Travelers Companies

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple levels of screening. Phone interviews with Recruiter followed by HR manager, then typically one or two rounds of interviews with the candidate, with atlease one face to face interview. Typical interviews are 1x1, though I have seen panels in few instances.

Interview Question – Challenges related to manage competing project demands, stakeholder management and inefficient team dynamics   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very long, the internal coordinator messed up a lot of paper work which made the process even longer. Technical interview was difficult but nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – Can you introduce to me what double GLM model is ?   Answer Question

Director
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2011.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview with the recruiter, and then they followed up two weeks later with a full day of interviews with 5 different groups or individuals including one at lunch. The first was with two technical people who quizzed me on some SQL. Then there were meetings with the Dept. Head, my new manager, and managers from areas I'd be working with.

In general the questions weren't difficult, but it was a long process. I realized half-way through that they wanted much more SAS experience than I had - though I never represented myself as a SAS expert in my resume or in the phone interview. So I was disappointed as I knew it was going to be a waste of a day.

Interview Question – How do you join tables in SQL?   Answer Question

Hartford, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2008.

Interview Details – multiple interview extended off original interview from posting. Senior management offered viewpoint that all employees are disposible and that if they hired me there was no guarantee that if a better candidate came by later on I could be replaced. After several interviews over several days they never returned my calls, offered feedback or offered status.

Interview Question – standard interview questions - size of org I managed, biggest project under my responsibility   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Travelers Companies

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies Director interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees and interview candidates.