TranzAct Technologies

Candidate Interview Review

Junior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmhurst, IL

I applied online – interviewed at TranzAct Technologies in December 2014.

The position was posted on Dice.com. I applied and was gotten back to in 2 days time. After that, I set up an interview to go in and talk with Skyler and Linda.

Interview was really just Linda (HR Head) filling me in on the company, what they do, and a few other things.

Skyler, head DBA took over and talked to me a little bit. Went over what I majored in in school, my knowledge, and informed me that they run the SAP db with SQL Server as a side. Went over Prod and Dev environment and what I would be doing with the position. Mostly creating rules and such.

It was a VERY quick interview. I was then told to fill out three pages of questions. One in C#, one in Database/SQL, and one in Networking.

Interview Questions
    • They give you 3 Tables and ID/CustomerID is Primary Key. They ask for you to do joins between the tables, mostly just Inners, if memory serves.   Answer Question
    • The c# They ask you to make a method that will write all files on the c:\ drive (recursively)   Answer Question