Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Notice of Loss Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2014.

I had a phone interview with a woman about this position in Independence, OH. She had stated she would send my information to the hiring managers and suggest an in face interview. She said it would be okay to follow-up with her if I didn't hear anything. I followed up with a voicemail about a week later, then a few days after that, and so on and so forth. I never heard back from the manager's or her in regards of me either moving forward or not. The job was reposted about a month after I applied and is still open now, which leads me to assume that they are no longer interested, however the fact that I could not receive an answer on my interview status I felt was very unprofessional. I suggest the company make an effort to let prospective employees know if they are going to honestly move forward in the process, or if they are not going to consider you.

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2014.

First I was contacted by the Recruiter who scheduled a phone interview. This took about 30 minutes with mainly questions about my work history and general behavioral questions. I was contacted to take the assessment test (3 hours) This test was very overwhelming because of the short timeframe given to complete the sections (7 - 8 sections). I was contacted 2 days later to be told I passed the assessment test and wanted to schedule a face to face with a unit manager. This was a panel interview with LOTS of behavioral questions and questions about your work history (what did you do in a previous role) I then met with one of the ladies from the department that went over the job and allowed me to ask questions...I then had an interview with an associate manager and a higher up manager. I left feeling okay about the whole ordeal but am now just waiting to hear one way or the other. The entire hiring process is very intense. Be prepared!!!!

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness?
      Why do you want to work for Travelers?
        Answer Question

Premium Auditor Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Very long response time. It took from date applied online to the first contact via email which included 11 questions about a couple of wks. Then I heard nothing back. I rec'd a phone call and message left on my cell about a month later wanting to set up a phone interview. I returned the call and left 2 phone messages with no response. One month later I get an email from another person asking if I am still interested and sorry the ball was dropped.
    Then I rec'd a response for a phone interview which took about 40 min. I was told by end of wk I would hear back of a possible interview if they were interested. I heard nothing by end of wk and Monday nothing. So I did a follow up email a cpl days later then a cpl days after that I was told this person was out of the office and they were still considering me. I rec'd a call to set up a time for an Assessment test 4 sections each 20 min long. I was not told I would be having any kind of an interview this day just come in for an Assessment test. Much to my surprise I had an hour long interview, one in person the other on the phone. I guess that went well as they then wanted me to do the Assessment test. Pressure on this test as it was timed and he was coming to get your sheet for each section. I didn't get all the way through the first test but he took it anyway and before I had answered 3 of the questions on the next test he came back and said I didn't pass the first test and there was no reason to move forward. UMMMMM guess there is no average here. YOU MUST SCORE HIGH ON EACH ONE to move fwd. This ended ok for me because during the test I seen a call came through and later found it was an offer for a position I applied for and hired me within 5 days of the whole process. Good money and job no test.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me questions of a subject I had never experienced. I couldn't answer it as I was never put in that position. These questions would only be important if you have ever been exposed to them.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

I have already knew one of the employers, who is working at the reserve analysis department of the company. I told him that I am interested in an intern position, and asked him if there are any opportunities. He told his managers, and since they are very overloaded, asked me to attend an interview. The whole interview took at least 5 hours, I have spoken with 5 different person. Each of them first looked on my resume, and asked me to tell them about myself. After a couple of minutes they started to aks questions about my personality, how I would solve different problems, situations, you know, the usual behavioral interview questions. They also wanted to think about some general problems related to insurance. After 50 minutes, I had the opportunity to ask questions from them, and after one hour passed, we said goodby.
    Every person was very kind and friendly, even the manager who leads the team I am trying to get into.

Interview Questions
    • If you look for some behavioral based questions, there wont be any problem.   Answer Question

Credit Research Associate Analyst Interview

I suppose you could say I've completed the first few steps of the interview process. I met with Travelers at a campus career fair. The next day, I had a brief and mostly informal interview with them. Almost all behavioral, with one brain teaser. After that, I had to write a 2-page (max) "essay" which I just sent it. The topic was bonds.

Interview Questions
    • At 6:30, what is the angle between the hour and minute hand?   View Answer

Claims Representative Auto Interview

There is an initial phone interview in which they primarily describe the job and salary requirements. If you pass that you are asked to come in for a group interview. You are paired off with an interviewer, asked fairly routine questions about your work habits, organizational skills and how you deal with timeline and difficult clients/customers. Your responses are rated and scored and if you pass you are invited to come back and take an assessment. My assessment was a timed paper test consisting of 8 parts multiple choice questions. We were also asked to submit a writing sample. Your were given a prompt and asked to write a written response in word, in my case it consisted of a letter from a customer whose claim was denied. We were told why the claim was denied and asked to write a letter to the customer explaining to reason.

Interview Questions
    • Initial interview consisted of questions such as: describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult client/customer. Describe your organizational skills/methods. ect....   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter within 24 hrs but took 3 weeks to schedule 1st phone interview. Next I gave 3 in-person interviews all of them were easy and straightforward. Waiting for final decision

Account Manager/Assistant Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2014.

Process took 2 months. Applied online, got a call from Hr, phone interview, 2nd phone interview with hiring manager. Took a month to schedule my 1st in person interview. Once that was scheduled everything went a little smoother. 3 days later I was got a call back for a final sit down interview with the hiring manager and 2 other people from the Indy office. Very next day I got a call back from hr asking how my interview went and was told I would be hearing something back within the week. 2 weeks went by and I finally heard back from Hr about a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard, very easy interview questions, just do your homework and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Return to Work Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenixville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenixville, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2014.

The initial communication was an open house at a Hilton Hotel. The hours were very convenient and professional dress did not seem necessary. 1st was an explanation of the company, its philosophies, the insurance (WC) from a couple of perspectives, and meeting the director who would probably have oversight of the position (case management director). Next, I met with 2 nurses who do the job. They left me feeling relaxed about my background, and were not intimidating. They talked about day-to-day operations of their positions. Finally, a HR person who appeared to know the position fairly well and allowed for questions re: benefits, salary, although at this time I had none. I wanted to make sure the position was right for me.
    I then rec'd a ph call for a telephonic interview. This covered line by line of my resume. This lasted an hour. By the end, I felt I had a 50/50 chance of another interview. I was informed when they would be calling for a follow-up interview (2 weeks). Before then, I rec'd an email saying the interview process for me was completed. I appreciated the email, rather than having to wait.

Interview Questions
    • The question of: do you think you would like working with people caught me off guard since I not only would be working with several case managers, but claims, and providers.
      Also, what kind of culture of the workplace was I expecting.
        Answer Question

Investigator Workers Compensation Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2014.

Very friendly, laid back and welcoming to new employees. Seem eager to teach new people and sense a quality work life balance. A lot of places come off stiff in an interview, not this organization. They seem to truly enjoy what they do and want to teach others that are willing to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Name a circumstance where you knew you were right about something and could not convince the other party - what did you do?   Answer Question

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!