Travelers Companies Auto Appraiser Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

3.5

Auto Appraiser Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2014.

This process includes 5 rounds of interviews/meetings (including two phone interviews). The first is an initial Human Resources Screening (phone interview). Followed by a face-to-face interview with the Product Line Manager. The third and fourth meetings are combined into one visit, as you meet with the direct supervisors of the position which you are applying, and you also are required to conduct a peer meeting, which is speaking with someone who is already in the position which you are applying for. Lastly, you conduct one final one hour interview with Human Resources (phone interview) to review all the information you received.

The initial call acknowledged receipt of my online application, and arranged a time for the first phone interview. A few days later, the Human Resources phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was advised that the hiring team would review the phone interview information, and select candidates to move forward. The HR rep provides contact information to check the status of your application weekly.

About two weeks later, I received a call to schedule a face-to-face interview. I met with the Product Line Manager, who I learned managed the supervisors of the position I applied for. This interview lasted about 45 minutes. In hindsight, this interview was the most critical. Essentially, if your boss' boss approves of you, you're halfway there.

About ten days later, I received a call from the supervisors to schedule an interview. This meeting was more informal, gave me a chance to learn more about the day-to-day duties of the position. This meeting lasted about 45 minutes as well, and was more an informative session than an interview. During the same meeting, I conducted a peer interview. This gave me a chance to speak with someone already in the position, and ask any questions. Again, more informative than anything.

Lastly, I received a call from Human Resources to schedule my final interview. This phone interview lasted one hour, and reviewed all the information you learned thus far. The main point of this call was to "fill in the gaps", make sure that all of the necessary information was conveyed throughout the interview process. The HR representative advised a two week follow up window for a decision.

I was contacted in one week. It will usually be on a Monday or a Tuesday. From the date of the offer, you will have 48 hours to complete your drug test. If you don't complete the test within that time, your offer will be revoked and you will not be considered for any position with Travelers for six months. For this reason, you usually won't hear back on a Thursday or Friday, as most drug testing locations are open during business days.

**Questions are very straight forward, no brain teasers, no gimmicks. The goal of each discussion is to review your background, identify your strengths and what you do well, identify your weaknesses and discuss issues you've had in the past regarding your responsibilities (especially if those same issues are likely to reoccur in the position you are interviewing for), and discuss your willingness and ability to adapt to your new role.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Give me an example of a time you had to manage your own schedule? 2. Do you like vehicles? 3. What is your method of prioritizing multiple tasks, give me an example of when you had to do this?   Answer Question
No negotiation necessary. You won't find another offer in the industry higher.

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Auto Appraiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Multiple interviews with multiple managers. Real time evaluation in a tow yard of my appraisal skills.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was spending an hour in the rain in a tow yard assessing vehicle damages in front of two managers.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, initial offer was fair.

Auto Appraiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2012.

first was a phone interview by your potential manger.
    then it was a 3-4 person manager panel interview.
    then it was a 2 persons HR management panel interview.
    then they called to offer a position contingent on a drug test which u had to take within 48 hrs

Interview Questions
    • they had several technical questions regarding estimatics   View Answer
    non negotiable on salary.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2010.

They made the typical background and behavioral questions. The interview took 45 minutes .