Travelers Companies Interview Questions in Connecticut

Updated Apr 22, 2015

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Probably one of the worst interview experiences ever. They called me in and then put me in an office for 6 hours with people rotating in and out. Most of the people seemed way to busy then to spend an hour with me and seemed distracted and many were not even involved with the role. The hiring manager couldn't even be bothered to speak to me for more then 7 minutes. Most of the interviews were conversational and unstructured, but basically it seemed like one they had a hard time articulating this role and therefore were not really sure why I was there. Here's a hint, have your hiring managers take 15 minutes and do a phone screen before bringing people in if you don't think they are qualified. It was a waste of my time.

Product Pricing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Two interviews; one on campus and a final round in Hartford. Every single interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. I got to speak with people currently in the program, recent graduates of the program, and people high up in the department.

Interview Questions

• a lot of "tell me a time when..." questions
      "What are some current trends in insurance?"
      "How would you price a product"
      They asked a few questions to test my entrepreneurial skills like "assume you inherited a family business" and then asked about how you could increase competitiveness

Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a HR recruiter, then was ask for an on site interviewed. It took 2 hours with 2 VPs and one consultant.

A waste of my time it was, as I didn't get an email or a call back about at all. I reached out to HR and the hiring VP and got nothing.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about insurance product?

Do you know what accrual is?

What is something new you have done recently?

Is there any conflict in your current dept?

Explain a day in your current position?

And a bunch more

Hope this can be helpful for anyone looking.

Good luck!

Answer Question

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Windsor, CT).

Interview

Basic over the phone interview. Brought in for a 4 hour aptitude test. One interview with two unit managers. Once hired, twelve new hires were told they were among 500 candidates who made the cut (a big LIE).

Interview Questions

• None. The majority of unit managers at CCS are unqualified to do their jobs. At the interview, they seemed bother, unprepared, and in a hurry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations! If bi-lingual, DO NOT accept to work as a Bi-Lingual Claims Customer Service Rep.

PPDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Initial interview, final interview in Hartford. Simple interview questions but they were clearly looking for something specific. The people were very nice and helpful. The questions were standard, two different interviewers, test on math and reading skills that was on the computer, no results are given.

Interview Questions

• Explain a real world problem for the insurance industry.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college's career website and applied through their website. I received an e-mail to set-up a phone interview. Following my phone interview 1-2 days, I received an e-mail to set up a super day interview. The interview consisted of 3 45-minute interviews, a lunch with another candidate and 2 analysts, as well as a one-hour assessment. The assessment is half verbal and half math. The assessment is basically a test on seeing how well you can identify important data and incorporate that into the answer (which is similar to an analyst position). I am still waiting to hear back if I received a final offer or not.

In-House Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is long an exhausting. It is a process which involves telephone interviews and multiple in-person interviews. It will take many, many months to go through the process, as well as many, many months to learn about the results. The interviewers are pleasant and engaging, however.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to be well prepared for the interview and have a good understanding about the work you will do and the corporate culture.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I have already knew one of the employers, who is working at the reserve analysis department of the company. I told him that I am interested in an intern position, and asked him if there are any opportunities. He told his managers, and since they are very overloaded, asked me to attend an interview. The whole interview took at least 5 hours, I have spoken with 5 different person. Each of them first looked on my resume, and asked me to tell them about myself. After a couple of minutes they started to aks questions about my personality, how I would solve different problems, situations, you know, the usual behavioral interview questions. They also wanted to think about some general problems related to insurance. After 50 minutes, I had the opportunity to ask questions from them, and after one hour passed, we said goodby.
    Every person was very kind and friendly, even the manager who leads the team I am trying to get into.

Interview Questions

• If you look for some behavioral based questions, there wont be any problem.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen within a week. The "talent acquisition rep" and I stayed in touch via email after I took an online test/screen but it was almost 4 weeks before I was contacted for an in-person interview. I interviewed 1:1 with 6 people in succession over 2 hours. I was ultimately offered the job about a week and a half later, and started about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any difficult questions - it was more of a conversation than a test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but my offer was so amazing that I did not need to negotiate anything.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got called a few days after. Did a telephone screening. Met up face to face with the hiring manager. scheduled a group interview after. waited almost 2 months for a no offer.

Interview Questions

• What will I bring to the table.   1 Answer