Travelers Companies

Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

Internship Interview

Got two phone calls from HR. One to see if I was still interested in the position, the other to schedule the phone interview. Phone interview was an hour long. Hardly asked me any behavioral questions. Asked where do you see yourself in 3 years? It was mostly technical questions (asked a lot of statistical questions) and a ton of auto insurance questions.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Travelers is an insurance company. And I applied for the summer intern in Hartford, Connecticuts. I applied through campus recruiting and got an interview about 2 weeks after sending the application. Interview lasted for an hour with technical questions. Very friendly managers and it was a good experience. If you want to do well in the interview, you really need to prepare yourself well!

Underwriter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

One interview. Went smoothly. Very easy to find out what questions were by asking around online. The men were very nice who interviewed me and I had several emails back and forth before they never responded with a yes or no for a second interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Applied online, got an email 2 days later to do a 15 minute phone interview. After the conversation the recruiter said she'd like to schedule me for an exam in almost a month's time, and to fill out a background report. First thing is they give you a typing test which if you fail under 35 wpm you're told to leave in front of everyone. If you pass that you stay for the 4 hour exam. There was a math portion, an insurance like portion where you have to find and decide information in a document. And some general find the error, spelling, and grammar tests. I got a call that night, around 7:30, from the call center manager to come in the next week for an in person interview. It was with the general manager and a regular manager, basic customer service/interview questions, thought I did well. They said they'd get back to me in 2 weeks, emailed me 3 days later saying I didn't get the job. Job pay was 38k a year

Analytics Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Went to a career fair and they got my resume and asked me to call for the interview. Asked me how i would build a model. went through by resume with me and asked questions.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Process was not too formal. Initial phone interview and in person with two people. There was a background check and drug test. There were no trick questions and no skills test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Typical questions on my work history.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

I filled out an online application for the position. I was called the next day and had a phine interview with a gentleman. He asked me to take a call center test online and depending on my scores, I would move in to a face to face interview. Two days later, I received a phone call that I passed my online testing. I went for an in-person interview that was considerably shorter than what I was told to expect (1-2 hours). I never received a return call, but I figured that I did not get the job when the interview did not last longer than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to make a difficult decision and how you made that decision.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

I applied in November, was contacted in December by HR. I did a phone screening and then scheduled an on site interview. I interviewed with the head of Underwriting separately. Then the hiring manager, an HR rep and the hiring managers boss. Everyone was very friendly and while it was a behavioral question interview, it was very conversational and easy going.

Getting an offer took a while as it was in December around the holidays.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, they gave a more than fair offer.

Automobile Claims Representative Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

I applied online and after two week I reviewed a phone call to set a phone interview. When the interviewer called she was rude and got my profile messed up.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you been a doctor? What states are you license? It's a claims rep trainee position that I've applied to. She kept on asking if I knew anybody that works for Travelers?   View Answer

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

Contacted via phone and email within a week of submitting resume. Set up the initial interview about a week later. Met with three people, all were warm and very friendly. Standard interview questions (situational/behavioral stuff). Interview ended with me asking them questions. No offer, unfortunately, but overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you handle it? Did it cause friction afterward?   Answer Question