TransPerfect Project Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a fifteen minute phone interview and was then asked to complete an assessment. After passing the assessment, I was asked to come in to speak with the managers that I'd be working for. The interview lasted about forty-five minutes. After the interview, I was asked to complete a second assessment, similar to the first one. Upon completing it, I was asked to speak with the director of the division I'd be working in. Both interviews were very conversational and everybody was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Why TransPerfect? What's an example of a time when you had to go above and beyond to complete a project?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TransPerfect

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The first interview was on the phone, pretty basic, no real curveballs. I was then given a two section, two hour test administered via email. They gave me two pairs of documents and had to find the discrepancies between them. The first two were both in english, and was looking for spelling, grammatical, and structure differences. The second tow had one in english, and one in swedish. With this, they asked for structure differences between the two. It was all easier than it sounds

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions-- nothing too special   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview

At the beginning, the interview process was great. Had an initial phone interview and it followed with a test. After you passed the test you set up an in person interview. After traveling a long way to their location, I met with another human resources consultant then was told that i would be meeting the manager i could potentially work with. After that interview, i walked out knowing that i would not receive a job offer due to her negative personality.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. The interviewer was very friendly, but asked typical interview questions just to get an answer. He didn't ask many followup questions which suggested he was not listening to what I was saying. I got in for the second round of in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why transperfect? Can you give an example of a time you had tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview

I went to a career fair at my university and expressed interest in their company. Shortly afterwards, I was invited to attend a mixer held the night of the career fair. I was later invited back for another mixer. I gave several people my resume and I received a short phone call from Nathan Plaksin, after which I was given a diagnostic test. The test wasn't hard, just tedious. You don't really need a lot of skill, you just need to have an eye for attention and detail. I then had another interview with Department Manager Pat Volpe.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very basic and general. Why TransPerfect? What is your interest in the company? Would you like to move to NYC? Nothing too hard or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Their hiring/interview process was painstakingly long and unorganized, with no regard to responding within the set timelines. Two (2) months after having submitted my application (10/14), I received their initial response of interest (12/14), at which time they strung me along for a period of 2 months, with emails that wouldn't get answered, phone calls that kept getting delayed, and interviews that kept getting rescheduled. Finally, after 2 months had passed, I was scheduled for an interview (2/15). After what I thought was an awesome interview, that lasted 3 hours, with casual a discussion/question segment and personal tour of the department that followed the formal interview, I went home in high spirits, awaiting their response, which I was promised to received within 2 weeks max....I'm still waiting for that response

Interview Questions

• Assuming you are hired for this position, where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview...the guy was reluctant to answer any specific questions. I understand the industry very well having held leadership positions previously so my conclusions were that either 1) He didn't know his own industry or 2) He didn't want me to know what I might be getting myself into.

Project Coordinator Interview

Interview

Phone interview was brief, basic quesions about yourself and whether or not you are interested in the Project Coordinator position, nothing out of the ordinary. Afterwards they typically send an editing assessment assignment.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview

My first contact as with a representative at my college fair. 6 months later I was contact by them saying that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. Once the time of the interview came along they forgot to call me and then ignore all my emails. Awful experience.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransPerfect.

Interview

Phone interview, then an in-home 2-hour "final eye" test for formatting and grammatical errors. After passing the test, they asked for an in-person interview in their Manhattan office where I was then asked to take another 1-hour test similar to the first. After the test, I met with the specific department heads I would be working with if offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions seemed like general interview questions. They really focused on how I would fit in the fast-paced environment of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is fixed, with a small increase after training. They give this information during the phone interview. Negotiating the start date seemed possible.