Travelers Companies Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.1

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Lengthy, but worthwhile. Every employee I encountered during the hiring process was very knowledgeable, candid, and bright. The steps I had to take in total were (1) online application, (2) phone screening, (3) series of 8 skills tests, (4) face to face with 2 unit managers, (5) shadowing current employee - this is also an interview, (6) face to face with 2 higher up managers, (7) face to face with VP, (8) drug screening, (9) background/credit check. They put a lot of effort into bringing on talented people so I suggest really doing your homework on what the company does and the S.T.A.R. method for interviewing. They are looking for specifics as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview. After that they call you to schedule a time to go in and take a 3.5hr test.
    I didn't pass the stupid test so I didn't move on.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Why do you want to work for travelers insurance?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What's the most important decision you had to take in the past 2 years?

Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Wyomissing, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I received a call to set-up an initial phone interview. I was instructed to call at 4pm to start the interview. I called at 4pm, no answer, I called again at 4:10pm and was forwarded to vm. At 4:15pm the HR rep called and finally began conducting the interview. During the interview she made a couple strange remarks regarding my experience but I let it go, finally she stated something that made absolutely made sense. It was at this point she realized she wasn't even looking at the correct resume. I'm very disappointed in the entire experience. She told me someone would contact me in the next day or two, I've heard nothing and it's been 4. The interviewer was not prepared at all!!!

Interview Questions

• With your years of experience being a claims rep, would you need much training?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Morristown, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Extensive interview process. Was first contacted via email by a recruiter. Afterwards, set up a phone interview. Successfully passed phone interview and was told I was to come in for 3.5 hour assessment. Assessment was quick, although I did not answer 1 or 2 questions. At the end was asked to write a letter to a disgruntled claimant. I was told I would be contacted with the results of the assessment regardless in two days. When I was not informed, I gave them a call and was told I passed with flying colors. Moved on to In person interview. Met with would-be supervisor and a unit manager. Very relaxed and casual interview process. Both were very friendly. The would be supervisor told me she really liked me and gave me a tip for the next interview with her supervisor. Next, a current employee was brought into the room and I was told to ask as many questions as I wanted. I asked many questions and was eventually walked in on by the next round of interviewers (line manager and manager of operations) These interviewers were slightly more stern than the first, but still acted engaging towards me. Was told the interview process is lengthy and I would be contacted in 2-3 weeks. When I wasn't contacted after 2 and a half, I gave them a call to check up on my status. It was at this point I was told I would not be moving forward. Would rate process as positive, however It makes one wonder if they would have called if they had the information already.

Interview Questions

• What questions did you ask the claims rep employee?
      What are you goals?
      Explain a time you dealt with a difficult customer
      If you could re-do anything in your life, what would it be?

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

Interview

Contacted via phone and email within a week of submitting resume. Set up the initial interview about a week later. Met with three people, all were warm and very friendly. Standard interview questions (situational/behavioral stuff). Interview ended with me asking them questions. No offer, unfortunately, but overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you handle it? Did it cause friction afterward?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

In submitted my application on line and was contacted about a week later by an HR representative. Scheduled a phone screen for later in the week after which the rep stat ed someone would contact me in the next two weeks. Recieved a call the following Monday to set up a time to come I and take the 8 part assessment. After the asessment I was informed that I would be contacted in the following two weeks with the results and I would be moving to the next round.

Interview Questions

• What a free your salary expectations?
      Why do you want to leave your current position?

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a pretty quick call from an out of state screener. Was asked to define several insurance terms. Was asked what salary I was looking for. Screener said I would move to the assessment round. Recd email from admin asst with date and time. Assessment is 3-4 hours long with 7-8 sections and it is timed. After I finished the assessment I was told I'd hear in 2 days if I was moving to the next round. When 2 days came and went I followed up via email. I was told I had passed the assessment and would be moving to 1st interview round. Sat with 2 supervisors (both very nice and put me at ease). Then sat with a worker who described a typical day. Then interviewed with 2 managers. All told, the process that day took approx 2 hrs. I was told I'd be moving to the next round of interviews and that it was a "long process". After no word after one week, I emailed but got no response. After 2nd week I emailed again but still got no response. After 3 weeks got a "sorry but we're not offering you employment" letter. I was very disappointed. I had thought highly of the people I met. However, how they handled things at the end was not professional. Also, the whole testing process and having to interview with so many people is overkill.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness? Describe a time dealing with a difficult customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Had to take a couple of tests on the computer, after passing you were given a face to face interview the hiring manager. There weren't really any hard or unexpected questions. All of the management team was very nice and helpful

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Richardson, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The initial phone interview takes at least 30 minutes. They ask very detailed questions and want to know what definitions of insurance terms you know. Then you spend 4 hours taking several tests.

Interview Questions

• All of their questions are situational. It just depends on your experience.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online & contacted by a recruiter from the home office about a week later. Standard phone interview with general questions about work history & she gave a quick preview of the position & the next steps. Invited me to a job fair in town the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a big setback in your life & how you responded and overcame the situation.   Answer Question