Transfield Services Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Transfield Services.

I was notified of the position through a recruitment agency. The interview was done over two meetings. First was informal and we just got to know each other.
    Second Interview was more technical.
    At the time I already had an offer from another company (university), this made the decision hard. However Transfield Services did raise the offer once they found out I am applying for another roll. They understood the magnitude of the decision I had to make and was patient.

Interview Questions
    • If there is conflict between you and a coworker, how would it affect your work?   Answer Question
    There was counter offers made after I explained that the university offered me a similar role with better entitlements.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Transfield Services in March 2011.

Employed by employment agency and worked in the stores, then was placed in above position.

I was offered a contract for the permanent position after three months. (No interview)

Technician Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Transfield Services in October 2012.

Greet, paper work submit, dexterity test and eye sight colour test, standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Told about pay restructure in near future but no information on change told as none existed.   View Answer
    askfor full details and scenarios to cover situations

Recruitment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Transfield Services in March 2010.

Reviewed by two recruiters (interviewing for recruitment team). Questions were professional and challenging to answer. Not difficult, but really made me think about my experience and come up with examples.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult manager. What was the situation? How did you handle it?   View Answer
    Negotiation phase was easy. I gave them my expected salary and they came back to me the next day with a reasonable counter.

Patrol Maintenance Technician Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Transfield Services.

Interview was not on time. Interview room was uncomfortable (i.e. small and with no windows). Manager appeared to be rushing the interview and appeared to be tense. Questions asked were mainly the typical stock interview questions. Scenario questions asked were too open-ended. The rest of panel did not ask questions.

Interview Questions

Position was not in the location for which I applied.

Human Resources Interview

Initial application through website; contacted by phone to arrange testing. Testing conducted via internet, instructions provided included making sure you were in a quiet place without interruptions; approximate time frame of 1 hour to complete. Testing included verbal reasoning, maths/analysis, personality testing. Following testing, company followed up by phone within 3 days with an invitation to initial interview. Prior to interview, had to complete (at the office) a hard copy form of most of the information already provided in the original application. Interview was conducted by a Recruiter and the current incumbent of the role. At the end of the interview, information was provided as to the timeframe for next steps and what these steps would be. Overall impression of the process was that it was smooth and well run, good service level with no long delays, reasons for changes in process were communicated openly and honestly, offices were professional and staff courteous.

The main limitation of the interview was that it was entirely HR focussed, understandable given it was an HR job, however I did not have an HR background and this was clear in my resume. Consequently, being asked questions with the precursor "Only considering your HR experience how did you......" was extremely limiting as it was difficult to bring into play within the interview, experience from other positions, including the skills and abilities that I saw as being directly relevant despite not being HR based. I had assumed that the initial screeners had also seen these skills as being relevant, otherwise why bother interview me. Consequently, my overall impression was that the recruiter was limited in her ability to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Only considering your HR experience, explain how you prioritise your work.   View Answer

Worked for Transfield Services? Contribute to the Community!