Travelers Companies

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Basic over the phone interview. Brought in for a 4 hour aptitude test. One interview with two unit managers. Once hired, twelve new hires were told they were among 500 candidates who made the cut (a big LIE).

Interview Questions
    • None. The majority of unit managers at CCS are unqualified to do their jobs. At the interview, they seemed bother, unprepared, and in a hurry.   Answer Question
    No negotiations! If bi-lingual, DO NOT accept to work as a Bi-Lingual Claims Customer Service Rep.

PPDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Initial interview, final interview in Hartford. Simple interview questions but they were clearly looking for something specific. The people were very nice and helpful. The questions were standard, two different interviewers, test on math and reading skills that was on the computer, no results are given.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a real world problem for the insurance industry.   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2014.

I applied through my college's career website and applied through their website. I received an e-mail to set-up a phone interview. Following my phone interview 1-2 days, I received an e-mail to set up a super day interview. The interview consisted of 3 45-minute interviews, a lunch with another candidate and 2 analysts, as well as a one-hour assessment. The assessment is half verbal and half math. The assessment is basically a test on seeing how well you can identify important data and incorporate that into the answer (which is similar to an analyst position). I am still waiting to hear back if I received a final offer or not.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

I have already knew one of the employers, who is working at the reserve analysis department of the company. I told him that I am interested in an intern position, and asked him if there are any opportunities. He told his managers, and since they are very overloaded, asked me to attend an interview. The whole interview took at least 5 hours, I have spoken with 5 different person. Each of them first looked on my resume, and asked me to tell them about myself. After a couple of minutes they started to aks questions about my personality, how I would solve different problems, situations, you know, the usual behavioral interview questions. They also wanted to think about some general problems related to insurance. After 50 minutes, I had the opportunity to ask questions from them, and after one hour passed, we said goodby.
    Every person was very kind and friendly, even the manager who leads the team I am trying to get into.

Interview Questions
    • If you look for some behavioral based questions, there wont be any problem.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

I applied online and had a phone screen within a week. The "talent acquisition rep" and I stayed in touch via email after I took an online test/screen but it was almost 4 weeks before I was contacted for an in-person interview. I interviewed 1:1 with 6 people in succession over 2 hours. I was ultimately offered the job about a week and a half later, and started about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions - it was more of a conversation than a test.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate but my offer was so amazing that I did not need to negotiate anything.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2014.

Applied online. Got called a few days after. Did a telephone screening. Met up face to face with the hiring manager. scheduled a group interview after. waited almost 2 months for a no offer.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interviewed in fall of senior year at college for the PPDP. Phone interview with market analyst, 30 minutes. 2 weeks later, invited to final round on site in Hartford. Took 1 hour math/verbal test (SAT difficulty, not hard at all). Two 45 minute interviews after that. Then an hour at a restaurant for lunch with one candidate and 2 analysts. One more 45 minute interview after lunch, ended up being 1 hr. 15 minutes. Offer extended 1 week later via phone.

Interview Questions
    • What are some trends you have noticed over the past few years in the insurance industry?   Answer Question
    • If you inherited a gas station, what would your strategy be, immediately and then over time?   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2014.

The process was very professional. Phone Interview, Nice Application before process and test before interview. The only issue being in Hartford in winter you had to walk outside. The parking was not with th e same building. Hartford is a very confusing city so leave plenty of time.
    Very nice as soon as you arrived.

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Phone with recruiter. Two rounds in person. Behavioral questions.

Vice President IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2013.

Phone screen for first round. Multiple face-to-face interviews for second round.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly about experiences and how I can contribute. Lots of discussion about culture, decision making philosophy, etc.   Answer Question