Travelers Companies

4.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Standard questions and process, take tests, 1 person interview, 2 person interview, HR interview. Phone scenario test where you actually talk to a tester on the phone. The whole process only takes a few days and the phone scenario is done with a current employee who holds the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Applied online received a call within two weeks, emailed and had to do a skills test that consisted of answering questions for various "companies" by using the tabs with said companies policies and procedures (some other testing typical with customer service rep positions) did a 30 minute phone interview, invited to do a site interview, went to site interview and interviewed with hiring manager and supervisor in servicing department, after about a 15-20 minute interview did a second interview with another servicing department manager, was told would take one week to find out yes or no, called back the next day and offered position, went through background check (including credit, education, employers, and salary), also did drug test

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, typical what would yo do in this or that situation, tell me about a time when...   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2014.

phone screening, 2 computer assessment tests and 1 in person interview

still in process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2010.

The interview is like 4+ hours long.
    Consist of Data Entry test
    Skills test
    total 4 sections you have to pass.
    Fail one section, you don't move on.
    Then it's a one on one interview
    Mock call, where you have to answer a real phone and someone on the other end asking you questions and you have to use your Customer Service skills to provide the right answer. Someone is sitting behind you, God only knows what that individual was writing.
    Then another one on one with a hiring representative.
    Then a one on one with Human Resources
    1.50 weeks later received a call of job offer.
    Accepted
    drug/background check is required.
    Very good process they go through. Good weed out. If one couldn't pass a reading, math, skills test I sure wouldn't want to work with them either.
    I'm excited to work here, just all the testing is tiring/brain overload.

Interview Questions
    Really nothing to negotiate. The salary was upfront throughout the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2010.

Refererred by a friend did phone interview took 7 part test including % word problems and reading comprehesion and data entry test that if you dont pass you dont move on. A one on one interview that day and then came back a week later for a mock phone call test and two one on one interviews. The mock phone calls are actual people (ACTORS) that call with insurance issues, kinda of wierd and you have someone watching you too. Received email telling me I was not selected and no reason as to why. I would ask up front what will disqualify you on a background check. I have a bankruptcy and i think they may have been why i was denied of course they wont tell so I will never know. I also have a ton of experience and Bachelors degree and I had a employee referral. I thought the interview went well so it must be that. Look into it if you have one (BK)it will save you alot of time!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me your strengths and weeknesses with respect to service and production goals?   View Answers (2)
    • Can you tell me about a time when you were working in a group and there was conflict within in the group and how did you handle that situation?   View Answer

Insurance Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2012.

I applied online through the Traveler's website. After about a week I got an email asking for a follow up questionnaire to be filled out. It consisted mostly of questions about skills and making sure I understand that hours and availability expected. I emailed that back and about 2 days later received an email to schedule an aptitude test and keyboarding test in their office. I went in and completed this, which took about 2 1/2 hours. It consisted of a few basic math questions, a few policy related questions where we had to analyze a scenario and make a decision based upon set policies, which were given to us. After that they scheduled a face to face interview for a week later. I returned for the face to face interview. It consisted of 2 mock calls that we were asked to complete (sat in an office and answered the phone when a manager called and completed basic tasks on the computer). Then had an hour 1:1 interview with manager, followed by a 1:1 interview with a HR rep. Was called and offered job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation with a customer and how you responded?   Answer Question
    No negotiation