Travelers Companies Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

3.3

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

sent in my resume, got a call from HR in about 3 week for an telephone interview. Next set up a face to face meeting with several managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

gave me an offer and no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

applied through company website. completed a phone interview. attended job fair and interviewed with a few people. took a half day from work to complete their exam which took a few hours. interviewed with 2 more people. waited 30 days for the joke of a background check. received offer

Interview Questions

• Time me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

not open to negotiation.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online then received a phone interview. A few days later they called me in for a face to face interview. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Made me feel comfortable. I have had a follow up interview, a chance to observe what a claims adjuster does on a day to day basis and I have another meeting this week.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Walnut Creek, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

the first interview was done by a national recruiter who the send your resume to the regional recruiter
    if the regional recruiter likes then he sets another phone interview.
    if you pass that then there a panel interview.
    for bilengual position they will test you right away

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Sacramento, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first, then in-person interview, then assessment test, then another interview with upper management, then a peer interview, then an interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Sacramento, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I received a call for a phone screening a month after applying, completed that, took the skills assessment test, and was called two days later for a 3 part interview. The questions were mostly behavioral and about resume and am waiting to hear back. Seems like a great group of people to work with! I'm hoping for the best...

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Columbia, SC) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, Skills test, 1:1 interview, and a group interview makes this a lengthy process. The final interview it most important which requires 2 years of previous performance reviews.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online, 2 days later I received an e-mail asking when I would be available for a phone interview. The phone interview went fairly well. The interviewer asked questions about my background and told me about the position and asked how I thought that I would be a fit for it. About 3 days later I received a phone call asking to schedule a time when I could go take the assessment test for the position. The test was a 7 part test consisting of Math, Geometry, Basic reasoning skills, English, Grammar, and a data input test.
    Another two days passed and I received a phone call letting me know that I passed all 7 parts and qualified, they scheduled me for an interview with two managers the following week. The interviewers asked all behavioral questions. The week following the interview I received another call inviting me back for a final interview with one of the upper managers. I have not yet attended this interview but am hoping that they offer me a position afterwards!

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2011.

Interview

The entire hiring process takes a long time. Phone interview was first. Person was very nice and tried to make you comfortable. They asked you questions and wanted you to give the definitions about the policy and some different types of coverages. Some coverages which may not be a part of the job you are applying for. Then you wait a while and someone contacts you to set up they skills test. Skills test is common sense, listening, proofreading, math skills and reading charts as well as a typing test. You find out if you passed in 1-2 weeks. I was called in for an interview. Was interviewed by two people who more interested in asking difficult questions rather than the actual details that mattered. Sent a follow up thank you letter and in 2 weeks received a generic e-mail stating I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a decision without having all the information   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2011.

Interview

Wanted to know my background. Asked general questions about what is the highest amount of a claim I have paid. What is the highest authority I have had to settle claims. What a declaration page was. How do you handle an irate customer. What happened the last time a claim went south.