Transaction Network Services Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2014
Updated Apr 2, 2014

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in February 2012.

I was asked several questions on linux and windows. Fair questions meant to figure out how well versed I was with these two platforms.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would go about testing a car.   View Answer
    • Is it possible to test all by automation?   View Answer
    • What unix command can you use to list running processes?   View Answer
    • What commands would you use to display the last 50 lines of a rapidly changing log file?   View Answer

Commute was too far for me and company was being acquired by some other company.

Technical Director of POS Development Interview

bad

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in September 2009.

The hiring process was fairly simple. I had two interviews and when I came for the second they were already prepared to hire me and offered me more than I asked for. I had no previous NOC experience. The interview questions were mainly about circuits, testing, ip and payment solutions and SS7.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question for me was when they asked about circuit testing and I thought they meant circuit boards.. They were actually talking about TDM circuits.   Answer Question
    I asked for 5k more than I was making at my previous job and was offered 7K more. From what I hear they offering new hires a lot less these days.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olympia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in May 2008.

After telephonic interview they call for in person interview. Group people ask questions in both technical and nontechnical areas.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in June 2011.

Normal hiring process

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know the OSI model and its protocols? Give examples of your experience working with OSI.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Horsham, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in June 2010.

I received a call from their recruiter who had found my résumé on Monster.com and was asked to complete a mini-phone interview on the spot, and whether or not I could interview an hour and a half away the next day. I interviewed with two members who would have been on my team, and the person who would be my boss's boss. The first two people had standard interview questions; the team leader basically asked me why I wanted to work there in between sending text messages.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Transaction Network Services.

Hiring process was pretty straight forward. I had a couple of calls from my potential boss, covered the basics - where I had been working, general experience to date questions. Then got called in for a face to face interview, had one manager in Dublin and another one on video call at the same time. No surprise questions, went over my experience again, went through the job. Nothing unusual in the interview, then again I was applying for a fairly junior role (a couple of years out of college).

Interview Questions
    • Examples of projects where you coded in the past. What technologies used.   Answer Question

Software Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in October 2010.

Interview + technical tests

Interview Questions
    • Gave a class diagram and asked to write code for one class from the class diagram.   View Answer

Worked for Transaction Network Services? Contribute to the Community!