Travelers Companies
www.travelers.com Hartford, CT 5000+ Employees

Travelers Companies Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had applied before online to Traveler's and did not hear back. I got an employee referral and finally got a call to do a phone interview- which was brief and simple- basically just asked weakness/strength a few "describe a time" type questions. then went in and took the assestment test- im a smart person and found it somewhat difficult. then went back a week later for interview with 2 managers. They were very nice- usually i get pretty nervous but they made me feel at ease. Asked lots of "what would you do" and "describe a time with a customer" questions. I researched the company and i came prepared with examples of my day to day work interactions which was helpful. after interview i listened in on some calls with an employee. 2 weeks later got a call and offer- took drug test/background.

**I had no experience with insurance, have a degree, and customer service jobs.

It was intimidating when i read others interview reviews but i must say my experience was positive. If you come prepared and are professional I think you will do well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time with a customer that you could not give them the service you wanted to?   View Answer
  • What don't you like about your current job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were upfront with salary from start so there was no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2010.

Interview Details – After a phone interview, you are invited to go to the local office for a skills test and interview. The interview however is only granted only to those that score within their acceptable range. The assessment test itself is a joke. It included sections on reading comprehension, math, grammar, typing and locating information. Very easy.

If you are successful, you should be asked for an immediate interview or to come back for an interview. My particular interview was with three managers, who asked routine behavioral questions. Two questions that I had never encountered before: "Tell me about a time when you were disappointment with your job" and "How do you deal with stress on the job?". The last step is observation. You will be asked to sit down with someone who is already performing the job you applied for.

After the face-to-face interaction, if you are being considered, you will be asked to complete an online questionnaire for a background check. I was told that I would hear something soon. Still no word and calls to HR have not been returned. I can understand that HR may be slammed with applicants, but there is no excuse for a failing to notify applicants about the outcome.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2009.

Interview Details – This was a very pleasant experience, the interviewer was really friendly and down to earth. It didn't even feel like an interview it was more of a casaul conversation about the positions I held in the past.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Travelers Companies