Travelers Companies

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2010.

Up till now, I got two phone interviews. The first one came from a HR asking me to go over my resume and also asked about logistic regression. The second one came from a statistician, told me about the company and his team, give me a real statistics question to figure out, also asked how to evaluate the logistic regression models. Another question is about SAS, he asked about what I know about SAS, if I used macro, SQL, and array.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me in the deviance for goodness of fit test, why the multiplier is 2, not 3 or any other numbers?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2010.

It is 1:1 interview. Asking about writing a SAS code to find out the duplicate input of data set

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2010.

Interviewing was a very comfortable experience. I interviewed with multiple people, each in a 1:1 setting, and all were friendly and made me feel like they were glad to have me there. The overall process was fairly lengthy though, lasting weeks. This was partly due to a second round of interviews that was on hold until a manager returned from vacation, but mostly due to an absurdly lengthy background check with extensive documentation requirements. This is the reason I'm rating the overall experience as neutral. Talking with people at the company was a very positive experience, but the background check took too long, and required information that I believe seriously and unnecessarily intruded on my privacy (they wanted copies of past tax returns).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to work with someone who was difficult to work with. How did you deal with this person?   Answer Question