TransUnion Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.9

Accounting Analyst II – Asset Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TransUnion.

I initially applied on LinkedIn. I was then contacted by the HR department. I had a phone screening asking various questions about my background. I was later contacted again to set up my onsite interview. I met with a manager and then a department head. I was later contacted for a second onsite interview with a senior team member.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TransUnion.

I did the application online and actually was referred by a former employee. I got set up with an interview shortly after and it went very well. The people that interviewed me were very nice and wanted to know more about my experience and whether I felt I'd be a fit for the team. They seemed to be focused more on personality than actual work ethic and skills but it still was a good interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that drives you in the workforce?   View Answer

Development Interview

First I had the recruiter phone screen, it was followed by a technical phone screen and finally an onsite interview panel. Interviewers were friendly, and had good communication. The onsite took an whole afternoon. They let me ask many questions, and I felt they were candid and honest in their answers. There were some technical and some behavioral questions. Some questions were weird and I could tell there was no right or wrong answer, there may have been a stupid answer though.

Interview Questions
    • From your current certification, what is one principle you will apply in your next job and expect to fail at it?   View Answer
    Not bad. The offer was good, and I asked for some more. I guess they liked me enough to accept it.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TransUnion.

There was only one interview with the hiring supervisor but I cannot recall specific information since the interview was done several years ago. After that the HR agent contacted me with a job offer. I went back to fill out the paperwork and started training the following week.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions. They were pretty much the basic questions asked in a interview.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at TransUnion.

Very comprehensive process that begins with HR Selection Team, moves to immediate supervisor, and then includes business leaders/ cross-functional team leads, and the supervisor's manager. The process used for this role does much to help the candidate understand the vision, challenges, and the team better. A great deal of time is invested in the selection process because they value their people and seek the best fit.

Explore the website to learn more about current innovations and the up-to-date business focus.

Interview Questions
    • - Know your achievements and the return-on-investment that came from your results   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TransUnion in January 2015.

I was hired and on boarded pretty quickly which was great. One HR screen. Phone interview with hiring manager. In-person interviews with four people the week after my conversation with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • You're asked to perform a task you've never done before, what do you do?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TransUnion.

I was contacted via a recruiter who set up a phone screen. After speaking with her, I then was scheduled to speak to the GM of the local office. He was looking for very specific skills rather than work experience. I ended up getting invited to do in person interviews. In total, I did six 30-45 min 1:1 interviews that day. I then came back a week later for another interview with my potential supervisors. Despite the excessive amount of interviews, I did like the position and the people I met. All were mostly genuine and interesting. I was asked to do two business case interviews- much different than I was used to and nerve wracking.

Interview Questions

The office would have been nearly an hour commute. I was also given a salary range from the initial recruiter but offered a salary slightly below the range. I'm sure it was a negotiating technique but it seemed a bit shady and misleading.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TransUnion.

I applied online through a job site and recruiter contacted me for the phone screen within 2 days. The process was really fast and onsite interview invitation was sent to me on the very next day! I had three rounds of interview with different members of the team. Questions were mostly based on my past experience and what I can offer to the role, it was an interactive interview experience. The process was really systematic and friendly! I will recommend Trans Union to others as they offer great candidate experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle deadline if something was given to you at the end of the day?   Answer Question
    The offered as I expected

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at TransUnion.

Applied from job sites and then was contacted by HR in email and then on phone. Was scheduled for 1st technical round over phone and then 2nd face to face round with a panel of 4. Each member interviewed one on one for half hour

Interview Questions
    • You are in a mall. Tell how many coins are there in total in the mall   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TransUnion in October 2014.

I got a call from the Recruiter first and then she setup a 4 person interview which lasted 3 hours.It was with 3 other managers (including my direct hiring manager) and an analyst.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were Array related questions and other questions to assess someones personality, strength type questions. Also be prepared to answer things you did/didnt like about your management.   View Answer