Transamerica Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.4

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Transamerica (Torrance, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a one on one with a lady who never indicated her role or position, she did have her own office, but no business card. Attempts to acquire straight answers ( I have been in the business 30 years and she said she has been doing insurance for 10 years) was impossible. Vague, evasive, hyperbolic, circular.

Interview Questions

• Basically do you fog a mirror! Stupid and desperate with time and cash!!   1 Answer
    • Asked me to come back to a "cattle call" or Open House for a presentation on an evening.   1 Answer

My due diligence indicated the ethics, corporate culture, and credibility and legitimacy of this "opportunity" was very low to nonexistent.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Transamerica (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I heard that their new office was hiring from my university so I went to check it out via a recommendation. I got an interview pretty quickly and it was not what I expected at all. It became very obvious to me that they were a pyramid scheme. They offered an extremely flexible schedule, ridiculous "estimated" pay of at least 50K a year, and I needed zero prior experience and I was basically hired on the spot. There was a very high emphasis placed on salary, as opposed to actually enjoying the job itself. Other workers in the office were even flaunting their salaries to me while I interviewed, too. Very unprofessional and a complete turn off to the company.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

there was a pre-screen with HR, then a computer pre-screen that had to be completed prior to the interview being scheduled. The interview was behavioral question driven with the Sr manager and her 5 direct manager reports. The sr manager and 2 others were more than 10 minutes late for the interview start.

Interview Questions

• have you ever not gotten along with someone, what did you do to correct it?   1 Answer

Supervisor, New Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Transamerica (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from HR to schedule a phone interview two weeks later. After a few generic questions regarding my resume via the phone interview, I was asked to complete an online assessment and scheduled an in person interview a week later. The interview took place at their main office with a panel of 8 people (2 via teleconference).

Interview Questions

• What's one word your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Transamerica Response

Jun 3, 2015Human Resources Transamerica

Thank you for your feedback; we're glad you had the opportunity to meet with several members of our hiring team and wish you the best in your career search.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

Applied online. After about half a month, I was told to schedule an phone interview and 3 phone interviews in one week. HR is nice and any email were replied very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example you use excel. Give me an example which can illustrate you are a good programmer.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Transamerica (Plano, TX).

Interview

HR found my resume on Monster.com and contacted me about the position. The HR interview process was phone based and to stage applicants. Then there was a three stage interview with hiring manager, their boss, and a peer to the job I applied for. Drug screen and background checks were mandatory.

Interview Questions

• Describe your product management experience indicating how you improved the program and how you reduced costs.   Answer Question

Tax Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

Phone interview was positive. I followed up with HR on the job and they said they did not know where the hiring manager was in the hiring process. They made no effort to find out. My resume was then withdrawn and the job reposted. Very unprofessional behavior by a company I expected to be comprised of professionals.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Transamerica.

Interview

I had applied through the university and was called for an on-site interview at Dallas, TX. There were a team who interviewed me with a few people who were in audio conferencing and everyone had a few questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions included basic understanding of OOP concepts and Java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Transamerica (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a three step process 1st was very conversational and relaxed. 2nd was a presentation that they do for there clients and potential empoyees. 3rd is to go more in depth with costs for licences that totals around $900. you dont need to get all licences right away and they reinburse you once you work for them.

Interview Questions

• What did you like most about your old job?
      what did you dislike?
      What do you look for in a company?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Transamerica (Youngstown, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

After talking to them at a job fair, I was asked to attend a "networking" event where they went over their company and other things about the few jobs they had to offer. They then set up an interview for me to come in within 48 hours so any questions I had were fresh in my mind. The interview only took 20 minutes and they said they would call me and never did.