TransPerfect Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.6

Technology Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with overseas manager, in-person interview with two other team managers, and finally a phone interview with another manager. In-person interview was job knowledge related, first interview was mostly about my background, and last phone interview was more about corporate fit and about relocation to Boulder. No skills testing or anything of the sort.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about most client communication being through email or our ticketing system?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a fifteen minute phone interview and was then asked to complete an assessment. After passing the assessment, I was asked to come in to speak with the managers that I'd be working for. The interview lasted about forty-five minutes. After the interview, I was asked to complete a second assessment, similar to the first one. Upon completing it, I was asked to speak with the director of the division I'd be working in. Both interviews were very conversational and everybody was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why TransPerfect? What's an example of a time when you had to go above and beyond to complete a project?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very satisfied with the interview process. I loved how intrigued they were with my answers to their many questions. It felt like the interview process was more of a discussion about the industry and how it can be improved more than an actual interview, which was good. The site manager was very polite and had a good back round story on how she came up in the company.

Interview Questions

• Why would you bring to our comapany?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Relatively easy phone interview, more informational/ to get a feel for my career goals. second step was a draft checking test, to see how detail-oriented you are and how well you'd function in the role. finally, they invited me in for an in-person interview, in which i met with someone from hr as well as two of my would-be supervisors. that was just a week ago, waiting to hear back. I've heard there tend to be multiple rounds of in-person interviews, so we'll see.

Interview Questions

• Why Transperfect? What do you know about OneLink? (specific division I applied for)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The first interview was on the phone, pretty basic, no real curveballs. I was then given a two section, two hour test administered via email. They gave me two pairs of documents and had to find the discrepancies between them. The first two were both in english, and was looking for spelling, grammatical, and structure differences. The second tow had one in english, and one in swedish. With this, they asked for structure differences between the two. It was all easier than it sounds

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions-- nothing too special   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. The interviewer was very friendly, but asked typical interview questions just to get an answer. He didn't ask many followup questions which suggested he was not listening to what I was saying. I got in for the second round of in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why transperfect? Can you give an example of a time you had tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Their hiring/interview process was painstakingly long and unorganized, with no regard to responding within the set timelines. Two (2) months after having submitted my application (10/14), I received their initial response of interest (12/14), at which time they strung me along for a period of 2 months, with emails that wouldn't get answered, phone calls that kept getting delayed, and interviews that kept getting rescheduled. Finally, after 2 months had passed, I was scheduled for an interview (2/15). After what I thought was an awesome interview, that lasted 3 hours, with casual a discussion/question segment and personal tour of the department that followed the formal interview, I went home in high spirits, awaiting their response, which I was promised to received within 2 weeks max....I'm still waiting for that response

Interview Questions

• Assuming you are hired for this position, where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview...the guy was reluctant to answer any specific questions. I understand the industry very well having held leadership positions previously so my conclusions were that either 1) He didn't know his own industry or 2) He didn't want me to know what I might be getting myself into.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Process was very easy in terms of structure and length of time. Initial call with HR recruiter then an onsite meeting with the hiring manager, and sales ops manager. Call with VP of sales then onsite meeting with VP of sales and head of deposition services group.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. Started with a simple phone interview and then proceed to a in person interview. They were straight forward with the amount of workload that was expected. After the in-person interview they set up another phone interview with a manager.