Travelers Companies

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – The process was relatively simple and direct. I was interviewed in front of a VP of Underwriting and a few underwriting managers.

Interview Question – Know about the industry specifics and specifics about your division.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – The interviewer had a set of basic questions ready to ask. The interview was a little conversational and relaxed but still ran along the guided questions. There were some behavioral questions as expected and also a question of how I researched the company. Overall the interviewer was very friendly and I had a positive experience.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too difficult or unexpected, but if I had to pick it would be how I researched the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – 2 month process starting with interviews on campus. Good experience and very organized process. Interviewers were very friendly. Final interviews located in Hartford office.

Interview Question – Basic Accounting Questions on Financial Statements   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2012.

Interview Details – Career Center set up Interview

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you had to work as a group.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Phone interview and in-person

Interview Question – Explain to me what underwriting is   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview with a recruiter and then three different interviews with hiring managers of three different departments.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Blue Bell, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview first with HR staff. It went well and there wasn't any difficult questions. A week or so later she set up an on-site interview for at the offices that I was applying for. Went into the office and had 4 different interviews which lasted close to 3 hours. Three 1:1 and one 2:1. Mostly conversational questions with the exception of the 2:1 interview which posed some pretty difficult, behavioral type questions. Thought it went well but they never attempted to contact me afterwards.

Interview Question – What part of your resume are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Travelers Companies

Interview Details – Submitted application and resume, received a email within two weeks to set up a phone interview, then moved on to come into the home office for a all day interview session after meeting with about 5 different people.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, but other interns who had worked there in the past did.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview, panel interview, team building activities

Interview Question – Provide in detail the digest life mistake and how did you learn from the mistake?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Intern Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was called one day to set up the first phone interview. 1st phone interview are very general questions: location preference; expected graduation date; where do you see yourself in 5 years; why do you apply travelers?; what experience do you have; Do you have any previous intern experience? The second phone interview is more technical.

Interview Question – Why do you interest in working in insurance field   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Travelers Companies

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies Intern interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees and interview candidates.