Travelers Companies

321 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Return to Work Case Manager Interview

Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online in January. Recieved call back for a phone interview at the end of January and was informed I was a strong candidate with exactly the background they were looking for and my resume would be forwarded on for a face to face interview. Heard nothing back and assumed I had not been moved on. Was called in for a face to face interview with two hiring managers at the end of February. Interview went great and after the interview they asked me to sit with an employee and shadow them for an hour. This also went well and I really liked whatb I saw. Hiring manager told me they would be making their decision the next week. Heard nothing for three weeks and again assumed I had not gotten the position. Then I got a call from the hiring manager informing me they had gotten a lot of resumes but I was still one of their top candidates and to "sit tight". Heard nothing for another two weeks and was then called back by hiring manager and asked to come in for a second interview. They had said nothing about a second interview in the previous phone call or first interview. Went in for second interview and was told I would be interviewing with two different hiring managers. Interviewers were very unfriendly and monotoned and acted like they did not want to be there. Completely different atmosphere from the first interview. Was informed they would be doing more interviews over the next two weeks to narrow down the field of candidates again and would then bring candidates back for a third interview with human resources. Assumed they did not like me but on the way out the hiring manager told me again that I was still one of their top candidates and I did a great job on my second interview. Heard nothing for another two weeks. Got a phone call today from hiring manager that they would not be moving me forward in the interview process and no explanation why. I have a masters degree and strong experience in this position. The employee I shadowed for an hour told me they did not have a degree and their background was a work out trainer. So I can only assume I was not moved on because I was overly qualified for the position. The whole process took three months. Complete waste of my time.

Interview Question – Interview questions at both interviews were behavior style questions and read from a packet. The interviewers took turns answering the questions and the wrote down my answers in the packets. Standard interview questions, nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Very friendly; most questions deal with behavior and scenarios rather than skills

Interview Question – What is a misconception others have of you?   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview, laid-back interview process.

Interview Question – Why underwriting?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication was via response email with a follow up screening interview over the phone. This was followed by two in person interviews on different days; one with a small group from the department (basically another screening interview) and another, later interview with a "committee" that asked very typical "situational" questions.

Interview Question – Please describe a situation in which you failed miserably and how you handled the failure.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiating. I was able to secure some additional vacation.

Workers Compensation Adjuster Trainee Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2014.

Interview Details – applied online got an interview two weeks later and had a man a woman interview me they didn't explain or describe the position or company they asked me off the bat to explain the position I applied for they the woman was very condescending continued to act like she wasn't interested and didn't know what I was talking about she wasn't even writing my answers down during the interview it sure if she was aware of the rude faces she was making....I was told I would no either way within two weeks didn't happen so I sent an email never was written back then received a denial letter in the mail a week or so after that

Interview Question – mostly behavioral and past customer experiences   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Interviewed in fall of senior year at college for the PPDP. Phone interview with market analyst, 30 minutes. 2 weeks later, invited to final round on site in Hartford. Took 1 hour math/verbal test (SAT difficulty, not hard at all). Two 45 minute interviews after that. Then an hour at a restaurant for lunch with one candidate and 2 analysts. One more 45 minute interview after lunch, ended up being 1 hr. 15 minutes. Offer extended 1 week later via phone.

Interview Questions

• What are some trends you have noticed over the past few years in the insurance industry?   Answer Question
  • If you inherited a gas station, what would your strategy be, immediately and then over time?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple levels of screening. Phone interviews with Recruiter followed by HR manager, then typically one or two rounds of interviews with the candidate, with atlease one face to face interview. Typical interviews are 1x1, though I have seen panels in few instances.

Interview Question – Challenges related to manage competing project demands, stakeholder management and inefficient team dynamics   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in April 2010.

Interview Details – 4 interviews all together, 1 phone 3 in person, with a 4 hour competency test for math, writing, listening, and problem solving skills

Interview Question – How would you calm someone on a phone call right after they experience the death of a loved one.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – pretty much dragged me through 12 different hoops to get the position then when i heard the yearly salary i pretty much knew i would not be with this company very long i just needed a paycheck while i'm in school and figured i would use their tuition reimbursement and move on after getting degree to a company that knows how to compensate.

Interview Question – who do i go to for resources?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation because they are cheap

Insurance Service Representative Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2014.

Interview Details – phone screening, 2 computer assessment tests and 1 in person interview

Interview Question – Standard behavior interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – still in process

Interviews for Top Jobs at Travelers Companies

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies interview questions and advice. All 321 interview reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees and interview candidates.