Transaction Network Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was asked several questions on linux and windows. Fair questions meant to figure out how well versed I was with these two platforms.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would go about testing a car.   View Answer
  • Is it possible to test all by automation?   View Answer
  • What unix command can you use to list running processes?   View Answer
  • What commands would you use to display the last 50 lines of a rapidly changing log file?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Commute was too far for me and company was being acquired by some other company.

Technical Director of POS Development Interview

Technical Director of POS Development

Interviewed at Transaction Network Services

Interview Details – bad

Interview Question – why are you looking for job   Answer Question

NOC Technician Interview

NOC Technician
Reston, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in September 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly simple. I had two interviews and when I came for the second they were already prepared to hire me and offered me more than I asked for. I had no previous NOC experience. The interview questions were mainly about circuits, testing, ip and payment solutions and SS7.

Interview Question – The hardest question for me was when they asked about circuit testing and I thought they meant circuit boards.. They were actually talking about TDM circuits.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for 5k more than I was making at my previous job and was offered 7K more. From what I hear they offering new hires a lot less these days.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Software Engineer IV
Olympia, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in May 2008.

Interview Details – After telephonic interview they call for in person interview. Group people ask questions in both technical and nontechnical areas.

Interview Question – Puzzles   View Answer

Security Analyst Interview

Security Analyst
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in June 2011.

Interview Details – Normal hiring process

Interview Question – How well do you know the OSI model and its protocols? Give examples of your experience working with OSI.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Horsham, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in June 2010.

Interview Details – I received a call from their recruiter who had found my résumé on Monster.com and was asked to complete a mini-phone interview on the spot, and whether or not I could interview an hour and a half away the next day. I interviewed with two members who would have been on my team, and the person who would be my boss's boss. The first two people had standard interview questions; the team leader basically asked me why I wanted to work there in between sending text messages.

Interview Questions

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Transaction Network Services.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty straight forward. I had a couple of calls from my potential boss, covered the basics - where I had been working, general experience to date questions. Then got called in for a face to face interview, had one manager in Dublin and another one on video call at the same time. No surprise questions, went over my experience again, went through the job. Nothing unusual in the interview, then again I was applying for a fairly junior role (a couple of years out of college).

Interview Question – Examples of projects where you coded in the past. What technologies used.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Software

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Transaction Network Services in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview + technical tests

Interview Question – Gave a class diagram and asked to write code for one class from the class diagram.   View Answer

Worked for Transaction Network Services? Contribute to the Community!