Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Auto Claims Representative, Experienced Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Richardson, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online 7/19. Then I received an Email the next day, Monday July 20 giving a date and time of the next available Phone interview time, which I responded and accepted. The Email stated the phone interview would last about 60 minutes but it only took about 35. It started with some small talk and gradually worked into some basic screening questions: How I heard about the company, My salary expectations (had to give a number), checking the details of my Resume/work experience. Also, I was given details about the company and the job I was applying for. I gave an outline of what my current work day was like, how I prioritized and then asked to define a series of insurance related words/phrases; nothing complex, just simple everyday insurance words like Reservation of Rights, subrogation, comprehensive, etc. At the end she asked me what questions I had and I asked a couple. At the end of the phone interview, she stated that another representative would be contacting me within a week to setup a time to come and complete an assessment. She set the expectation that if I passed the assessment, I would be setup for an interview the same day but if I failed, I would not go any further in the process. I received a link later that same night to complete a job application through their website and was contacted the next day, 7/23, by phone by the representative to setup the assessment. I set it up for the next Friday, 7/31, but was contacted on Monday, 7/27, by the same representative to reschedule to 8/7 and was also told to complete the application before coming to the assessment. The application was simple data entry of your Resume. The education was difficult for me since I had not graduated but for prior than current education, you can only choose a degree, so I did not add my older education so I would not have to choose graduated and explain it later. Besides that, it is just data entry of your resume with additional questions such as "May we contact this employer" and "why did you leave this position." The Assessment was at 8:30 AM 8/7 at the Richardson office and was done in a computer lab with a lady overseeing. It was fairly easy with 8 parts: 1. Writing a letter to an upset customer about an issue with coverage, 2. A typing test (account info data entry, entering multiple fields of name, address, date, date of birth, social, account number, title, occupation, etc - over and over until time runs out) 3. A multiple choice Math test (30 questions) 4. A reading comprehension 5. A grammatical comprehension (including identifying misspelled words) 6. interpreting accident diagrams and accident situations 7. Policy and other occupational situations and how you would answer 8. Personality test (115 questions of repeated, run of the mill personality questions) You then sit in the hall while she finishes grading the tests and she will come out and tell you whether you passed or failed. If you pass, which I did, she'll give you a time to come back for the interview. Mine was at 2:00 PM and I was done at 11:00 AM so I was able to go home and relax and come back. The 2:00 PM interview was a group panel with two current supervisors in the claims department. It was very relaxed as others set and they got you to feel relaxed from the start which was nice. Then, we went over a few questions on why I want the position and what I am looking for, what I like in a position, etc. I've listed every question they asked below. The background questions were followed by behavioral questions / situational questions. They tell you to use true examples, but you can use from current job, previous job, personal life or family. Then ended with questions I had. I asked three good questions, but i think that I could/should have asked more. After I said I had no more questions, they said they are currently hiring on a 2-3 week rolling format so they will review all the applicants and if I am selected, they will call me back to sit with an associate and interview with their bosses and a head from Virginia as well. And that was it I received an Email on 8/14 stating that I was not selected for the position from the lady who had setup the assessment. I also received another Email saying that the position had been filled and was no long available. That was it. Wish I would have made it through but overall it wasn't a bad process and is worth a try if you're interested. It seems like a great company to work for. Once again, all questions that I was asked in the interview with the two supervisors are below.

Interview Questions

• What's your 3-5 year plan? Largest Medical claim that you have settled What Team culture do you like What are you looking for in a company What would your supervisor say about you if he/she was here right now?   Answer Question
    • Give a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? (how did it turn out) Give a time when you disagreed with a decision your team made and what did you do about it and how did you repair the relationship? Give a time when you had more work than you could handle in a day and how did you deal with it and what was the outcome? Give me a time when you disagreed with your supervisor & how did it make you feel?   Answer Question
    • Describe when you had to make a quick decision without all the info & what was the outcome? Give me a time when you gave empathy in a dire situation? Give me an example when you could not provide the service you wanted to to help a customer? GIve me a situation where someone was giving you the run around   Answer Question

Processes Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX).

Interview

I first had a phone screening interview through human resources, then an interview was set up with the hiring manager. Since the hiring manager was located at a different location, that interview was also a phone interview and took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had to keep information confidential? Please explains that situation and how you kept the information confidential.   1 Answer

Claim Representative Trainee Inside Auto Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Richardson, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied August 5th and received an email to confirm a phone interview on the 13th. Day came and its was regular STAR based questions. I was asked to take a test and told I would not be able to move forward if I didn't pass it. I took the test on the 26th at their office (parking is horrible) and passed. I was then told I would do a face to face interview the same day. It was a panel interview with two managers. They took turns asking questions from a script and I thought I did very well. When I went to check my status on the jobs site the next day it said no longer under consideration. I have not yet received the official email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a job that contained repetition and a work load that seemed never ending.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Overland Park, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and within a week, I received an email to set up a phone interview with the HR recruiter to get to know me a little more and find out what I am looking for. A week later, I received a phone call to set up a face to face interview. I scheduled the interview for a week later to meet for a panel interview. The interview questions were basic in nature. What are your weaknesses, strengths, etc. At the end of the interview, I didn't feel I wanted to pursue the job further. The employees I came across didn't look happy.

Interview Questions

• What would you employer say was something you needed to work on   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad at all, but quite lengthy. My interview was scheduled for 11 and I left the building around 1:30. I was not informed over the phone that I would be interviewed by a panel, but the night before after reading other testimonials, I was prepared for a panel or a series of interviews. Long story short, I was interviewed by 3 individuals at once (2 directors and 1 manager). I was overall comfortable in the situation. The questions were normal behavioral questions, however they want you to EXPLAIN IN DETAIL. You definitely have to think and pause for a moment to answer many of them. The interview quickly turned more personal and relaxed after about 10 minutes (they wanted to learn about me as a person thru my experiences and and education). After an hour and a half, I was asked to shadow an employee for about 30 minutes. I was told I know something in the forthcoming weeks with no specific date. The following business day I sent thank you emails to my interviewers. After 3 weeks I have no answer. I reached out to one of the directors and she informed me they are still in the decision making process. I am still remaining patient and optimistic.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview differently than any you have had before?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly. I interviewed with a total of 5 people. By the end, it is difficult to be on your best game. It was stressful but an overall enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Richardson, TX).

Interview

This was my first interview with Travelers.. I applied online on Indeed then I received a phone call from HR wanting to set up a face to face interview. I interviewed with Two Women. Both took turns asking me questions. Interview lasted about 35 minutes. A lot of behavioral questions. Overall, it went pretty well.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email from an HR Recruiter in 1-2 days to set up a phone interview. The recruiter called on time and was very pleasant…asked standard questions (why are you looking for another job, why Travelers, etc) and went over my resume. After the conversation, I was told that my information would be forwarded to the regional office I applied to and someone there would contact me if there was an interest. The recruiter said to follow-up within a week if I had not heard from anyone. The Corporate HR gets an “A++++.” In 1-2 days, I received a phone from someone at the regional office to set up an in person interview. I met with two unit managers…nice people. Both went over the training program and the job. We discussed my resume so be prepared to talk about your experience. The interview questions are standard and situation-based (please tell me about a time…, please describe a situation…). While the interview wasn’t bad, the excitement I had for the position was no longer there. I don’t know how to describe it…the vibe didn’t feel right. I didn’t tour the entire building, but the people I saw there didn’t look happy. I moved up to the final interview process. All the candidates meet individually with small groups of unit managers. We were required to write a small essay about why we wanted the job and why we wanted to work for Traveler’s. The interview questions are situation-based so make sure you have some stories to tell and examples to give. I personally did not like this interview process…it felt like a “cattle call” where applicants are herded into different rooms. Another frustration was being asked the same questions by different unit managers. The managers are allotted a time limit to interview (30 minutes), giving you very little or no time to ask questions. When I left the interview, I didn’t want the job…nothing wrong with the position, but that office had some “bad juju.” Those who have been in the workplace trenches know exactly what I am talking about.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job? How did you hear about the opportunity at Traveler’s? Please walk us through your typical work day? How do you prioritize and stay organized? How do handle someone who is upset? How do you go about delivering bad news? Have you ever made a mistake that had a negative impact? Why do you think your skills will be a good fit for the job? How do you handle stress? Describe a time when you felt like breaking confidentiality?   Answer Question

General Liability Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The testing process was horrible. I wish someone would have warned me. I would have spent time preparing by timing myself. It is a timed test. Unfortunately, I havent taken a timed test in many years and am the kind of person who rather have the right, most complete answer, rather than rushing through.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult question portion of the testing process?   1 Answer

Claims Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call with a recruiter within two weeks. The phone interview went great and was told I would receive a call from the hiring managers within two weeks. I got a call three days later. Two days later, I received an email saying the position has already been filled and is no longer available.

Interview Questions

• Name a mistake you made and how you rectified it? Tell us about yourself? How do you usually make a decision and give an example?   Answer Question