Travelers Companies

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

I have already knew one of the employers, who is working at the reserve analysis department of the company. I told him that I am interested in an intern position, and asked him if there are any opportunities. He told his managers, and since they are very overloaded, asked me to attend an interview. The whole interview took at least 5 hours, I have spoken with 5 different person. Each of them first looked on my resume, and asked me to tell them about myself. After a couple of minutes they started to aks questions about my personality, how I would solve different problems, situations, you know, the usual behavioral interview questions. They also wanted to think about some general problems related to insurance. After 50 minutes, I had the opportunity to ask questions from them, and after one hour passed, we said goodby.
Every person was very kind and friendly, even the manager who leads the team I am trying to get into.

Interview Questions
  • If you look for some behavioral based questions, there wont be any problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Resume, Cover letter, pretty standard hiring process. Very helpful website. Interview was set up after a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all behavioral--pretty straight forward. Everyone was very nice   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

The process was relatively simple and direct. I was interviewed in front of a VP of Underwriting and a few underwriting managers.

Interview Questions
    • Know about the industry specifics and specifics about your division.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

The interviewer had a set of basic questions ready to ask. The interview was a little conversational and relaxed but still ran along the guided questions. There were some behavioral questions as expected and also a question of how I researched the company. Overall the interviewer was very friendly and I had a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult or unexpected, but if I had to pick it would be how I researched the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

2 month process starting with interviews on campus. Good experience and very organized process. Interviewers were very friendly. Final interviews located in Hartford office.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Phone interview and in-person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2012.

Career Center set up Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2012.

Had a phone interview first with HR staff. It went well and there wasn't any difficult questions. A week or so later she set up an on-site interview for at the offices that I was applying for. Went into the office and had 4 different interviews which lasted close to 3 hours. Three 1:1 and one 2:1. Mostly conversational questions with the exception of the 2:1 interview which posed some pretty difficult, behavioral type questions. Thought it went well but they never attempted to contact me afterwards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2012.

Interview with a recruiter and then three different interviews with hiring managers of three different departments.

Intern Interview

Submitted application and resume, received a email within two weeks to set up a phone interview, then moved on to come into the home office for a all day interview session after meeting with about 5 different people.

Did not negotiate, but other interns who had worked there in the past did.