TransUnion

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.8

Senior Director Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at TransUnion.

Applied via a posting on LinkedIn. Phone interview and then in person interview. Extremely nice and professional folks there. The ONLY issue I see is that their short term disability policy is very very outdated. It provides for only 36% of salary, after a year, when most companies are at 75%. This means there is essentially no support for 0-8 year employees to have children and if you get hurt, you have no salary. They really need to fix this to be competitive in the market.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - very straight forward as to how your background and skills would fit their needs.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at TransUnion.

I applied online through a job site and recruiter contacted me for the phone screen within 2 days. The process was really fast and onsite interview invitation was sent to me on the very next day! I had three rounds of interview with different members of the team. Questions were mostly based on my past experience and what I can offer to the role, it was an interactive interview experience. The process was really systematic and friendly! I will recommend Trans Union to others as they offer great candidate experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle deadline if something was given to you at the end of the day?   Answer Question
    The offered as I expected

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at TransUnion.

Applied from job sites and then was contacted by HR in email and then on phone. Was scheduled for 1st technical round over phone and then 2nd face to face round with a panel of 4. Each member interviewed one on one for half hour

Interview Questions
    • You are in a mall. Tell how many coins are there in total in the mall   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TransUnion in October 2014.

I got a call from the Recruiter first and then she setup a 4 person interview which lasted 3 hours.It was with 3 other managers (including my direct hiring manager) and an analyst.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were Array related questions and other questions to assess someones personality, strength type questions. Also be prepared to answer things you did/didnt like about your management.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Olmsted, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Olmsted, OH

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at TransUnion.

I started as a CSR III and worked my way up to CSR I over a 10 year period. At that time it was nice to work for especially at the call center. It was easy to get hired as I had the typing skills for the position.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TransUnion in September 2014.

I applied online via TransUnion.com and I was contacted within 2 weeks by a recruiter for an initial telephone interview with HR. I was then moved along in the process and had a phone interview with a Sr. Director, followed by an in-person interview. My interview at the local office lasted about 4 hours, and I met with 7 people. The questions were a mix of behavioral questions, a case question, and a job-related role-play/skill test. Everyone I met with was very professional and friendly, but not stodgy. You could definitely tell that the people I met with were very intelligent passionate about their work, and I felt during the interview process that I would like working with that team.

Overall, the process took about 4 weeks including offer and negotiation, and HR followed-up promptly every step of the way. The resulting salary offer was very good, and new employees have generous PTO compared to other places I interviewed. Benefits are average, and the company does strive for work life balance at all level, and is starting to implement limited telework. They were also very flexible setting my start date since I needed about a month to transition my prior job to another manager.

Interview Questions
    • Overall the interview wasn't very difficult, but I did have to convince the team that I could adapt from being a program manager over huge enterprise IT projects in a huge organization, to becoming a product manager in a mid-size company in a business unit with more of a maturing start-up culture.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was very straight forward and took about a week. Best advice I can give is to know your value in the market and be prepared to back it up.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TransUnion in September 2014.

Had 3 interviews with the company. 2 phones interviews followed by in person interview. Environment looks nice, their office has just been renovated. Interviews were fairly quick and easy asking mostly about resume and basic programming questions.

Business Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TransUnion in September 2014.

Applied on their portal. Got a call from HR for a phone screen for 30mins, discussed some basic situational questions.later called for a 3 rounds of face2face at their HQ Chicago downtown. Basic pay with lots of expectations.

Interview Questions
    • all the questions were basic but their expectations are real high for a basic analyst position. being a graduate student I found it stupid   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TransUnion.

Applied online. 2 phone rounds (each half-hour) followed by an on-site round. All of them were a mix of behavioral and technical. I am an RCG, hence it was more emphasized at my resume, talking about my projects and internships. Some questions would be more directly technical. Just be strong in the basics and know what's on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected at all. Be strong on what's on your resume and get ready to even chat on technologies that's in there.   View Answer
    I had another offer and my negotiation was based on bettering that offer. In the end I was able to hike my base pay by 7%.

Senior Statistical Analyst Interview

Send the application through their website. Got an email from HR a week later to set up a phone screening interview. It runs for about 20 minutes and some general questions about your background