Travelers Companies Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014
354 interviews

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2014.

I located position off of indeed.com & applied online; process was simple & not lengthy as many websites are. Was contacted within apx. 2-4 business days for telephonic interview as interviewer is located in EST. Telephone interview set for apx 5 days later which I was fine with.

Interview was going well until I cut it off short as I realized there was no way in hell I was going to be working with Travelers. That decision took me about 5 minutes or less to realize and I ended the interview myself after no more than 10 minutes into it. Interview went well until the interviewer realized that I actually had legitimate questions such as this zinger:

Will there be mandatory overtime?
    Her answer: No there is no overtime as the position is SALARY. So sometimes you may have to stay late or come into work when you usually would be off depending on case load.

My answer: Well, I am going to go ahead and stop the interview right here as that's a little too much gray area for me and I can see where this is going to go as if I work more than my sheduled shift I expect to be paid for it. Thanked her for her time and ended the call.

Such a bad juju vibe from this company for more reasons than one just based on that less than 10 minute call. I've got a gut intuition that marvels the majority and working for this company would be hell on earth as right off the bat its clear as glass that your just a number, work horse and that they are going to work the living hell out of you by paying you salary when your NOT even management but an LVN hired for Case Manager work. Trust me there is NO management responsibilities within this job description however they attempt to conceal with with the Case Manager in the title of the position.

I will be writing I think a full review just based on this hellacious interview but I must mention the working conditions I had clarified today as well: Cubicles where you will not have the quiet needed to be strapped to that phone all day nor a shred of privacy either. She confirmed this for me today and had no shame in it either but instead attempted to make me feel as if I was the one with the issue.

Hell No I won't go. Just scratched them off my list of potential employers and I"m already employed FT with an excellent employer just ready for a change. .

Claims Service Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Takes about 2 or 3 weeks to hear from someone about the job. After you apply they let you know if you've moved to next phase which is a skill test, then based on the skills test they will let you know if you have a interview. Between the time I applied and got hired it took about a month

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was the leader in my college class when I had to do group projects   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate -

Pricing Analyst Interview

It wasn't too difficult, there was a verbal and mathematical test. You will be interviewed by three people, most likely the Hiring Manager and two people that have gone through the program.

There was negotiation.

Claim Operations Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

The first step was the phone interview which was about 30 mins. If the phone interview went well, they offer to schedule an In-person interview which is about 30 mins. The next step is a panel interview for 4 hours. I was not offered the position so this was as far as I got.

Interview Questions
    • It was all typical interview questions. They want actual events for an answer and not hypothetical responses.   Answer Question

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2014.

Applied online - received phone call within a couple hours of posting resume and local office set up a phone interview with department in Virginia - Phone interview went well and I was invited in for assessment testing. Assessment was a timed multiple choice from a book and write your response on a separate sheet of paper. Each section was 15 -20 minutes. Assessment was timed and began with math, accounting and percentage based word problems - a very old school calculator was provided that was hard to operate. Test continued to questions like if yellow comes before blue and blue comes before green what order is __ in. And then a section scanning for errors and discrepancies in columns of numbers. Test moved onto English skills, and to write a simulated email over a customer dispute scenario. Everyone was dismissed after testing and we were told we'd know by the end of the week if we were moving forward. Two days later received email that I was not selected.

Everyone was really nice and I enjoyed the phone interview process. Assessment was very long and the kind that turns your brain into Swiss cheese by the end. The offices looked nice and professional and the break room and bathrooms were spotless. I wish they'd made an offer, it looked like a great place to work.

I'm a new grad with little experience beyond internships and a year long stint in low-level customer service.

Product Pricing Development Program Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2014.

First Round- done through a phone call. It was about 30 minutes of straightforward behavioral question. The technical question was simply what do you know about the industry. In two days, they contacted me to do a second round. I went to the office in Hartford, where I have a math and reading skills test followed by three 45 minute interviews. Most questions where behavioral

No negotiation

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2014.

Submitted a resume via email and received a voicemail about a week later to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. Heard back a week later from a contracting service saying I received the job and the logistics would be handled through their service.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project you have worked on with excel and how excel helped you to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

I first had a phone interview where they just asked basic personality questions and to find out your interest in the position. They got back to me 3 weeks later for another in-person interview. I interviewed with four different people. I never heard back from them after that. Overall the people at the company where nice but they took a long time to get back to you after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions like name a time when you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Claims Representative Interview

The interview was a four step process that took about 1 month. The first step was a phone interview with one of their HR staff. The phone interview was very simple and laid back. My interviewer was very nice and mostly asked me questions about my resume and education, with a few scenario questions about my work experience. About a week after the phone interview I was asked to take a 3 hour test that was similar to the SAT, but with the questions geared toward insurance claims. There was really no way to prepare for it, but if you test well, this section of the interview will not be very difficult. Two days after I took the test, I was told that I passed and was asked to come in for an interview with the Claims managers. The interview took about two and a half hours and the questions were mostly scenario questions about how I handled various issues and tasks in my previous work experience. I thought that I did well, but was contacted a few days later with an email turning me down for the job opening. The position payed well and the interview was pretty in-depth, so it was a bummer when I got turned down for the position. I didn't get to the final step, but the fourth step is an interview with the HR managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time in your life where you failed or didn't measure up.   Answer Question

Property Claims Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Resume submitted online, contacted by mgmt within the office to conduct phone interview. 2nd interview was with middle management staff, behavioral questions as expected. Third interview started with upper management and HR, and you are eventually matched with one-two current employees for a Peer Interview. Take this opportunity to ask more informal questions about the role (I.e. How long have they been there, expected daily routine, etc).

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you were forced to make a business decision without having ALL of the information you needed; what did you do, what was the result, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    The company "hires ahead", meaning they try to stay competitive by remaining slightly above others in the industry for starting wages. Negotiation for initial salary is highly unlikely.

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!