Transport Corporation of America

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Transport Corporation of America.

Interview Details – I was given a phone interview, followed by a in person interview. A job offer was given a few days later. It came to my attention later on that anybody given an in person interview typically gets a job offer due to them having a position open year long

Negotiation Details – They gave me everything I had asked for on my application

OTR Driver Interview

OTR Driver

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Transport Corporation of America.

Interview Details – They did background check and set me up for orientation

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a set rate of cpm dependent on your experience

Very Easy Interview

Truck Driver Interview

Truck Driver
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Transport Corporation of America in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was awesome. All individuals from the recruiter to the office manager at orientation to the trainig staff were totally knowledgeable and fuuly capable of handling all functions concerning the intake .Filling out the forms was simple and smooth. Classroom training was effective, on schedule, and interesting. I enjoyed my time there and wish them all the best.

Interview Question – Personally, my most difficult situation was that I had an overweight ticket that had not been taken care of by an previous employer which left me with an suspended liscense in the state of Indiana, which just happened to be where orientation was being held. They gave me the space to l;et me get that handled without interference or judgement and I am working here to this day. Most others would just have shown you the door.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not very much negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

OTR Driver Interview

OTR Driver

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Transport Corporation of America in July 2009.

Interview Details – The recruiter, Susan Paradise, was an absolute blast to talk with. If I had a question, I got an answere. The only REAL hick-up was that I was not informed that I would be required to go into Canada if freight warrented it. This should be something that is on their web site as well as brought up in first interview. I only hope that the actual driving experience and orientation goes as well as talking to Susan.

Interview Question – You know you will be going into Canada, right?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really no negotiations. The pay scale is set. The running area is set. The only decision one has to make is whether he/she wants a job with their criteria.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Transport Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Transport Corporation of America interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Transport Corporation of America employees and interview candidates.