Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling

Unclaimed Profile

Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling Interview Questions

2.3

Controls Engineer Interview

Interview

HR is horrible. I had to fight to get passed HR as they have such a high turn over. I originally had a network contact with my future boss and dealing with HR delayed my hiring for 9 months. Be careful who you interview with. There are some supervisors who are cool and some who are just there to make sure you know you know nothing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Coming from college, I was just happy to get a job.

Marine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling (Houston, TX).

Interview

Simple phone interview. Flew me to Houston for an over the counter 1 on 1 interview and health screening. Very easy. Not much else to describe here.

Interview Questions

• Simple over the counter personable interview. No technical questions asked. Simply questioned about past employment and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Roustabout Interview

Interview

Interview was informal. Once you're hired, they do not care who or what you are, as long as you're out of their hair

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

It was great...they made me feel real comfortable, I spoke with many people there and even went to lunch and visit with people in that department. They called me to follow up during my hiring process the pay is great and the benifits are amazing. I wish I would have started working for this company years ago.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about how to handle a crisis...   1 Answer

Negotiation

good and fast

Third Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling in August 2011.

Interview

After I had filled out a a basic online job application for an open position online I was contacted by a current employee of the company via telephone. I was given the telephone number of a Transocean recruiter out of their Houston. I tried to contact him over the course of the following month, however I could never contact him. I left countless messages on the phone, but never got a response. I had all but given up on pursuing a job with the company. About two months later I received a call from the same recruiter I had been attempting to contact. After a few basic questions over the phone I was invited to fly to Houston to complete the hiring process. Aside from a short meeting with a mid level manager in the office there was no formal interview. No personality inquiries or technical questions. The paperwork process took about a day. There was also a physical fitness assessment and physical. Once all of the formalities are squared away there is a brief training period for all newly hired offshore based personnel where company safety policies and safe work practices are reviewed.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Misleading.

Interview Questions

• Can you work from home when you are not on international travel for company business?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

3 rounds.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much wiggle room. They come in on the high end to start with.

FITTER/WELDER Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling in January 2013.

Interview

sometimes they are interviewing applicant oral interview but something thru internet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offer me to work to that particular company.

Third Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling in December 2011.

Interview

Essentially there is no formal "interview" process for people looking to work offshore on one of Transocean's deepwater drilling rigs. If you receive a phone call from a recruiter, it means that you will likely be hired. However, there is a 3 day preemployment process. It involves a physical, health fitness assessment and preemployment session in Houston, TX.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They tell you what you will be paid.

Operation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Transocean Offshore Deepwater Drilling in January 2011.

Interview

exam,group disscusion ,interview