Travelers Companies Claims Service Representative Interview Questions

Claims Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Takes about 2 or 3 weeks to hear from someone about the job. After you apply they let you know if you've moved to next phase which is a skill test, then based on the skills test they will let you know if you have a interview. Between the time I applied and got hired it took about a month

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was the leader in my college class when I had to do group projects   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate -

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

I went to a job fair and contacted the recruiter immediately after. I got an interview with the recruiters that I met with. This ended up being a really positive interview experience because I already had some rapport with the interviewers. They said that the next step was that I would interview with their claims supervisor and then his boss.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to negotiate and what you did during this negotiation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Buffalo, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

The Interview process started out with a phone interview, then a 4 hour skill and intelligence test. If you pass there is a 1:1 interview that lasts about an hour to 2 hours. They then call you with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as your most valuable skills that you possess that will contribute to this company   Answer Question

Negotiation

As it is an entry level position, there is not a whole lot of ability to negotiate, and the salary and benefits they offer as well as the large amount of vacation time make it mostly unnecessary. Negotiating the actual hours and days you work is your best option

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Dallas, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

The phone interview was pretty easy. The skills test was challenging but not too bad. The one on one was the standard interview with pretty generic questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked pretty generic insurance questions like describe depreciation, actual cash value, etc.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2011.

Interview

I received an email requesting me to attend an open house for a claims service representative position that they had open. I attended the open house, which consisted of a quick one on one interview and a typing test. At the end of that first interview, they eliminated those who did not pass the typing test. Next, I was called in for a skills test which was 3 hours long. After that, I was called in for another in person interview with a manager but received no offer after that.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you had to deal with a difficult manager and how did you deal with him or her?   Answer Question