Travelers Companies

Travelers Companies Account Executive Interview Questions

3.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2013.

The process has been very smooth and the corporate recruiter makes an effort to keep you up to dfate on the progress. The first round is a phone call with the recruiter. Depending on how that goes, there is etiher a another round of phone interviews with the hiring tema or they ask you go on an on-site internview if they are very interested. After the round robin interview with 5 managers, there was a third round with a high level executive who really just wants to get to know you. The technical aspect is done with the hiring manager and other managers.

Interview Questions
  • Many technical questions during the second round of interviews. Mostly how would you handle an account questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2013.

People seemed very nice and interested. I interviewed with the recruiter online (20 minutes) and was asked to submit the background check application. Next was asked to do live interview--proceeded to meet with 3 different departmental heads in individual interviews (all same day). Again, they seemed interested and I was looking forward to their call offering me the job. I was told they would contact me within a week (either way--decline or offer) but never heard back. They never pulled the background check either.

Interview Questions
    • Example of interview question is "Give me an example of when you used your negotiating skills and how did it turn out?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2011.

You'd think this was for the FBI. I had to take a 1/2 day (unpaid as I have run out of PTO for the year) for the first interview because it stretched 4 hours. I saw 4 Underwriting Directors and was brutally interrogated. They tried to poke holes in my resume (to no avail) and presented a lot of "what if" scenario questions. I even had a pretty heated debate with one manager because he tried to tell me that we're currently in a "hard" insurance market, which we undoubtedly are NOT. Who knows if this was another one of their "tests". After these interviews, I was told I needed to phone screen with the VP. That went well and I was made an offer contingent upon passing a drug test and background screen. I was told I had to go to a laboratory of their choosing, both 20 miles away from my home/current job and complete the drug test within 48 hours or the offer would be rescinded. This was Thursday at 7 pm. The labs are both closed Saturday. So again, I am forced to take time off from work and be docked pay. I passed the drug test, have no criminal record, a clean MVR and a college degree. The background "investigation" turned up a parking ticket from 2002 from my University, which I had to pay $75 to clear. I got married in September and am in the process of changing my name. They couldn't accept that my SS Card and License were different. They wanted me to go to the DMV and fix it for THEM!! They also wanted every W2 I've ever had. Why?????? What does that have to do with the job offer you made me? I had to call the IRS and was on the phone for DAYS trying to get a work history transcript. Then they accused me of lying about where I formerly worked because my old boss outsourced his payroll and so the W2 said "ADP". I had to beg my old employer to call them back and clarify. Finally, they needed proof of hire date from my current employer. I provided my offer letter. Not good enough. I provided my 401k statement. Not good enough. "Can you get an old pay stub from HR? and a recent one to show you are still actively employed" ENOUGH. This isn't the secret service. I was so anxiety ridden and stressed out during the interview process alone, I can't imagine what it would have been like to actually work there. The scrutiny was ridiculous, intrusive, and unecessary. NO THANKS.

Interview Questions
    • If 10 submissions came in at the same time, all the same size, same LOB, same exposure, same premium, how would you prioritize them?   View Answer

See above. That about says it all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2009.

Initial phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Hiring Manager, Forma interview with hiring manager and Regional VP. Follow up interview with hiring manager and other line of business leaders.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and how do you work on improving it.   Answer Question
    Some negotiation but without specific experience it is tough to negotiate further.