Transport Corporation of America

Updated Jun 24, 2014

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Transport Corporation of America

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Transport Corporation of America.

I was given a phone interview, followed by a in person interview. A job offer was given a few days later. It came to my attention later on that anybody given an in person interview typically gets a job offer due to them having a position open year long

They gave me everything I had asked for on my application

OTR Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Transport Corporation of America.

They did background check and set me up for orientation

Interview Questions
    They have a set rate of cpm dependent on your experience

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Transport Corporation of America in March 2012.

The hiring and interview process was awesome. All individuals from the recruiter to the office manager at orientation to the trainig staff were totally knowledgeable and fuuly capable of handling all functions concerning the intake .Filling out the forms was simple and smooth. Classroom training was effective, on schedule, and interesting. I enjoyed my time there and wish them all the best.

Interview Questions
    • Personally, my most difficult situation was that I had an overweight ticket that had not been taken care of by an previous employer which left me with an suspended liscense in the state of Indiana, which just happened to be where orientation was being held. They gave me the space to l;et me get that handled without interference or judgement and I am working here to this day. Most others would just have shown you the door.   View Answer
    Not very much negotiation.

OTR Driver Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Transport Corporation of America in July 2009.

The recruiter, Susan Paradise, was an absolute blast to talk with. If I had a question, I got an answere. The only REAL hick-up was that I was not informed that I would be required to go into Canada if freight warrented it. This should be something that is on their web site as well as brought up in first interview. I only hope that the actual driving experience and orientation goes as well as talking to Susan.

Interview Questions
    Really no negotiations. The pay scale is set. The running area is set. The only decision one has to make is whether he/she wants a job with their criteria.