Travelers Companies

Very Easy Interview

Associate Account Executive Interview

Associate Account Executive
Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very professional. Phone Interview, Nice Application before process and test before interview. The only issue being in Hartford in winter you had to walk outside. The parking was not with th e same building. Hartford is a very confusing city so leave plenty of time.
Very nice as soon as you arrived.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected in questions   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager Interview

Sourcing Manager
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2013.

Interview Details – After the job posted I sent in my resume and received a 5 person interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was tell me how you negotiate with a difficult supplier.   View Answer

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2010.

Interview Details – Travelers is not well thought of for its hiring practices/processes specific to efficiency/duration of time. With that said, I actually got lucky and was hired in about two months. The interviews and interviewers were fair and had positive intent. The communications prior to the in-person interview was fine too. Once, in Travelers, I find internal movement very difficult.

Interview Question – I really can't think of one. The questions and the planning around covering different competencies were very good.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I really didn't need to negotiate -- they offered a higher salary; sign on bonus and more vacation than my prior employer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director Interview

Director
Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple levels of screening. Phone interviews with Recruiter followed by HR manager, then typically one or two rounds of interviews with the candidate, with atlease one face to face interview. Typical interviews are 1x1, though I have seen panels in few instances.

Interview Question – Challenges related to manage competing project demands, stakeholder management and inefficient team dynamics   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Interviewed in fall of senior year at college for the PPDP. Phone interview with market analyst, 30 minutes. 2 weeks later, invited to final round on site in Hartford. Took 1 hour math/verbal test (SAT difficulty, not hard at all). Two 45 minute interviews after that. Then an hour at a restaurant for lunch with one candidate and 2 analysts. One more 45 minute interview after lunch, ended up being 1 hr. 15 minutes. Offer extended 1 week later via phone.

Interview Questions

• What are some trends you have noticed over the past few years in the insurance industry?   Answer Question
  • If you inherited a gas station, what would your strategy be, immediately and then over time?   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Counsel
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Phone with recruiter. Two rounds in person. Behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Weakness.   View Answer

Director - Technology Interview

Director - Technology
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and then a face to face interview in Hartford with a VP and several of their staff. Received a call the next month that they wanted to make me an offer. I countered the next day for a few thousand more but there was no negotiation. The offer was only 10% more than I was making. The HR guy was pressuring me telling me they had to know immediately as they had someone else in mind. I would be relocating but they only give three days from the original offer to decide because you have to take a drug test or they rescind the offer. After giving it some thought the position seemed a little like drudgery and pay wise the difference was small so I declined.

Interview Question – Nothing really challenging. They asked a lot about what I was currently doing. Seemed like they were probing me to find out how to fix a few of their current problems.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received a call the next month that they wanted to make me an offer. I countered the next day for a few thousand more but there was no negotiation. The offer was only 10% more than I was making. I knew someone that used to work there and he said make sure you get what you can initially because there will be little in terms of increases going forward. I would be relocating but they only give three days from the original offer to decide because you have to take a drug test or they rescind the offer. Thought this was a tight timeline considering the seniority of the position and the relocation. After giving it some thought the position seemed a little like drudgery and pay wise the difference was small so I declined.

Vice President IT Interview

Vice President IT
Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen for first round. Multiple face-to-face interviews for second round.

Interview Question – Mostly about experiences and how I can contribute. Lots of discussion about culture, decision making philosophy, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Windsor, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Phone screen to start. If that goes well then an assessment test and most often an interview if that gets passed. About two weeks later I got the offer.

Interview Question – The "explain a time when this occurred and how you handled it" questions I find to be the toughest.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initially was contacted by an HR rep that conducted a very brief interview. Was then interviewed by another HR rep on the phone before setting up an interview in the area I would be working in. Was interviewed by 3 managers and 2 other analysts.

HR building was nice and the process was very structured.

Interview Question – Describe an issue you had when leading a team and how did you resolve the issue   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was actually given a higher salary than I had asked for. They pay the market rate.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!