Travelers Companies

Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

ITLDP Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2015.

Had a 1st round interview which was mainly behavioral questions. After passing 1st round interview, was told to prepare a 10 minute presentation to present at the 2nd round interview about tech in the business world. 2nd round interview at their Hartford location included 5 interviews(1 was technical). The interviews were again largely behavioral questions, a lot of "tell me about a time..." style questions. Would recommend having at least ten STAR stories prepared. Technical interview was largely about how you would approach client issues in app development, and other case study questions. Everyone was very friendly and location was gorgeous. Get there early however, easy to miss the parking entrance for interviewees.

Interview Questions
    • There is a 50 cup bucket of water. You have a 3 cup bucket and a 5 cup bucket. How do you go about measuring 4 cups?   View Answers (2)
    • How would you go about designing an application for a bakery that sells cakes? What features would you include and why?   Answer Question

Wanted to do strictly engineering, rather than IT work. Pay could have been better.

Senior Paralegal Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2015.

I applied through their online site & had a phone interview with a lady in HR a couple of weeks later. She said she was impressed, liked me and my background, and would refer me to the next level, an interview with the local office. I called her two weeks later but I never heard back again.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked pretty specific questions about my responsibilities in my prior position.   Answer Question

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2015.

Very long process. First if your application online is approved, you will have a 20-30 minute phone interview, very basic and simple. If approved, 2 weeks later you come in for a 6 part, 3 1/2 hr general knowledge test involving simple typing, math, and English comprehension excercises. You must pass all parts of the test, and if you do, 2 weeks later you will have an interview lasting 45 minutes to an hour, this is the final step of the process

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had conflict at your previous employment position and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • Name a specific time when you went above and beyond at your precious employer   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Process was not too formal. Initial phone interview and in person with two people. There was a background check and drug test. There were no trick questions and no skills test.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Typical questions on my work history.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

I filled out an online application for the position. I was called the next day and had a phine interview with a gentleman. He asked me to take a call center test online and depending on my scores, I would move in to a face to face interview. Two days later, I received a phone call that I passed my online testing. I went for an in-person interview that was considerably shorter than what I was told to expect (1-2 hours). I never received a return call, but I figured that I did not get the job when the interview did not last longer than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to make a difficult decision and how you made that decision.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

I applied in November, was contacted in December by HR. I did a phone screening and then scheduled an on site interview. I interviewed with the head of Underwriting separately. Then the hiring manager, an HR rep and the hiring managers boss. Everyone was very friendly and while it was a behavioral question interview, it was very conversational and easy going.

Getting an offer took a while as it was in December around the holidays.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, they gave a more than fair offer.

Automobile Claims Representative Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

I applied online and after two week I reviewed a phone call to set a phone interview. When the interviewer called she was rude and got my profile messed up.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you been a doctor? What states are you license? It's a claims rep trainee position that I've applied to. She kept on asking if I knew anybody that works for Travelers?   View Answer

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in December 2014.

Contacted via phone and email within a week of submitting resume. Set up the initial interview about a week later. Met with three people, all were warm and very friendly. Standard interview questions (situational/behavioral stuff). Interview ended with me asking them questions. No offer, unfortunately, but overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you handle it? Did it cause friction afterward?   Answer Question

First Party Medical Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Apply online, then phone interview and if you pass that an assessment at their facility. Then meet with 2 unit mangers, their mangers and the VP with HR director. The whole process is ridiculously long. They are very friendly to different ethnicities. The pride themselves on be equal opportunity employer but they don't uphold this policy! My interview was a joke and waste of time. If you are looking to work for an insurance that's for the employees I would try and more popular company....get my FLO!

Actuary Interview

I applied online. They then scheduled a phone interview and I spoke with someone who had gone through the AALDP. I then went to Travelers for an on-site full day interview. I had 4 interviews and met 6 other students in the program. They emailed within a week letting me know their decision.