TransUnion Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.7

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TransUnion in September 2014.

Applied on their portal. Got a call from HR for a phone screen for 30mins, discussed some basic situational questions.later called for a 3 rounds of face2face at their HQ Chicago downtown. Basic pay with lots of expectations.

Interview Questions
    • all the questions were basic but their expectations are real high for a basic analyst position. being a graduate student I found it stupid   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TransUnion.

Applied online. 2 phone rounds (each half-hour) followed by an on-site round. All of them were a mix of behavioral and technical. I am an RCG, hence it was more emphasized at my resume, talking about my projects and internships. Some questions would be more directly technical. Just be strong in the basics and know what's on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected at all. Be strong on what's on your resume and get ready to even chat on technologies that's in there.   View Answer
    I had another offer and my negotiation was based on bettering that offer. In the end I was able to hike my base pay by 7%.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TransUnion.

Normal process: Phone interview, in person interview, offer! Enjoyed everyone I met.

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TransUnion in April 2014.

Initial phone interview was 1/2 hour and questions asked were expected. Followed closely by an hour phone interview with hiring manager. Went to office for in-person interview with hiring manager, 2 senior managers and VP. Environment seemed fast paced, but reasonable. Everyone is in a cubicle. Unfortunately, there was no follow through after the interview. I reached out to the recruiter several times and heard nothing. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't seem to really know what they were looking for, so questions were mainly focused on resume and not the open position.   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TransUnion.

Got invited to a career fair at their Chicago office. Had a face to face where they asked basic behavioral questions...nothing technical

I did not negotiate...I should have.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at TransUnion in February 2014.

Applied online and then received an email to interview for a few positions. Had some trouble reaching the recruiter to coordinate a date to come in, had to be persistent. Did not really have an idea what to expect from the interviews, but were all very different. One technical, one more personal, and one behavioral.

Interview Questions
    Recommend clearly stating your interest in the position.

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TransUnion in January 2014.

Applied through my college's career services website. Received a phone screen, then went into their offices for an hour interview with two current employees. Very friendly interview, not too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Easy interview, what's the most intriguing thing you learned recently?   Answer Question

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TransUnion in June 2013.

Got a call from HR as he saw my profile in Linkedin.Phone Screening.F2F interview set up.5 rounds of technical and management questions.Got offer in a week's time. HR was very polite and cordial.

Senior Director of Insurance Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TransUnion in May 2013.

Was contacted by HR based upon L!nked Profile. Spoke to Senior Director at TransUnion for first screening interview. After a few days was referred to Director of Insurance Analytics for a more technical interview. i was then flow out to interview with the team in Chicago. I met many member of the group and Group Vice President of Analytics. Each session was about an hour long and ranged from technical questions to my experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked different brain teasers and random statistical questions. Tell me about some non-normal distributions.   View Answer

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TransUnion in May 2013.

Hiring manager called for a phone screen first which was 1 hr long . some technical questions and some questions about past projects. Was called for an onsite interview with the hiring manager and the Director. Asked some technical questions and discussed career aspirations

I negotiated and got what I was expecting