Travelers Companies Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.1

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Lengthy, but worthwhile. Every employee I encountered during the hiring process was very knowledgeable, candid, and bright. The steps I had to take in total were (1) online application, (2) phone screening, (3) series of 8 skills tests, (4) face to face with 2 unit managers, (5) shadowing current employee - this is also an interview, (6) face to face with 2 higher up managers, (7) face to face with VP, (8) drug screening, (9) background/credit check. They put a lot of effort into bringing on talented people so I suggest really doing your homework on what the company does and the S.T.A.R. method for interviewing. They are looking for specifics as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted via phone and email within a week of submitting resume. Set up the initial interview about a week later. Met with three people, all were warm and very friendly. Standard interview questions (situational/behavioral stuff). Interview ended with me asking them questions. No offer, unfortunately, but overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you handle it? Did it cause friction afterward?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

In submitted my application on line and was contacted about a week later by an HR representative. Scheduled a phone screen for later in the week after which the rep stat ed someone would contact me in the next two weeks. Recieved a call the following Monday to set up a time to come I and take the 8 part assessment. After the asessment I was informed that I would be contacted in the following two weeks with the results and I would be moving to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What a free your salary expectations?
      Why do you want to leave your current position?

Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a pretty quick call from an out of state screener. Was asked to define several insurance terms. Was asked what salary I was looking for. Screener said I would move to the assessment round. Recd email from admin asst with date and time. Assessment is 3-4 hours long with 7-8 sections and it is timed. After I finished the assessment I was told I'd hear in 2 days if I was moving to the next round. When 2 days came and went I followed up via email. I was told I had passed the assessment and would be moving to 1st interview round. Sat with 2 supervisors (both very nice and put me at ease). Then sat with a worker who described a typical day. Then interviewed with 2 managers. All told, the process that day took approx 2 hrs. I was told I'd be moving to the next round of interviews and that it was a "long process". After no word after one week, I emailed but got no response. After 2nd week I emailed again but still got no response. After 3 weeks got a "sorry but we're not offering you employment" letter. I was very disappointed. I had thought highly of the people I met. However, how they handled things at the end was not professional. Also, the whole testing process and having to interview with so many people is overkill.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness? Describe a time dealing with a difficult customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Had to take a couple of tests on the computer, after passing you were given a face to face interview the hiring manager. There weren't really any hard or unexpected questions. All of the management team was very nice and helpful

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Richardson, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The initial phone interview takes at least 30 minutes. They ask very detailed questions and want to know what definitions of insurance terms you know. Then you spend 4 hours taking several tests.

Interview Questions

• All of their questions are situational. It just depends on your experience.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online & contacted by a recruiter from the home office about a week later. Standard phone interview with general questions about work history & she gave a quick preview of the position & the next steps. Invited me to a job fair in town the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a big setback in your life & how you responded and overcame the situation.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Albany, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Overall a stremlined process. After a phone intervierw, skill/assesment test, and several 1:1 interviews, along with one panel. I have yet to have been offered a job, but fingers crossed!

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Reading, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

I had an on campus interview, then a skills test, then a group panel interview.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Charlotte, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online with Travelers through their website and also through the Career Center at the University I graduated from. My application was selected from both sources. Initially I was contacted by a recruiter in regards to the application I put on the Travelers website, which was about two weeks later. When she called, she asked when I had time to schedule a telephone interview. I interviewed over the phone later that day, and from what I remember she spent some time going over the position, salary, and benefits. Then she asked some preliminary questions about me being able to adhere to Traveler's policies. She asked some basic questions about my experience and why I was interested in Travelers. She then asked a couple of basic "tell me about a time when" type questions.

Four days later, I was contacted again to set up a time to come take a 7 part timed exam. I came in to take the exam and I will say that the test was not easy but not overally hard. One part was very difficult. They are really gauging your analytical, cognitive, test-taking, and listening skills. They told me they would contact me about the test results within a week, but I heard back from them 3 days later. They told me I passed and asked when I wanted to schedule an interview. I scheduled an interview for the end of the week.

When I came into interview I interviewed with the deparment manager and one other employee in the claims department I applied to. The interview started with me explaining about myself, background and work history. They wanted me to go through and explain a little about what I did at each job and why I decided to leave. They also wanted to know likes/dislikes about each of these jobs. They asked a lot of questions that I found listed on this forum actually and various "tell me about a time when" questions. I will say, be prepared to talk about your work history and current position if you have one, and why you want to leave that position. They will throw in some standard trap questions (tell me about your weaknesses, tell me about a time when you didn't get a long with a coworker, tell me about your last peformance review..what areas of improvement were outlined in your review)

My best advice would be to make sure you have a complete cohesive explanation of your background starting from your college education through all your work history. Though the interview feels relaxed, they are subtlely trying to uncover inconsistencies. They also seems like they are looking out for "job hoppers."

Interviewed the week before last, and waiting on a call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last performance review? What areas of improvement were outlined in your review?   1 Answer
    • How do you stay organized?   1 Answer