Travelers Companies Claim Representative Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.7

Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Wyomissing, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Long, tedious unnecessary interview process. Applied December 12 and received a call about a week and a half later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of going over general duties of the job and then asking basic questions.

Passed that and had to come in to take a 3.5 hr assessment in their office, which consisted of data entry (how accurate you type information into the computer), listening to customers on the phone and reciting what information was exchanged, easy sections for math, reading, literacy, and reading a map. Test itself was easy, however, you were given very little time. None of us managed to finish the auto property/comprehension section on time.

Anyway, passed that and received a call within the same day to schedule an in person interview next week. Sat down and interviewed with two department managers and first thing we did was go through my resume. Asked me what I liked and disliked about each job I had. I was then basically asked a question or two from each page from a packet. Interviewer said she wanted me to recite specific experiences for each question. It was very repetitive. Total of maybe 20-25 questions. Lasted about 40 mins. Received a letter in the mail a week later saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Independence, OH).

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone and they asked me about my background and my resume. I was then called in for a interview with two people and it lasted about an hour. Several situational questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What position would you like to reach in this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Reading, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview, Aptitude Test, then a couple panel interviews and one interview with someone from local upper management

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to negotiate with someone, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Buffalo, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

First, a group of candidates are gethered to take on-line test. Not difficult, mainly for claims-related reading comprehension questions in multi-choice form. The test took around 4 hours. A week later, I had a behavior interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe the experience when you have deal with a rude customer.   2 Answers

Claim Representative Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2011.

Interview

Started with a 1 on 1 interview, then a 4 hour skills test, followed by a day interviewing with the unit manager, regional manager, and HR. Also spent about an hour with a Claim Rep to ask any questions and get to know the job better. After that I waited 3 weeks for an offer. Smooth interview process, just annoying that I had to wait 3 weeks after the last interview to be contacted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real reason to negotiate. The pay is great for a Trainee job and the PTO as well as the benefits are good.

Claim Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2011.

Interview

Was called in for an on-campus interview after applying online. Very typical interview with a lot of what if questions. Went through my work experience on my resume one by one. Laid back and not stressful. Thought it went well, but never got a call back for a further interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   1 Answer

Claim Representative Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2008.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who interviewed me on the phone, I then was called by the local office and scheduled an interview. During the interview I met with three supervisors who interviewed me. I was later offered the job on the condition that I pass a background check and drug test.