Travelers Companies Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Richardson, TX).

Interview

This was my first interview with Travelers.. I applied online on Indeed then I received a phone call from HR wanting to set up a face to face interview. I interviewed with Two Women. Both took turns asking me questions. Interview lasted about 35 minutes. A lot of behavioral questions. Overall, it went pretty well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online on the company website. Was called about 2 days after and scheduled a visit for testing that same week.

Testing consisted of typing, math, reading and problem solving. It took a total of just over 2 hours to complete. Was called later that morning and told that I passed and to scheduled an interview and job shadowing. Was given a set of date/times

First thing I shadowed with a Rep for about 30 mins. I really like this because you get a good idea what the job will be like.

I interviewed with 2 Unit Mangers. Both asked questions and took plenty of notes. The interview lasted an hour. Be sure to answer the questions with what you did and what was the end result.

After the interview, I sat down with a second rep who went over QA. I was able to ask lots of questions with her about the position and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with a co- worker(s). How did you handle it and what was the outcome?

Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.

Why do you want to work for Travelers?

How do you feel about work that may feel repetitious?

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Applied online, got an email 2 days later to do a 15 minute phone interview. After the conversation the recruiter said she'd like to schedule me for an exam in almost a month's time, and to fill out a background report. First thing is they give you a typing test which if you fail under 35 wpm you're told to leave in front of everyone. If you pass that you stay for the 4 hour exam. There was a math portion, an insurance like portion where you have to find and decide information in a document. And some general find the error, spelling, and grammar tests. I got a call that night, around 7:30, from the call center manager to come in the next week for an in person interview. It was with the general manager and a regular manager, basic customer service/interview questions, thought I did well. They said they'd get back to me in 2 weeks, emailed me 3 days later saying I didn't get the job. Job pay was 38k a year

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Windsor, CT).

Interview

Phone screen to start. If that goes well then an assessment test and most often an interview if that gets passed. About two weeks later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• The "explain a time when this occurred and how you handled it" questions I find to be the toughest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Knoxville, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was drawn out over at least a month. I applied online and a few days later recieved an email saying I'd been selected to continue on in the application process. Filled out a more in depth application that also contained questions that dealt with hypothetical situations one might be in while answering phone calls in customer service department for an insurance company. A few days later, in an email, I was asked to continue on in the hiring process. The next phase was an online personality test consisting with over one hundred questions, simple math questions & call center scenarios presented with questions on which is best way to answer customer's question, etc. Several days later I got an email stating that I should move on to the next stage-- an online call center simulation. The call center simulation I did at home on my computer. I had 45 minutes to "answer" phone calls and select the best responses to the customer's questions given the infotnation that was provided for me. Several days later I recieved a phone call from Travelers saying they'd like to bring me in to meet with the director of operations and hiring manager. A few days later I go in for my interview. I meet with two people (director & hiring manager) at the same time, one asking me questions while the other jotted down my answers. That interview lasted about an hour and consisted with typical interview questions. They made me feel comfortable and got me to relax the best I could. They both stepped out of room for 5 minutes, came back in, asked some more questions then told me they'd like me to meet with someone from HR. I interviewed with one person from HR for another hour. I was much more relaxed, and most of the questions I was asked were the same, or at least very similar. Talked about benefits and salary. I left with a mixed feeling since I'd never worked in a call center before conducting customer service-- I've only worked face to face customer service in the food service industry. But my interview with HR, I felt, went really well. Five days later I received a call from a recruiter who offered me the job, pending a drug test and background check. I accepted the offer, and start the new job in a month!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team and things didn't go as planned. How did you handle the situation?
      Describe a time when you were overwhelmed with your workload, and how you handled it.
      Talk about a time you turned an idea into an accomplishment.
      Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Diamond Bar, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

applied online, received a email need to set date to phone interview, got a phone call after 3 days, interview last 20 mins, never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• whats the most difficult thing you have encountered in you work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Windsor Locks, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Windsor Locks, CT) in January 2012.

Interview

Started off applying online then received a phone call a few days later asking to set up a 15 minute phone interview. This phone interview was fairly easy first describing what the job entails and asking basic questions like: tell me about yourself, what did you like/dislike about previous employer, what computer programs do you have experience with, and why Travelers...At the end of the interview i was asked to set up a day to go in for a 4 hour skills test. The first part of the test was a 5 minute typing test, making sure you can type at least 35 words per minute. However, it wasn't a standard paragraph and sentence typing, it was data entry, such as people's names and addresses. Still fairly easy. If you failed this part they send you home, if you pass you go on to take the 5 parts knowledge test. This test was really easy as many of the questions they provided the background policy information in the example and you have to decide what the outcome would be. Other questions included finding typos, basic math, and writing skills.

I passed everything on the test and was called the following day to set up an in-person interview. I showed up a week later and interviewed with two people at the same time. They alternated asking me questions and it lasted over an hour. I think it went very well as afterwards they went into the hallway and came back ten minutes later saying they wanted me to also interview with their boss at that time. Obviously I agreed and the boss came in several minutes later. This part was much quicker, about 30 minutes and was also quite easy. This was the finals step in the process as they told me I'd hear back within two weeks of that interview with an offer or not. It's been 1 week and I believe they were going to stop interviewing people today, so any day now I'm hoping for the call to get 1 of the 12 open positions they're hiring!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had an angry customer and how did you manage the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you worked with a team and things didn't go according to plan.   Answer Question
    • How long do you see yourself working in a customer service environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Richardson, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Newspaper listed a job fair. I sumitted my resume online before attending the all day event Screening 1:1 interview with recruiter. Computer based skill exams (2 hours). One on one interview with another recruiter and then a hiring manager. Did not recieve any feedback about job. I was never contacted either way. I felt that the environment was conducive to excellence. The staff seemed to be laid back and easygoing. I really thought I did well, but they had a lot of applicants with prior call center experience of which I did not have.

Interview Questions

• What value can you add to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for this position back in November of 2011 and received a call from the company a few weeks later to schedule a skills test. The skills test consisted of a typing test that was either pass/fail, and was followed by a five part multiple-choice exam including sections on basic calculations and grammar/usage. I was told that if I passed the exam I would receive a call within a week to schedule an interview. I was called the next day and had an interview scheduled for the following week. I interviewed with two managers who asked me questions primarily concerning my previous work experience. The interview took a little over an hour to complete. It has now been a few weeks since my interview, and I received a call a couple days ago from one of the managers asking if I was still interested in the position, and that they would be making their final decision sometime next week. I suppose I will find out next week whether or not I got the job. In summation, the interview process has been long and drawn out, but relatively low-stress.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you turned an idea into an accomplishment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Orlando, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 unit managers. They made me feel very comfortable even though I was very nervous. I had to take a typing test first, then I went to see the 2 unit managers for the interview. They hired me that day and then I had to take a drug test.