Travelers Companies Interview Questions in Houston, TX

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Standard questions and process, take tests, 1 person interview, 2 person interview, HR interview. Phone scenario test where you actually talk to a tester on the phone. The whole process only takes a few days and the phone scenario is done with a current employee who holds the position.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

First I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Had interview and forward info to hiring manager, then a week later received an email to schedule a face to face interview. Interviewed face to face was told from manager should be hearing back in 2 weeks. A week later I received an email to schedule another face to face interview with 2 managers. I interviewed with manager, after that interview I shadowed someone for 30 mins. After that I had another interview with another manager. After that I was told should hear something in 2 weeks. A week later I received an email from the 2 managers boss over phone. After that interview I was told I should know if I received job in 2 weeks. The very next day I received an email from recruiter followed by a phone call saying I got job but I needed to put in application to do a background check and asked what my salary preference was. After that I received an email with offer and to go take drug test. After drug test, I received an email when to start.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a scenario of when you approved something that you still regret.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate because they asked me what I wanted to make and it was approved. Salary is great..

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Had to take a couple of tests on the computer, after passing you were given a face to face interview the hiring manager. There weren't really any hard or unexpected questions. All of the management team was very nice and helpful

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Applied online and received a phone call in about a week to set up a phone interview. After, received another phone call to set up 2nd phone interview through Go2meeting with two managers in different states,and recruiter. I think the phone interview poses a disadvantage because I think you can tell more about a person by meeting them in person.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Applied online then received a phone interview. A few days later they called me in for a face to face interview. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Made me feel comfortable. I have had a follow up interview, a chance to observe what a claims adjuster does on a day to day basis and I have another meeting this week.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2011.

I applied for this position back in November of 2011 and received a call from the company a few weeks later to schedule a skills test. The skills test consisted of a typing test that was either pass/fail, and was followed by a five part multiple-choice exam including sections on basic calculations and grammar/usage. I was told that if I passed the exam I would receive a call within a week to schedule an interview. I was called the next day and had an interview scheduled for the following week. I interviewed with two managers who asked me questions primarily concerning my previous work experience. The interview took a little over an hour to complete. It has now been a few weeks since my interview, and I received a call a couple days ago from one of the managers asking if I was still interested in the position, and that they would be making their final decision sometime next week. I suppose I will find out next week whether or not I got the job. In summation, the interview process has been long and drawn out, but relatively low-stress.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you turned an idea into an accomplishment.   Answer Question

Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2010.

There were 2 managers hiring for different positions. I had to travel from San Antonio, tx to Houston, TX and they were very polite and had the expected questions to ask. One of the managers liked me and even though i did not apply for the job, wanted me to see a higher up director to get his opinion of me. I did not really understand the job that the other manager wanted me for so the conversation was not very good and after a week, i did contact them back and inquired and they said that the original job i applied for was already filled and the other position that they wanted me for, could not be filled at this time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2010.

Met a representative at the UH job fair. Next step was a typing/basic arithmetic test. Then I came in for an initial interview with two managers. I had another interview with two more managers.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, they were all very basic questions.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. Try to negotiate.

Catastrophe Team Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2009.

The interview consisted of 3 managers. They asked questions about my willingness to travel, about any fear of heights (estimating roof damage is part of the job), and general insurance questions to give me an opportunity to demonstrate my familiarity with property insurance policies. I also was required to demonstrate how I would explain insurance policy provisions to policyholders.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate. Their offer was a fair amount better than a competing company's pay.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!