TransPerfect

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Coordinator

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – My first contact as with a representative at my college fair. 6 months later I was contact by them saying that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. Once the time of the interview came along they forgot to call me and then ignore all my emails. Awful experience.

Project Coordinator

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then an in-home 2-hour "final eye" test for formatting and grammatical errors. After passing the test, they asked for an in-person interview in their Manhattan office where I was then asked to take another 1-hour test similar to the first. After the test, I met with the specific department heads I would be working with if offered the position.

Interview Question – Questions seemed like general interview questions. They really focused on how I would fit in the fast-paced environment of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is fixed, with a small increase after training. They give this information during the phone interview. Negotiating the start date seemed possible.

Project Coordinator

I applied through college or university and interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – I met the representative at the college career fair and then they emailed me to schedule an interview. They called and asked me about 10 questions. Most of them were expected and normal interview questions. Not much

Interview Question – Give me a situation where you were under a lot of pressure and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at TransPerfect in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview. Took about 10 minutes. Standard questions. Why Transperfect? Why this job? Asked about most recent experience. What was most rewarding on resume? I read that most people got a test after the phone call. I did not but i am also not expecting to hear back from them.

Interview Question – very basic and standard questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect in April 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter came to campus. I emailed her asking about openings, and she gave me an informal telephone interview when she told me the starting salary and gave me some information about the position in general (a bit confusing, difficult to explain without actually trying it out).

Emailed a general proofreading test (took about 2 hours). 2 days later, scheduled on-site interview with the managers you will be working for. 3 days after the interview, HR called offering the position. No negotiation on salary or starting date.

Interview Question – How long would you be willing to fail at something before you give up?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary, benefits, or starting date. Perhaps this is because it would have been my first job out of school, but they kept saying that they are unable to change these parameters because every entry level hire is treated the same...

Project Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – 2nd round interview, involved another test in the office, meeting with a hiring manager and a series of questions after describing myself and why my skills applied to the roles i was applying for, over all meeting took about an hour and was not particlarly dificult, not sure how it went yet

Interview Question – how would your friends characterize you?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect in March 2014.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume and was followed up by e-mail by someone in HR. Had a phone interview, and then a follow-up interview at their location with the HR person, as well as two project managers. In between the phone interview and follow-up interview, there was a copy test where I had to identify any grammatical errors in translated documents.

Interview Question – The questions aren't really difficult, but the one that I felt a little uneasy about was how I see myself in their team only because it led to some follow-up questions that were a little bit harder to answer based on the one that I gave.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at TransPerfect

Interview Details – Questions were all normal interview questions, nothing too difficult. Why you are interested in the job, what do you know of the company, what are your long term goals, what appeals to you about the job, and so forth.

Project Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – Initially found listing and applied via TransPerfect's own careers site, plus Monster.com. After about 1.5 weeks, got an e-mail about setting up an initial phone screen. Had a 15-minute phone screen that went well--very standard, nothing tricky. (Summarize your past experience. Which of your past experiences was most rewarding and why? Which of your past experiences was most difficult and what did you do to overcome it?)

The person I spoke with was very pleasant and professional, but because of all that I had heard about the toxic workplace culture, and what I had heard from him that seemed to confirm that everyone else's reviews weren't crazy (mostly, the long work hours, juggling 10-20 projects simultaneously, etc.), I decided to forego this opportunity and search elsewhere.

Otherwise, next steps would have included a 2-hour "final eye" proofreading test, followed by an interview at the NY office. I thought it made more sense to curtail the process now, knowing that I would not take the offer even if I got it.

Interview Question – Which of your past experiences was most difficult and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview Details – Contacted by human resources for an initial phone interview and skills test. After being told I had passed the skills test, I was brought in for an interview with HR and four different managers within the company. Face-to-face interview lasted four and a half hours in one day. Was told that they would get back to me within a week regarding a job offer.

Interview Question – Where did I see myself in five years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unsure about work environment, hours seemed ridiculous for the pay.

Worked for TransPerfect? Contribute to the Community!