Travelers Companies Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Aug 18, 2015

Processes Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX).

Interview

I first had a phone screening interview through human resources, then an interview was set up with the hiring manager. Since the hiring manager was located at a different location, that interview was also a phone interview and took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had to keep information confidential? Please explains that situation and how you kept the information confidential.   1 Answer

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was short. It was a group interview of 3 people and they asked the typical behavioral questions. The interviewers wer very nice and friendly. They were not intimidating at all. Overall great experience.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I put in an application online and received an email requesting time for phone interview. I spoke with an HR rep the next week and was asked general questions about why underwriting, why I chose my degree and why I chose to apply. I was then told that I would hear something in the near future about an onsite interview. A week later I received an email informing me of the interview times and location.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were disappointed about an outcome and what did you learn from it. How do you sell a product to a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online on the company website. Was called about 2 days after and scheduled a visit for testing that same week. Testing consisted of typing, math, reading and problem solving. It took a total of just over 2 hours to complete. Was called later that morning and told that I passed and to scheduled an interview and job shadowing. Was given a set of date/times First thing I shadowed with a Rep for about 30 mins. I really like this because you get a good idea what the job will be like. I interviewed with 2 Unit Mangers. Both asked questions and took plenty of notes. The interview lasted an hour. Be sure to answer the questions with what you did and what was the end result. After the interview, I sat down with a second rep who went over QA. I was able to ask lots of questions with her about the position and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with a co- worker(s). How did you handle it and what was the outcome? Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Why do you want to work for Travelers? How do you feel about work that may feel repetitious?   Answer Question

Insurance Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Interview

Standard questions and process, take tests, 1 person interview, 2 person interview, HR interview. Phone scenario test where you actually talk to a tester on the phone. The whole process only takes a few days and the phone scenario is done with a current employee who holds the position.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

First I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Had interview and forward info to hiring manager, then a week later received an email to schedule a face to face interview. Interviewed face to face was told from manager should be hearing back in 2 weeks. A week later I received an email to schedule another face to face interview with 2 managers. I interviewed with manager, after that interview I shadowed someone for 30 mins. After that I had another interview with another manager. After that I was told should hear something in 2 weeks. A week later I received an email from the 2 managers boss over phone. After that interview I was told I should know if I received job in 2 weeks. The very next day I received an email from recruiter followed by a phone call saying I got job but I needed to put in application to do a background check and asked what my salary preference was. After that I received an email with offer and to go take drug test. After drug test, I received an email when to start.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario of when you approved something that you still regret.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because they asked me what I wanted to make and it was approved. Salary is great..

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Had to take a couple of tests on the computer, after passing you were given a face to face interview the hiring manager. There weren't really any hard or unexpected questions. All of the management team was very nice and helpful

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call in about a week to set up a phone interview. After, received another phone call to set up 2nd phone interview through Go2meeting with two managers in different states,and recruiter. I think the phone interview poses a disadvantage because I think you can tell more about a person by meeting them in person.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online then received a phone interview. A few days later they called me in for a face to face interview. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Made me feel comfortable. I have had a follow up interview, a chance to observe what a claims adjuster does on a day to day basis and I have another meeting this week.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for this position back in November of 2011 and received a call from the company a few weeks later to schedule a skills test. The skills test consisted of a typing test that was either pass/fail, and was followed by a five part multiple-choice exam including sections on basic calculations and grammar/usage. I was told that if I passed the exam I would receive a call within a week to schedule an interview. I was called the next day and had an interview scheduled for the following week. I interviewed with two managers who asked me questions primarily concerning my previous work experience. The interview took a little over an hour to complete. It has now been a few weeks since my interview, and I received a call a couple days ago from one of the managers asking if I was still interested in the position, and that they would be making their final decision sometime next week. I suppose I will find out next week whether or not I got the job. In summation, the interview process has been long and drawn out, but relatively low-stress.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you turned an idea into an accomplishment.   Answer Question