TransPerfect

Getting the Interview

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect in April 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter came to campus. I emailed her asking about openings, and she gave me an informal telephone interview when she told me the starting salary and gave me some information about the position in general (a bit confusing, difficult to explain without actually trying it out).

Emailed a general proofreading test (took about 2 hours). 2 days later, scheduled on-site interview with the managers you will be working for. 3 days after the interview, HR called offering the position. No negotiation on salary or starting date.

Interview Question – How long would you be willing to fail at something before you give up?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary, benefits, or starting date. Perhaps this is because it would have been my first job out of school, but they kept saying that they are unable to change these parameters because every entry level hire is treated the same...

Director of IT Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed by five people before getting the position. Recruitment manager, IT Manager, CIO, CTO, CEO, Co-CEO. Too many interviews. Total interview time was about 22 hours over four weeks. Worked for the most terrible, fast paced, underpaid environment just shy of three years of my life and I tried to work it out. It takes couple of years to settle in and make progress but in the third, it was beyond bearable.

Interview Question – Unexpected question: if okay to accept calls and log in any time of the day AND NIGHT !   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at TransPerfect

Interview Details – Questions were all normal interview questions, nothing too difficult. Why you are interested in the job, what do you know of the company, what are your long term goals, what appeals to you about the job, and so forth.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – Contacted by human resources for an initial phone interview and skills test. After being told I had passed the skills test, I was brought in for an interview with HR and four different managers within the company. Face-to-face interview lasted four and a half hours in one day. Was told that they would get back to me within a week regarding a job offer.

Interview Question – Where did I see myself in five years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unsure about work environment, hours seemed ridiculous for the pay.

Recruitment Administrator Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – Applied online in Dec. 2013 and was contacted a few days letter to set up a phone interview. It was relatively easy, with questions about my background and interest in the position. Had a second phone interview the next week which was similar to the first one except with more questions about my interest in the company itself. Another short phone interview a few days later in which I was asked if I had any other questions about the company and told my information was being forwarded to a manager to set up an interview with them. A few days later I contacted via e-mail and told they were no longer moving forward with my application.

Interview Question – None were especially difficult. "Why do you want to work for TransPerfect?"   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and went through an initial phone screen followed by a copy editing test followed by a long interview at the office talking to different managers and the VP of production. After that, I was called the next day to set up phone calls with two additional people and then was hired. It wasn't a very tough interview because it seems like they are pretty desperate for people.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult, but they did stress the long hours of the position and the fast-paced environment.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did you read this reviews? This place sounds like, and I quote "the 10th circle of hell." I heard from a current employee that they lie to you and yell at you and basically don't care about you as an employee, they just want to keep you so their turnover rate isn't at 100%. I decided to take that as a MAJOR red flag and declined!

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – Process took about two weeks - the phone interview followed by an in-person interview.

The phone interview is standard, the HR representative tries to get information on why you're applying, what you know about the company, etc. There is a test you take at the end that tests your attention to detail.

The in-person interview was extremely long. I met with the HR representative, followed by a department manager, a team lead with a senior project manager, and then again with another department manager.

It is obvious that they don't brief one another with what was asked/answered as each interview got very repetitive. Same standard questions:
a) where do you see yourself in 5 years/10 years
b) do you plan on going back to grad school
c) tell us about yourself
d) what do you know about the position/company

Interview Question – I didnt expect the interview to be as long as it was but no difficult questions   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TransPerfect in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via school website. Recruiter called me by phone a few minutes after I had submitted my application. I interviewed with two people individually. They told me their recruitment process was on a rolling basis, and didn't know when they would be able to give me an answer. I ended up accepting a job offer at another company.

Interview Question – What do you think is the most important quality for an account manager to have?   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Quality Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect in July 2013.

Interview Details – I heard about this company through a friend while catching up with him after months of not seeing each other. After I talked to the hiring manager via a phone interview, I had to take a 2-hour proofreading test at home. A week later, I got called in for an interview.

The interviewee did most of the talking, which I thought was a good sign, since they must not have had many reservations about me. They told me they would let me know a week later. I followed up when I got no response, and they said someone else who had an interview a while back filled the position.

They were impressed with me, so I had another phone interview a week later for a Project Coordinator position. However, I was declined after the phone interview.

Interview Question – I did not really have any tough questions. It was the typical interview questions that anybody can answer if honest.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – Unorganized hiring process. Different employees were saying different things. Interviewers were unprepared. Did not review resume beforehand.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TransPerfect

Worked for TransPerfect? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TransPerfect interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by TransPerfect employees and interview candidates.