Travelers Companies Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Buffalo, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

already knew of company inside info due to relatives working there..they asked about my previous customer svce skills, how I had or would handle example situations they presented..

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5yrs?   1 Answer
  • are you open to "change"?   1 Answer

Negotiation

know someone on the inside...

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Windsor, CT) in December 2008.

Interview

Initial communication - I applied online and found the job through one of the job boards. I received an email thanking me for applying. Then I was told I had to come in for an interview and typing test.

Planning - Planning took place over email and phone. The timeframe overall from the initial application to the offer was about 2 months.

Number of interviews: 4
    I was brought in for an interview and a typing test. Then I had to come in the next day for a Placement Test - go into the office and sit with other candidates and take a written placement test, felt like an SAT exam, 4 hours long. Big room of people, timed sections on the exam. After taking the placement test, I had another in-house interview with a panel after like 3 weeks. Then I had to take a drug test.

The people seemed nice all around throughout the process, very professional.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected or difficult questions. Questions were standard boiler plate interview questions suited for the position that anyone can search online and find to prepare for the interview for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate my salary. They told me that "this is the salary you are going to get and what everyone was going to make that starts at the same time." It was also more than what I was making in my former job so I was happy with the salary. They start a group of people at the same time, like a class which goes through orientation together before starting the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2010.

Interview

I had applied before online to Traveler's and did not hear back. I got an employee referral and finally got a call to do a phone interview- which was brief and simple- basically just asked weakness/strength a few "describe a time" type questions. then went in and took the assestment test- im a smart person and found it somewhat difficult. then went back a week later for interview with 2 managers. They were very nice- usually i get pretty nervous but they made me feel at ease. Asked lots of "what would you do" and "describe a time with a customer" questions. I researched the company and i came prepared with examples of my day to day work interactions which was helpful. after interview i listened in on some calls with an employee. 2 weeks later got a call and offer- took drug test/background.

**I had no experience with insurance, have a degree, and customer service jobs.

It was intimidating when i read others interview reviews but i must say my experience was positive. If you come prepared and are professional I think you will do well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time with a customer that you could not give them the service you wanted to?   1 Answer
    • What don't you like about your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were upfront with salary from start so there was no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2010.

Interview

After a phone interview, you are invited to go to the local office for a skills test and interview. The interview however is only granted only to those that score within their acceptable range. The assessment test itself is a joke. It included sections on reading comprehension, math, grammar, typing and locating information. Very easy.

If you are successful, you should be asked for an immediate interview or to come back for an interview. My particular interview was with three managers, who asked routine behavioral questions. Two questions that I had never encountered before: "Tell me about a time when you were disappointment with your job" and "How do you deal with stress on the job?". The last step is observation. You will be asked to sit down with someone who is already performing the job you applied for.

After the face-to-face interaction, if you are being considered, you will be asked to complete an online questionnaire for a background check. I was told that I would hear something soon. Still no word and calls to HR have not been returned. I can understand that HR may be slammed with applicants, but there is no excuse for a failing to notify applicants about the outcome.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2009.

Interview

This was a very pleasant experience, the interviewer was really friendly and down to earth. It didn't even feel like an interview it was more of a casaul conversation about the positions I held in the past.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question