Travelers Companies Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through my University who got me in contact with the company. After exchanging a few emails and the company reviewing my resume, I had an hour long phone interview with the Select Actuarial. He basically asked me about my personality, computer skills, and my basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs, statistical software, and coding.
This was my first internship interview so I was terribly nervous, but he was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked together with a group on a business related project.
    Tell me about a time you had a conflict with someone you were working with, how you resolved the conflict, and rate your relationship with the person after this conflict.
    If a coin is flipped 10 times and lands on heads each time what is the chance that it will land heads again on the 11th flip?
    How does a drivers age effect their risk of getting in a car accident?
    What projects would you be interested in doing as an intern at this company?
    Additional questions based on the content of my resume.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I have already knew one of the employers, who is working at the reserve analysis department of the company. I told him that I am interested in an intern position, and asked him if there are any opportunities. He told his managers, and since they are very overloaded, asked me to attend an interview. The whole interview took at least 5 hours, I have spoken with 5 different person. Each of them first looked on my resume, and asked me to tell them about myself. After a couple of minutes they started to aks questions about my personality, how I would solve different problems, situations, you know, the usual behavioral interview questions. They also wanted to think about some general problems related to insurance. After 50 minutes, I had the opportunity to ask questions from them, and after one hour passed, we said goodby.
    Every person was very kind and friendly, even the manager who leads the team I am trying to get into.

Interview Questions

• If you look for some behavioral based questions, there wont be any problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Resume, Cover letter, pretty standard hiring process. Very helpful website. Interview was set up after a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral--pretty straight forward. Everyone was very nice   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

The process was relatively simple and direct. I was interviewed in front of a VP of Underwriting and a few underwriting managers.

Interview Questions

• Know about the industry specifics and specifics about your division.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

The interviewer had a set of basic questions ready to ask. The interview was a little conversational and relaxed but still ran along the guided questions. There were some behavioral questions as expected and also a question of how I researched the company. Overall the interviewer was very friendly and I had a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult or unexpected, but if I had to pick it would be how I researched the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

2 month process starting with interviews on campus. Good experience and very organized process. Interviewers were very friendly. Final interviews located in Hartford office.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Phone interview and in-person

Interview Questions

• Explain to me what underwriting is   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was very casual, asked a multitude of behavioral questions, very few technical questions. The interviewer was very friendly and seemed more focused on discovering personality than technical ability. The first interview was a 30 minute session with one person, second was several 30 minute sessions with different employees.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you were required to make a tough decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Career Center set up Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Blue Bell, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview first with HR staff. It went well and there wasn't any difficult questions. A week or so later she set up an on-site interview for at the offices that I was applying for. Went into the office and had 4 different interviews which lasted close to 3 hours. Three 1:1 and one 2:1. Mostly conversational questions with the exception of the 2:1 interview which posed some pretty difficult, behavioral type questions. Thought it went well but they never attempted to contact me afterwards.