Travelers Companies Interview Questions in Hartford, CT

Updated Sep 16, 2014

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

I have already knew one of the employers, who is working at the reserve analysis department of the company. I told him that I am interested in an intern position, and asked him if there are any opportunities. He told his managers, and since they are very overloaded, asked me to attend an interview. The whole interview took at least 5 hours, I have spoken with 5 different person. Each of them first looked on my resume, and asked me to tell them about myself. After a couple of minutes they started to aks questions about my personality, how I would solve different problems, situations, you know, the usual behavioral interview questions. They also wanted to think about some general problems related to insurance. After 50 minutes, I had the opportunity to ask questions from them, and after one hour passed, we said goodby.
    Every person was very kind and friendly, even the manager who leads the team I am trying to get into.

Interview Questions
    • If you look for some behavioral based questions, there wont be any problem.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

I applied online and had a phone screen within a week. The "talent acquisition rep" and I stayed in touch via email after I took an online test/screen but it was almost 4 weeks before I was contacted for an in-person interview. I interviewed 1:1 with 6 people in succession over 2 hours. I was ultimately offered the job about a week and a half later, and started about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • I did not have any difficult questions - it was more of a conversation than a test.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate but my offer was so amazing that I did not need to negotiate anything.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2014.

Applied online. Got called a few days after. Did a telephone screening. Met up face to face with the hiring manager. scheduled a group interview after. waited almost 2 months for a no offer.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interviewed in fall of senior year at college for the PPDP. Phone interview with market analyst, 30 minutes. 2 weeks later, invited to final round on site in Hartford. Took 1 hour math/verbal test (SAT difficulty, not hard at all). Two 45 minute interviews after that. Then an hour at a restaurant for lunch with one candidate and 2 analysts. One more 45 minute interview after lunch, ended up being 1 hr. 15 minutes. Offer extended 1 week later via phone.

Interview Questions
    • What are some trends you have noticed over the past few years in the insurance industry?   Answer Question
    • If you inherited a gas station, what would your strategy be, immediately and then over time?   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2014.

The process was very professional. Phone Interview, Nice Application before process and test before interview. The only issue being in Hartford in winter you had to walk outside. The parking was not with th e same building. Hartford is a very confusing city so leave plenty of time.
    Very nice as soon as you arrived.

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Phone with recruiter. Two rounds in person. Behavioral questions.

Vice President IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2013.

Phone screen for first round. Multiple face-to-face interviews for second round.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly about experiences and how I can contribute. Lots of discussion about culture, decision making philosophy, etc.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Phone screen to start. If that goes well then an assessment test and most often an interview if that gets passed. About two weeks later I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The "explain a time when this occurred and how you handled it" questions I find to be the toughest.   Answer Question

Director - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2013.

Two phone interviews and then a face to face interview in Hartford with a VP and several of their staff. Received a call the next month that they wanted to make me an offer. I countered the next day for a few thousand more but there was no negotiation. The offer was only 10% more than I was making. The HR guy was pressuring me telling me they had to know immediately as they had someone else in mind. I would be relocating but they only give three days from the original offer to decide because you have to take a drug test or they rescind the offer. After giving it some thought the position seemed a little like drudgery and pay wise the difference was small so I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really challenging. They asked a lot about what I was currently doing. Seemed like they were probing me to find out how to fix a few of their current problems.   Answer Question

Received a call the next month that they wanted to make me an offer. I countered the next day for a few thousand more but there was no negotiation. The offer was only 10% more than I was making. I knew someone that used to work there and he said make sure you get what you can initially because there will be little in terms of increases going forward. I would be relocating but they only give three days from the original offer to decide because you have to take a drug test or they rescind the offer. Thought this was a tight timeline considering the seniority of the position and the relocation. After giving it some thought the position seemed a little like drudgery and pay wise the difference was small so I declined.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2013.

3 series of phone interviews that were casual and laid back in nature. Very common interview questions behavioral in nature such as, tell me about a time you disagreed with a boss, tell me what you know about our company.. Do you know anything specific about any changes our company has gone through in past years?

Interview Questions
    • I was definitely drilled on what I knew about the company. Travelers is a very famous company because of the logo but they have gone through several changes throughout the years and sold off pieces of their insurance business to other big insurance players like Aetna. This information is good to know as well as the fact that Travelers is primarily now a P&C insurance company.   View Answer