Transfield Services Interview Questions

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Transfield Services (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

I was notified of the position through a recruitment agency. The interview was done over two meetings. First was informal and we just got to know each other.
    Second Interview was more technical.
    At the time I already had an offer from another company (university), this made the decision hard. However Transfield Services did raise the offer once they found out I am applying for another roll. They understood the magnitude of the decision I had to make and was patient.

Interview Questions

• If there is conflict between you and a coworker, how would it affect your work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was counter offers made after I explained that the university offered me a similar role with better entitlements.

Patrol Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Transfield Services.

Interview

Interview was not on time. Interview room was uncomfortable (i.e. small and with no windows). Manager appeared to be rushing the interview and appeared to be tense. Questions asked were mainly the typical stock interview questions. Scenario questions asked were too open-ended. The rest of panel did not ask questions.

Interview Questions

Position was not in the location for which I applied.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Transfield Services in October 2012.

Interview

Greet, paper work submit, dexterity test and eye sight colour test, standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Told about pay restructure in near future but no information on change told as none existed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

askfor full details and scenarios to cover situations

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Transfield Services in March 2010.

Interview

Initial application through website; contacted by phone to arrange testing. Testing conducted via internet, instructions provided included making sure you were in a quiet place without interruptions; approximate time frame of 1 hour to complete. Testing included verbal reasoning, maths/analysis, personality testing. Following testing, company followed up by phone within 3 days with an invitation to initial interview. Prior to interview, had to complete (at the office) a hard copy form of most of the information already provided in the original application. Interview was conducted by a Recruiter and the current incumbent of the role. At the end of the interview, information was provided as to the timeframe for next steps and what these steps would be. Overall impression of the process was that it was smooth and well run, good service level with no long delays, reasons for changes in process were communicated openly and honestly, offices were professional and staff courteous.

The main limitation of the interview was that it was entirely HR focussed, understandable given it was an HR job, however I did not have an HR background and this was clear in my resume. Consequently, being asked questions with the precursor "Only considering your HR experience how did you......" was extremely limiting as it was difficult to bring into play within the interview, experience from other positions, including the skills and abilities that I saw as being directly relevant despite not being HR based. I had assumed that the initial screeners had also seen these skills as being relevant, otherwise why bother interview me. Consequently, my overall impression was that the recruiter was limited in her ability to interview.

Interview Questions

• Only considering your HR experience, explain how you prioritise your work.   1 Answer

Recruitment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Transfield Services (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in March 2010.

Interview

Reviewed by two recruiters (interviewing for recruitment team). Questions were professional and challenging to answer. Not difficult, but really made me think about my experience and come up with examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult manager. What was the situation? How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was easy. I gave them my expected salary and they came back to me the next day with a reasonable counter.