Travelers Companies

Travelers Companies Claims Property Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Claims Property Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2014.

Applied for the job in early January, was set up for a phone interview with a recruiter for Travelers. Interview lasted about 45 mins and asked detailed questions about work experiences, any claims industry experience, customer service, and education. I was asked detailed questions about specific situations where I had to deal with hostile customers, a fast paced environment, any mistakes I have made and how I've adapted to changes in the workplace.

After I passed the phone interview I was scheduled for a property assessment that took place in a local office. I was sent an email before the assessment specifying that the test is similar to the GED and I was provided a few links by Travelers to a website that has a free GED test prep exam and study guide.

The assessment at the office consisted of 7 parts and all 7 parts need to be passed independently in order to pass. The exam consisted of reading a homeowner's policy and determining the proper coverage or policy limits, writing a denial letter to a policyholder that was unhappy that his claim was denied due to wear and tear, a basic math test involving areas, perimeters, volumes, percentages, a grammar, vocabulary and spelling test, a basic Microsoft Excel test, a test which list several different maps and you have to determine based on the instructions where you would end up on the map given a start point.

I was called 4 business days after the test and informed that I have passed and that an interview with a unit manager is pending. I let the recruiter know I could interview any day and time but she said she needed to check the schedule. She said she would contact me to schedule a time to interview. It's been an additional 3 business days since I was informed that I passed the test and I have yet to be scheduled for an interview.

I am neutral about the interview process since it has been over a week and a half since I took the assessment. I expected to complete the interview already but the process has more downtime than I would prefer. The tests are not difficult for someone that is qualified to have the position. Generally insurance industry positions are very competitive so if you don't pass it means it's unlikely you would be successful in handling the more complex and detailed training that you would receive if hired.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker or manager   Answer Question