Travelers Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst

Interviewed at Travelers Companies

Interview Details – It wasn't too difficult, there was a verbal and mathematical test. You will be interviewed by three people, most likely the Hiring Manager and two people that have gone through the program.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was negotiation.

Claim Operations Specialist Interview

Claim Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – The first step was the phone interview which was about 30 mins. If the phone interview went well, they offer to schedule an In-person interview which is about 30 mins. The next step is a panel interview for 4 hours. I was not offered the position so this was as far as I got.

Interview Question – It was all typical interview questions. They want actual events for an answer and not hypothetical responses.   Answer Question

Account Service Representative Interview

Account Service Representative
Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online - received phone call within a couple hours of posting resume and local office set up a phone interview with department in Virginia - Phone interview went well and I was invited in for assessment testing. Assessment was a timed multiple choice from a book and write your response on a separate sheet of paper. Each section was 15 -20 minutes. Assessment was timed and began with math, accounting and percentage based word problems - a very old school calculator was provided that was hard to operate. Test continued to questions like if yellow comes before blue and blue comes before green what order is __ in. And then a section scanning for errors and discrepancies in columns of numbers. Test moved onto English skills, and to write a simulated email over a customer dispute scenario. Everyone was dismissed after testing and we were told we'd know by the end of the week if we were moving forward. Two days later received email that I was not selected.

Everyone was really nice and I enjoyed the phone interview process. Assessment was very long and the kind that turns your brain into Swiss cheese by the end. The offices looked nice and professional and the break room and bathrooms were spotless. I wish they'd made an offer, it looked like a great place to work.

I'm a new grad with little experience beyond internships and a year long stint in low-level customer service.

Interview Question – Explain a time when . . . behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Product Pricing Development Program Interview

Product Pricing Development Program

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2014.

Interview Details – First Round- done through a phone call. It was about 30 minutes of straightforward behavioral question. The technical question was simply what do you know about the industry. In two days, they contacted me to do a second round. I went to the office in Hartford, where I have a math and reading skills test followed by three 45 minute interviews. Most questions where behavioral

Interview Question – What is an ongoing trend in the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume via email and received a voicemail about a week later to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back a week later from a contracting service saying I received the job and the logistics would be handled through their service.

Interview Question – Describe a project you have worked on with excel and how excel helped you to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Underwriter Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview where they just asked basic personality questions and to find out your interest in the position. They got back to me 3 weeks later for another in-person interview. I interviewed with four different people. I never heard back from them after that. Overall the people at the company where nice but they took a long time to get back to you after the interview.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions like name a time when you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Claims Representative Interview

Auto Damage Claims Representative

Interviewed at Travelers Companies

Interview Details – The interview was a four step process that took about 1 month. The first step was a phone interview with one of their HR staff. The phone interview was very simple and laid back. My interviewer was very nice and mostly asked me questions about my resume and education, with a few scenario questions about my work experience. About a week after the phone interview I was asked to take a 3 hour test that was similar to the SAT, but with the questions geared toward insurance claims. There was really no way to prepare for it, but if you test well, this section of the interview will not be very difficult. Two days after I took the test, I was told that I passed and was asked to come in for an interview with the Claims managers. The interview took about two and a half hours and the questions were mostly scenario questions about how I handled various issues and tasks in my previous work experience. I thought that I did well, but was contacted a few days later with an email turning me down for the job opening. The position payed well and the interview was pretty in-depth, so it was a bummer when I got turned down for the position. I didn't get to the final step, but the fourth step is an interview with the HR managers.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time in your life where you failed or didn't measure up.   Answer Question

Property Claims Representative Interview

Property Claims Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Resume submitted online, contacted by mgmt within the office to conduct phone interview. 2nd interview was with middle management staff, behavioral questions as expected. Third interview started with upper management and HR, and you are eventually matched with one-two current employees for a Peer Interview. Take this opportunity to ask more informal questions about the role (I.e. How long have they been there, expected daily routine, etc).

Interview Question – Think of a time when you were forced to make a business decision without having ALL of the information you needed; what did you do, what was the result, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company "hires ahead", meaning they try to stay competitive by remaining slightly above others in the industry for starting wages. Negotiation for initial salary is highly unlikely.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Saint Paul, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

Interview Details – Referred internally. Interviewed w/ a total of 7 people - two phone w/ HR. Both seemed to go very well. Invited in for interview w/ manager + 2 team members, HR said initial feedback was favorable. Asked to come back two weeks later for 2nd round. Interviewed w/ 2 VP's. 6 weeks later and still no answer up or down despite calls to internal HR recruiter. Unbelievable lack of professionalism. Up or down folkes. "No answer" indicates a culture of arrogance and lack of respect for applicants.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral questions - "Tell me a time when you..."   View Answer

Workers Comp Interview

Workers Comp

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Phone interviews followed by two in person interviews with three people. Spent about half a day with the team. I signed for a background check. They were very knowledgeable and friendly. One month has passed without any confirmation or rejection.

Interview Question – Unexpected question: they asked a few times about commute.   Answer Question

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!