Travelers Companies

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Getting the Interview

322 candidate interviews

AADLP Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2013.

Interview Details – telephone interview

Interview Question – What's the biggest challenge in the industry?
Describe one of your programming experience.
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – The interviewer had a set of basic questions ready to ask. The interview was a little conversational and relaxed but still ran along the guided questions. There were some behavioral questions as expected and also a question of how I researched the company. Overall the interviewer was very friendly and I had a positive experience.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too difficult or unexpected, but if I had to pick it would be how I researched the company.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview

Interview Question – List a time you went above and beyond for your client   View Answer

Property Adjuster Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – 1. Pre interview phone interview asking basic questions and behavioral questions. If you have claims experience then use it.
2. Aptitude test at the corporate office. Reading comprehension, math, behavioral, spelling, excel spreadsheet, and writing a bad newsletter.
3. Interview with unit manager pending.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Underwriting Interview

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Applied in October
Had a phone interview Nov 15
Had 2nd follow up face to face interview November 21st

Said they were still in process of interviewing and will receive an email with offer or decline

Interview Question – Were a lot of questions about Explain a situation when........   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Statistician

I applied through other source - interviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2013.

Interview Details – First a phone interview then onsite

Interview Question – most of them are very easy, they ask me how to model , what will happen if the price of insurance is the same for all of people   Answer Question

Director Call Center Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Travelers Insurance.
WOW - VP/Director (HS Graduates) looking to hire a Director with MBA qualifications. Go figure; already had a local candidate in mind. They struggled with 'examples' and experiences because both didn't graduate from college and preferred a non-graduate to 'provide' a well grounded down to earth feel at the center. I am not sure what that means but the interview was cut short by them cutting me off while I provided an answer to a question. I didn't hear from them after that, needless to say i won't be buying ANY insurance from this company.

Interview Question – How does your MBA compare to someone with 15 years of call center experience?   Answer Question

Ocean Marine Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Best interview process I've had.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Just be honest.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to do the initial phone interview. Lasted about 20 minutes: why insurance, what are your goals in the next few years, tell me about yourself. Two weeks later received another call to schedule an in-person interview.

Interview Question – None, pretty typical questions on phone interview.   Answer Question

AALDP Intern Interview

Interviewed at Travelers Companies

Interview Details – I got a phone interview from travelvers. It lasted about one hour. The interviewers went through my resume, my recent project, and general questions such as why this company. They also asked technical questions about R and SAS, and asked several case study.

Interview Question – travel light in NYC   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Travelers Companies

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies interview questions and advice. All 322 interview reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees and interview candidates.