Travelers Companies Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.5

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Series of several interviews that were in hierarchical order. Each interview progressed with difficulty and length. The final interview was more confirming that there was truth to my statements and I in fact was who I represented myself to be. Depending on company need, not all interviews are as thorough.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was long interview process. Total of 3 interview consisted 1 initial phone interview with the recruiter, 1:1 with the hiring manager, and conference call interview. The whole process were very long.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this job   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Process was not too formal. Initial phone interview and in person with two people. There was a background check and drug test. There were no trick questions and no skills test.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Typical questions on my work history.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

Interview

I applied in November, was contacted in December by HR. I did a phone screening and then scheduled an on site interview. I interviewed with the head of Underwriting separately. Then the hiring manager, an HR rep and the hiring managers boss. Everyone was very friendly and while it was a behavioral question interview, it was very conversational and easy going. Getting an offer took a while as it was in December around the holidays.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating, they gave a more than fair offer.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2014.

Interview

I had an inital phone interview and was immediately scheduled for an onsite interview. Basic questions were asked...strengths, weakness, 5 year plan etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked a few questions about experiences in the industry and knowledge of the company. After the interview was told it would take a few weeks for the decision to be made since they had a large number of applicants. Still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• Asked about a poor decision I had mad at work. Or something I regretted doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

First I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Had interview and forward info to hiring manager, then a week later received an email to schedule a face to face interview. Interviewed face to face was told from manager should be hearing back in 2 weeks. A week later I received an email to schedule another face to face interview with 2 managers. I interviewed with manager, after that interview I shadowed someone for 30 mins. After that I had another interview with another manager. After that I was told should hear something in 2 weeks. A week later I received an email from the 2 managers boss over phone. After that interview I was told I should know if I received job in 2 weeks. The very next day I received an email from recruiter followed by a phone call saying I got job but I needed to put in application to do a background check and asked what my salary preference was. After that I received an email with offer and to go take drug test. After drug test, I received an email when to start.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario of when you approved something that you still regret.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because they asked me what I wanted to make and it was approved. Salary is great..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Maryland Heights, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position on 02/23/14. I received an email from the recruiter on 03/21/14 to set-up a phone interview. I had the first phone interview on 03/25/14 with the recruiter. On 04/16/14, I had the 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited for an on-site interview on 04/28/14 with the hiring manager. The interview took an hour and most of the questions were behavioral. On 04/29/14, I received an email from the recruiter requesting another on-site interview with the regional leader. I had the last interview on 04/30/14, to discuss the account manager position in depth and a few behavioral questions. I received a phone call from the recruiter on 05/05/14 with a contingent offer pending background and drug test. The background and drug test came back on 05/12/14 and I am clear to start in two weeks

Interview Questions

• The interview process was easy and everyone was EXTREMELY nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was way more than I thought and I was excited to accept it

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2014.

Interview

Most of the interview process was based on behavioral type questions. They are looking for specific examples and situations. There were 2 people in the interview and both took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when.... How would you handle this situation... What specifics about this position prompted you to apply... What do you know about this position.......   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Had a phone interview

Interview Questions

• List a time you went above and beyond for your client   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

3rd party does hiring practice with face 2 face interview of hiring manager, very sterile feeling, not like looking for a person, just a robot. Took about 3 months to be hired as applied in June and started in October.

Interview Questions

• None, all typical questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took what they gave as was unemployed and they knew they had me.