Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Claim Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

If I had to describe the process in one word it would be: thorough. My journey began with a phone interview, followed by the assessment & then an interview with 2 unit managers followed by a final interview with HR & a person who was either a VP or branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Many "provide a scenario when..." Or "how do you react when" ex: how do you react when someone interrupts you? Tell me a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker?   1 Answer

Claims Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call with a recruiter within two weeks. The phone interview went great and was told I would receive a call from the hiring managers within two weeks. I got a call three days later. Two days later, I received an email saying the position has already been filled and is no longer available.

Interview Questions

• Name a mistake you made and how you rectified it? Tell us about yourself? How do you usually make a decision and give an example?   Answer Question

Investigative Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back from their Talent Acquisitions department in CT. She asked some basic questions, specifically, have you ever applied with Traveler's before? Have you ever been convicted of a charge? What made you choose Traveler's? She then offered a face to face interview, which was an Open House. I accepted, which was a week later. They had the Open House from 8 to 5, there were a lot of people there. I met face to face with a manager from that specific department. She asked me what I did for my current employer and past employer. Also, she asked me a couple of situational questions. Specifically, if I ever had a difficult co-worker? After the 1:1 we were put in a large room with everyone else and were told about benefits and other employee perks. About 2 days later I was sent an e-mail and asked if I could come to another interview with the department managers as a panel. I accepted, they asked me some of the same questions, which were situational again. A week later I was asked to interview with the gentlemen over the entire department via telephone. He asked me the same questions. Another week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult co-worker? If so, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

General Liability Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The testing process was horrible. I wish someone would have warned me. I would have spent time preparing by timing myself. It is a timed test. Unfortunately, I havent taken a timed test in many years and am the kind of person who rather have the right, most complete answer, rather than rushing through.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult question portion of the testing process?   1 Answer

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was short. It was a group interview of 3 people and they asked the typical behavioral questions. The interviewers wer very nice and friendly. They were not intimidating at all. Overall great experience.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Let's put it this way - the company has no time table when it comes to moving through interview process promptly. Be sure to wear some comfy clothes and just kick back and wait....for about 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough situation you were faced with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

They were only willing to offer a 10% increase with a small sign on bonus. Absolutely NO NEGOTIATING on their part. This company is only willing to offer "competitive" salaries which means they don't care to pay for real talent as long as you are the best candidate out of the pool and can pass the warm body test, you shouldn't have a problem receiving an offer. This was seriously an offer I could pass on without a blink of an eye. I realized that were I currently work is a much better place since I receive a real bonus and get paid for decently well for my underwriting talent. This position is more like a glorified salesperson. Also, only the top 1/3 of people who work at Travelers will receive a bonus - talk about a fabulous office atmosphere that will make!

Claims Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

30 minutes phone interview. After that they call you to schedule a time to go in and take a 3.5hr test. I didn't pass the stupid test so I didn't move on.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? Why do you want to work for travelers insurance? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What's the most important decision you had to take in the past 2 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Applied 2/18/15. Phone interview with HR 3/23/15. In person interview 4/9/15 with Hiring Manager. 4/23 flew to St. Paul for in person interview for trainee position. 4/29 final phone interview with HR director. 4/30 offered med only position.

Auto Claim Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Melville, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter to attend open house even at the Melville office, attended open house where you sit in a room with approx 10 ppl, you fill out a brief questionnaire form, waited for about 10 minutes then the interviewers came in called your name and everyone proceeded in another room for a one on one with the interviewers. Each person had a different interviewer. The interview lasted about 1hr, they go through a packet maybe 10 pages approx asking questions from the packet, analytical, give a situation or a time type of stuff, they review your resume and you get to talk about your prior experiences to fit in, I highly suggest you research insurance terminology because they ask you give the definitions of words such as endorsement, declaration, contributory and comparable etc. After the interview, everyone proceeds to another room where you are given a brief intro about the company and the benefits, you sit with an "auto blend" employee who basically does the same job you're being interviewed for... you spend about 20 min in the room asking any questions that you have and then they will start calling your name one by one to let you know if you move on to the next step for the assessment. My experience, out of 10 ppl, myself and another guy made it to the next step, they give you a date to come in for the assessment. I took the assessment which consisted of 8 sections that involve logic and reasoning, diagrams of scenarios of accidents where you have to determine which situation matches the accident description, basic math (addition, subtract, multiply, percentage and you get to use scrap paper and calculator) comprehension, personality questionnaire, listening skill, data entry which you basically copy information from the forms given, just some advice, if you're use to typing with the numeric key bad, get use to using the qwerty number keypad on the computer itself because they give you laptop to do the typing test which screwed me big time because I more comfortable using a numeric keypad... the assessment lasted 3.5 hours, once finish, they will explain the next process which is to get the results if you pass or fail, I didn't pass one or more sections like they stated so I failed, I didn't beat myself over it because I tried, I worked for GEICO before and I passed their assessment,each company is different, overall I'm glad I tried. I would highly suggest that you walk with a watch to time yourselves because they give you limited time for each section, try to spend at least 1 min per question, if you run out of time, just guess the answers because once times up you have to put down your pencils and and no going back, even though you know the answer and you need that couple of seconds to jot it down. Time was my biggest challenge because some of the sections you have to read a lot of information, if you're the type to read something twice before getting it, I suggest you practice on your comprehension skills, I ready the question first and then read the question, this way you can decipher the answer while reading. Also, I think you must have some sort of insurance knowledge because there is another section that you have to remember the meaning of the terms and match it to a scenario. Good Luck to those that are taking the assessment, hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a situation where you made a positive outcome? Are you willing to attend a two weeks training in CT? Are you willing to work 8-5pm MON-FRI?   Answer Question

App Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a 30 minute phone screen initially followed by a 3 hour interview on-site in Hartford. Once I got there I spoke with the director of the department I was to work in plus teleinterview as well. I spoke with individuals at each stage of management (upper, mid-level, team leads) and was asked various questions concerning soft skills

Interview Questions

• What kind of work have you done in a team setting?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with difficult team members, what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What kind of technical work have you done?   Answer Question