Travelers Companies Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Charlotte, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

I interviewed a couple times here. Recruitment process is disorganized and don't expect any follow up whatsoever after the interview. Interviewer himself in so many words said the company is not very diversity friendly and has struggled to add diversity to their Charlotte office. Charlotte is a very diverse city with several universities in the vicinity, so to me that says something.

Interview Questions

• They ask standard questions and some "tell me about a time" when type questions. The questions are related to customer service, problem solving, and basic ability to make decisions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

sent in my resume, got a call from HR in about 3 week for an telephone interview. Next set up a face to face meeting with several managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

gave me an offer and no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

applied through company website. completed a phone interview. attended job fair and interviewed with a few people. took a half day from work to complete their exam which took a few hours. interviewed with 2 more people. waited 30 days for the joke of a background check. received offer

Interview Questions

• Time me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

not open to negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online then received a phone interview. A few days later they called me in for a face to face interview. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Made me feel comfortable. I have had a follow up interview, a chance to observe what a claims adjuster does on a day to day basis and I have another meeting this week.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Claim Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple but did take some time. Received initial call and ran through the questions typical interview questions. Requested a follow up phone interview, and then an in person interview. The whole process took about 3 months which was pretty disappointing but did get the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a time when I dealt with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

multiple face to face interviews, phone interviews. After having applied for the job, I spoke to the manager on the phone. Then we met in person at a coffee shop. After a couple of months I went to the office for 2 interviews. So after 7 months of waiting I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where you had an unhappy customer that contacted your manager and how did you resolve the issue   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

the first interview was done by a national recruiter who the send your resume to the regional recruiter if the regional recruiter likes then he sets another phone interview. if you pass that then there a panel interview. for bilengual position they will test you right away

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Sacramento, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first, then in-person interview, then assessment test, then another interview with upper management, then a peer interview, then an interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Sacramento, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I received a call for a phone screening a month after applying, completed that, took the skills assessment test, and was called two days later for a 3 part interview. The questions were mostly behavioral and about resume and am waiting to hear back. Seems like a great group of people to work with! I'm hoping for the best...

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Columbia, SC) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, Skills test, 1:1 interview, and a group interview makes this a lengthy process. The final interview it most important which requires 2 years of previous performance reviews.