Transworld Systems

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vienna, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Transworld Systems in February 2014.

Interview Details – I went in for the "Interview" when I got there I was told to go into conference room with 6 other applicants, we sat there and watched video's and asked questions for 1H:20 mins then they proceeded to break into individual interviews, I left after an hour of the presentation because I had another appointment. I was not aware I was going to a career fair type setting otherwise I would not have went it was kind of a waste of my time.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Edison, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at Transworld Systems.

Interview Details – There's usually a first interview which is really an information session where they explain the company, the products and the compensation plan to a small group of people at once so they don't have to explain it over and over to a lot of people. Then 2nd interviews are set up for those that are interested in pursuing the opportunity further. There's no pressure whatsoever, management realizes that not everyone is cut out to be self-employed. they are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial attitude.

Interview Question – The questions are mostly about work-ethic because that's the true indicator of success at Transworld. You may be asked to discuss how you overcame an obstacle in your life or how you persisted at something difficult. Other attributes like former experience, education etc are interesting to talk about to get to know someone, but there's no correlation between experience/education and how successful someone will be at Transworld. There are successful people who didn't go to college and there are those with advanced degrees who did not do well and left.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really isn't room to negotiate. The company has a written pay structure and you get paid commission on your sales.

Street Sales Interview

Street Sales
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Transworld Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview/interviews totally by cell or skype. No real training, pretty basic go see people, typical numbers game; burn your own $3.49 gas and print off all pos . . . pos off a lot of people. Seems to be a pretty straight commission, opportunity for single young person with lots of time, but doubt the time = $$$.

Interview Question – Same old stuff, nothing challenging; very very old school sales mentality.   Answer Question

Account Consultant Interview

Account Consultant

Interviewed at Transworld Systems

Interview Details – I was contacted via email to set up an interview with Transworld. I set up an appointment and went to their Indianapolis office only to find out that it was a presentation about why I should set up a one-on-one interview. The position was very much more sales oriented than I expected. The whole process was very off-putting and I did not pursue it any further

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Transworld Systems.

Interview Details – The initial interview was more of a sales presentation. It was a group setting of about 10 potential candidates. The recruiter outlined the job as a sales opportunity were you can make as much or as little as you want to. After the presentation the recruiter wants you to think about the opportunity and email him the following day if you are actually interested in continuing the process.

Interview Question – Initial interview there are no questions asked of you. You just watch a presentation.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Commission based job no base pay

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Transworld Systems in August 2009.

Interview Details – It is a traditional interview process

Interview Question – This is a commission only job, are you ok with that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't have to put out any money to get started. They wanted me to pay $200 for my starter kit.

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Transworld Systems in August 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview isn't really an interview. It's a sales pitch on why YOU should quit your current job and become self-employed for Transworld. That's right-- self employed. Our "district manager" who gave us the sales pitch admitted himself that he was self employed. Typical used car salesman techniques. High pressure - wants quick commitment. "Cal me back by noon tomorrow if you want to schedule a second interview". I smell a MLM scam.

Interview Question – I was surprised that there were no questions at all.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Cleveland, OH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Transworld Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – I met a lot of nice people during the group interview. The manager presented to the group and then interviewed us individually. We were brought back in for a second interview a few days later if he liked us. The office was small but clean. The manager has been with the company for a long time. He asked very basic questins. The current employees seemed happy enough to be there and were very welcoming without being overbearing.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Good company just not the right fit for me.

Sales Representatives Interview

Sales Representatives
Vienna, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at Transworld Systems in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of 2 parts, the first was a presentation and the second was a 1-on-1 interview. The presentation was to give an overview of what the position entails and the compensation procedure. However, after being through the presentation, I learned that it is all commission based and and there are no benefits. Thus, you have to cover your own medical, dental and 401k plans which I was ready to do.

Interview Question – Are outgoing and more than willing to cold call?   Answer Question

Collector Interview

Collector
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Transworld Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – The HR contact was professional and organized. The manager I had my first interview with spent the first 45 minutes talking about himself. I have never had an interview like it. He asked me a few of the typical "interview" type questions and quickly explained the incentive plan structure. The full interview was nearly one and a half hours long. My second interview was with the Assistant Manager who was much more professional and a much better interviewer. I was told to contact them on Friday if I didn't hear anything. I sent an email to the Branch Manager to check the status (this was 10 days ago) and have yet to hear from him or the HR representative.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time you were taken advantage of.   Answer Question

Worked for Transworld Systems? Contribute to the Community!