessing they didn't want me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing tough particularly. Straightforward interview.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TransPerfect.

Applied for the position and a few days later HR got in contact with me and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview went well and within a day I found I was going to their NYC Location for an in person interview. Questions were pretty simple, no technical questions. Interview was fairly short, but I believe it went well. Turns out I was right and was told if I would prefer NYC or Philadelphia for my internship location. After giving me the run-around for 2 weeks, I found out that their "current intern" was going to stay another semester. After making other companies wait on me for several weeks to find out that they didn't actually need me made me furious.

The only reason I'm rating this a 2 is because the girl from HR was extremely friendly and helpful. Howerver, if you're down for getting your hopes up and getting denied last second, TransPerfect is the place for you!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time at your last job where you had to deal with someone   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TransPerfect.

My first contact as with a representative at my college fair. 6 months later I was contact by them saying that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. Once the time of the interview came along they forgot to call me and then ignore all my emails. Awful experience.