Travelers Companies

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

In-House Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2014.

The interview process is long an exhausting. It is a process which involves telephone interviews and multiple in-person interviews. It will take many, many months to go through the process, as well as many, many months to learn about the results. The interviewers are pleasant and engaging, however.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to be well prepared for the interview and have a good understanding about the work you will do and the corporate culture.   Answer Question

Automobile Claims Representative Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

I applied online and after two week I reviewed a phone call to set a phone interview. When the interviewer called she was rude and got my profile messed up.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you been a doctor? What states are you license? It's a claims rep trainee position that I've applied to. She kept on asking if I knew anybody that works for Travelers?   View Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in February 2014.

They ask too many personal questions that have no bearing on your job. If you have any type of disability or need reasonable accommodation- do not apply. They try to find out all of your personal business and press for information that is not related to whether you can perform or not. I actually did not want the job after interviewing with them.

Interview Questions
    • They check your credit- if it happens to be bad that may be WHY YOU NEED a JOB!!   Answer Question

Inside Auto Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2014.

I applied online. I was called a few weeks later for a phone screening. This phone screening lasted about 20 minutes. About a week after the phone screening, I was invited to an open house at the Wyomissing location. The open house was an excellent experience. There was an overview given to the group about the company and then we were assembled into small groups where a manger gave an overview to the position. After the small group we were taken to another room and given a one on one interview. After the interview we were offered snacks and taken to listen to a few VPs tell us more about the company. After meeting the VPs we were allowed to speak to current employees. We were allowed to ask them just about anything. Everyone was very nice and everyone really seemed to enjoy working for Travelers. About a week after the open house I was asked to take an assessment test. This was actually eight SAT type tests. Some of these tests were pretty difficult. Hopefully I will hear back soon to see if I passed and if I will continue the process.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions, give me an example of a time you... This was not difficult.   Answer Question

Insurance Operations Leadershipo Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in September 2014.

Met recruiters at the career fair. Signed up and did a first round interview on campus. Was requested via email for an on-site second round interview. Completed a full day interview.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in August 2011.

Be prepared for the interview with a clear understanding of the company, financial strength, leadership and stock history. The HR recruiter will screen you first to determine if you are a right fit for the company. You will then typically hear from the hiring manager to discuss your background and credentials. The last interview may be with a senior manager to make the final decision.

Minimal negotiation opportunity. PTO is not negotiable.

Actuary Interview

I applied online. They then scheduled a phone interview and I spoke with someone who had gone through the AALDP. I then went to Travelers for an on-site full day interview. I had 4 interviews and met 6 other students in the program. They emailed within a week letting me know their decision.

First Party Medical Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Apply online, then phone interview and if you pass that an assessment at their facility. Then meet with 2 unit mangers, their mangers and the VP with HR director. The whole process is ridiculously long. They are very friendly to different ethnicities. The pride themselves on be equal opportunity employer but they don't uphold this policy! My interview was a joke and waste of time. If you are looking to work for an insurance that's for the employees I would try and more popular company....get my FLO!

Total Loss Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted for about 45 min to an hour. Received a phone call a couple of days later from HR to set up a time to take the assessment. Assessment was 8 parts. Not too hard but very lengthy! Took about 3 hours. Received a phone call from HR the same day after the assessment and was informed I had passed and a manager would contact me the next week. Manager contacted me 6 business days later to set up interview. Said it would be 4 hour interview with 2 or 3 different panels. Interviewing this week. Will update once interview is done. Process so far has been about 3 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Do you think a someone's GPA describes their work ethic?   Answer Question

Outside Property Adjuster Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Initial phone interview to review resume, then assessment test which I had taken prior to back in 2010 from another interview so no retake necessary. Received call for face to face interview with 2 managers, then phone interview with Product Manager and a final phone interview with VP of Claims and HR Director. Process was long only because they were in no rush.

Interview Questions
    • Common Behavioral Based interview questions. Examples with results, and why travelers   Answer Question
    None, travelers is a top payer in the industry so offers made usually have no negotiations