Travelers Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Had to take a couple of tests on the computer, after passing you were given a face to face interview the hiring manager. There weren't really any hard or unexpected questions. All of the management team was very nice and helpful

Interview Question – How you would handle a certain call   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2010.

Interview Details – Met a representative at the UH job fair. Next step was a typing/basic arithmetic test. Then I came in for an initial interview with two managers. I had another interview with two more managers.

Interview Question – Honestly, they were all very basic questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. Try to negotiate.

Training Consultant Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call in about a week to set up a phone interview. After, received another phone call to set up 2nd phone interview through Go2meeting with two managers in different states,and recruiter. I think the phone interview poses a disadvantage because I think you can tell more about a person by meeting them in person.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Applied online then received a phone interview. A few days later they called me in for a face to face interview. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Made me feel comfortable. I have had a follow up interview, a chance to observe what a claims adjuster does on a day to day basis and I have another meeting this week.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Houston, TX

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for this position back in November of 2011 and received a call from the company a few weeks later to schedule a skills test. The skills test consisted of a typing test that was either pass/fail, and was followed by a five part multiple-choice exam including sections on basic calculations and grammar/usage. I was told that if I passed the exam I would receive a call within a week to schedule an interview. I was called the next day and had an interview scheduled for the following week. I interviewed with two managers who asked me questions primarily concerning my previous work experience. The interview took a little over an hour to complete. It has now been a few weeks since my interview, and I received a call a couple days ago from one of the managers asking if I was still interested in the position, and that they would be making their final decision sometime next week. I suppose I will find out next week whether or not I got the job. In summation, the interview process has been long and drawn out, but relatively low-stress.

Interview Question – Name a time when you turned an idea into an accomplishment.   Answer Question

Catastrophe Team Adjuster Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of 3 managers. They asked questions about my willingness to travel, about any fear of heights (estimating roof damage is part of the job), and general insurance questions to give me an opportunity to demonstrate my familiarity with property insurance policies. I also was required to demonstrate how I would explain insurance policy provisions to policyholders.

Interview Question – Explain recoverable depreciation to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Their offer was a fair amount better than a competing company's pay.

Property Claims Representative Interview

Property Claims Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2010.

Interview Details – There were 2 managers hiring for different positions. I had to travel from San Antonio, tx to Houston, TX and they were very polite and had the expected questions to ask. One of the managers liked me and even though i did not apply for the job, wanted me to see a higher up director to get his opinion of me. I did not really understand the job that the other manager wanted me for so the conversation was not very good and after a week, i did contact them back and inquired and they said that the original job i applied for was already filled and the other position that they wanted me for, could not be filled at this time.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees and interview candidates.