Travelers Companies

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Paul, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair and contacted the recruiter immediately after. I got an interview with the recruiters that I met with. This ended up being a really positive interview experience because I already had some rapport with the interviewers. They said that the next step was that I would interview with their claims supervisor and then his boss.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to negotiate and what you did during this negotiation.   Answer Question

Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2010.

Interview Details – The Interview process started out with a phone interview, then a 4 hour skill and intelligence test. If you pass there is a 1:1 interview that lasts about an hour to 2 hours. They then call you with the offer.

Interview Question – What do you see as your most valuable skills that you possess that will contribute to this company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As it is an entry level position, there is not a whole lot of ability to negotiate, and the salary and benefits they offer as well as the large amount of vacation time make it mostly unnecessary. Negotiating the actual hours and days you work is your best option

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview was pretty easy. The skills test was challenging but not too bad. The one on one was the standard interview with pretty generic questions.

Interview Question – Asked pretty generic insurance questions like describe depreciation, actual cash value, etc.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email requesting me to attend an open house for a claims service representative position that they had open. I attended the open house, which consisted of a quick one on one interview and a typing test. At the end of that first interview, they eliminated those who did not pass the typing test. Next, I was called in for a skills test which was 3 hours long. After that, I was called in for another in person interview with a manager but received no offer after that.

Interview Question – Was there ever a time when you had to deal with a difficult manager and how did you deal with him or her?   Answer Question

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!