Travelers Companies

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Resume, Cover letter, pretty standard hiring process. Very helpful website. Interview was set up after a couple of weeks.

Interview Question – Questions were all behavioral--pretty straight forward. Everyone was very nice   Answer Question

Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – The process was relatively simple and direct. I was interviewed in front of a VP of Underwriting and a few underwriting managers.

Interview Question – Know about the industry specifics and specifics about your division.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – The interviewer had a set of basic questions ready to ask. The interview was a little conversational and relaxed but still ran along the guided questions. There were some behavioral questions as expected and also a question of how I researched the company. Overall the interviewer was very friendly and I had a positive experience.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too difficult or unexpected, but if I had to pick it would be how I researched the company.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – 2 month process starting with interviews on campus. Good experience and very organized process. Interviewers were very friendly. Final interviews located in Hartford office.

Interview Question – Basic Accounting Questions on Financial Statements   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2012.

Interview Details – Career Center set up Interview

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you had to work as a group.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Phone interview and in-person

Interview Question – Explain to me what underwriting is   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with a recruiter and then three different interviews with hiring managers of three different departments.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Blue Bell, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview first with HR staff. It went well and there wasn't any difficult questions. A week or so later she set up an on-site interview for at the offices that I was applying for. Went into the office and had 4 different interviews which lasted close to 3 hours. Three 1:1 and one 2:1. Mostly conversational questions with the exception of the 2:1 interview which posed some pretty difficult, behavioral type questions. Thought it went well but they never attempted to contact me afterwards.

Interview Question – What part of your resume are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Travelers Companies

Interview Details – Submitted application and resume, received a email within two weeks to set up a phone interview, then moved on to come into the home office for a all day interview session after meeting with about 5 different people.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, but other interns who had worked there in the past did.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview, panel interview, team building activities

Interview Question – Provide in detail the digest life mistake and how did you learn from the mistake?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!