Travelers Companies

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2014.

I had an inital phone interview and was immediately scheduled for an onsite interview. Basic questions were asked...strengths, weakness, 5 year plan etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked a few questions about experiences in the industry and knowledge of the company. After the interview was told it would take a few weeks for the decision to be made since they had a large number of applicants. Still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions
  • Asked about a poor decision I had mad at work. Or something I regretted doing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

First I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Had interview and forward info to hiring manager, then a week later received an email to schedule a face to face interview. Interviewed face to face was told from manager should be hearing back in 2 weeks. A week later I received an email to schedule another face to face interview with 2 managers. I interviewed with manager, after that interview I shadowed someone for 30 mins. After that I had another interview with another manager. After that I was told should hear something in 2 weeks. A week later I received an email from the 2 managers boss over phone. After that interview I was told I should know if I received job in 2 weeks. The very next day I received an email from recruiter followed by a phone call saying I got job but I needed to put in application to do a background check and asked what my salary preference was. After that I received an email with offer and to go take drug test. After drug test, I received an email when to start.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a scenario of when you approved something that you still regret.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate because they asked me what I wanted to make and it was approved. Salary is great..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2014.

I applied for this position on 02/23/14. I received an email from the recruiter on 03/21/14 to set-up a phone interview. I had the first phone interview on 03/25/14 with the recruiter. On 04/16/14, I had the 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited for an on-site interview on 04/28/14 with the hiring manager. The interview took an hour and most of the questions were behavioral. On 04/29/14, I received an email from the recruiter requesting another on-site interview with the regional leader. I had the last interview on 04/30/14, to discuss the account manager position in depth and a few behavioral questions. I received a phone call from the recruiter on 05/05/14 with a contingent offer pending background and drug test. The background and drug test came back on 05/12/14 and I am clear to start in two weeks

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was easy and everyone was EXTREMELY nice.   Answer Question
    The salary was way more than I thought and I was excited to accept it

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Had a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • List a time you went above and beyond for your client   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

3rd party does hiring practice with face 2 face interview of hiring manager, very sterile feeling, not like looking for a person, just a robot. Took about 3 months to be hired as applied in June and started in October.

Interview Questions
    I took what they gave as was unemployed and they knew they had me.

Account Manager Interview

Asked pretty typical interview questions. I was interviewed at my school's career center, and as I was the last to be interviewed, there was no time constraint and I was kept in there for a long time. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and was easy to talk to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2013.

I applied on the Travelers website and then within a couple days I was sent an email from an HR recruiter from back east. She initially said she would probably contact me within a week but a day or two later I received a phone call from the local hiring manager. I interviewed with the local hiring manager and another supervisor a few days later in their office. The local hiring manager said that the next step in the hiring process would be a telephone interview with a panel of other people in her office to ask me insurance questions to find out my skill level. A few days passed and I never heard from the hiring manager so I contacted the HR recruiter to get a status on the position. She called me a few days later and said that they were in the process of making an offer to another hire. I told her that the local hiring manager shouldn't be telling candidates that she would be calling them if she had no intention of doing so but I thanked her for giving me the status on the job and for not making me wait in outer space any longer. She then encouraged me to apply for other positions with the company. I thought the HR department was responsive but the local hiring manager was misleading. This process took over a month and I haven't received an official letter stating the position was filled- perhaps they don't send the professional closure letters like other companies do now. Local office seemed a bit chaotic- perhaps because they just moved to a new location and the manager supervises about 140 people plus a whole other office about 30 miles away!

Interview Questions
    • What are your professional goals within the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2012.

The recruiter emailed me to schedule a phone interview and then a week after I was scheduled for an actual interview with the Operations Director. Then a second interview with the Operations Manager and a Managing Account Executive. An offer letter was emailed to me soon after.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions, very "automated". All interviews, phone and in-person had scenario questions on organization, desk management and working to meet due dates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2012.

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter 3 weeks later, to set up a phone interview. I completed a phone interview a week later, and received an email with an interview date. the following week I interviewed with 5 people; two underwriting managers, a hiring manager, an hr rep and a departmebt heas. About a week later I called to follow up, and was told that the position was given to an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were basic interview questions for an underwriting assistant position.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2010.

I spoke with a recruiter. Went over my skills. Got invited to an interview after a week. It's been a few days and I'm still waiting for a response. Interview was pleasant basic insurance questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to multiple people asking you to rush a project.   View Answer