Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

First there is a phone screening. Then next you are called in for an in person screening. (Waste of time because you are asked the same questions during your phone screening) Lastly, you are called in for an interview for 4 hours! So stupid. You complete 6 rounds of interviews for 30 minutes with 2 different managers during each setting. They are grilling you for questions. If you give an answer they don't like the lame managers will frown and give you faces. One manager said, yeah yeah you already said that. How rude! Well I will say it again. There are no breaks during the interviews just one bottle of water. This company is ridiculous all the managers are disrespectful and they had co-workers interviewing during the process. I'm thinking are you qualified to interview?? They don't care if you have a degree and they frown upon higher education. At all cost a waste of time trust me!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Field Property Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from a manager 3 weeks later and had a short phone interview. Was scheduled to have an in person interview a week later. Passed that interview and immediately took their assessment test. This took almost 4 hours and had timed sections. Wasn't easy but not too hard, I passed. Was scheduled for another interview with hiring managers 2 weeks later. Made it through all 3 hiring mangers. Was contacted the next day to have a peer interview over the phone and speak with the HR director. I was offered the job the following day contingent upon passing a drug screening and background check. Everyone was very nice and responded to my calls and emails during the process.

Interview Questions

• Why travelers? Tell me about a time when.... What do you know about the company? How do you prioritize your work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is $60k per year here in GA. Very high for the industry. Comes with company car, bonus potential, 401k and pension.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later got a call for the phone interview, phone interview was over an hour. A week later was set up to take the assessment test, that was hard 7 sections containing between 35 and 81 questions and 30 minutes to answer them all. A lot of reading the claims policy and answer if it is or isnt covered.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with being deployed from home in the event of a major disaster for 14 to 48 days?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was long interview process. Total of 3 interview consisted 1 initial phone interview with the recruiter, 1:1 with the hiring manager, and conference call interview. The whole process were very long.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this job   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

It was a job fair. Ackward because it was in a secured building no one in the lobby to let you in. Managers friendly. Able to answer all questions.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer traverlers   1 Answer

Investigative Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

Long interview process (2+ months), but now I understand why it's necessary. The job isn't easy, and they want to make sure they're selecting the right people. You need to be a master at time management, multi-tasking and customer service in order to get through the day without pulling your hair out. Once you get through the first few months, you start to "get it" and there is a ton of freedom and individual responsibility (at least in our office) to learn and grow at your own pace. NO MICROMANAGEMENT! Coming to Travelers was the best career move I've ever made. They are a class act, promote and pay generously and value the thoughts and opinions of their employees. I'm in for the long haul.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Asked if I knew about certain insurance terms. Nothing out of the ordinary. I had a total of three interviews and a job shadow.   Answer Question

Product Pricing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Two interviews; one on campus and a final round in Hartford. Every single interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. I got to speak with people currently in the program, recent graduates of the program, and people high up in the department.

Interview Questions

• a lot of "tell me a time when..." questions
      "What are some current trends in insurance?"
      "How would you price a product"
      They asked a few questions to test my entrepreneurial skills like "assume you inherited a family business" and then asked about how you could increase competitiveness

Answer Question

Return to Work Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Travelers Companies (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview the day after I applied online. The woman's name was Claire, and she seemed very nice and laid back. I was on the phone for about a half hour going over my resume and she asked general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• If I thought I would be ok with not having hands on patient care.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview

After submitting my application for the position I was sent a generic automated email from Travelers. The email simply stated they received my application and would contact me if my credentials met the job criteria. Within a week of my application a few Travelers employees looked at my LinkedIn profile and I received a call from the hiring manager at Travelers to set up a phone interview. The hiring/interview process occurred over the span of three separate interviews.

The first interview consisted of a half hour to forty five minute conversation with the Director of National Accounts for the Risk Control business segment. I was asked general questions regarding my resume, past work experience, education, and why I was interested in Travelers. Following this phone interview I then coordinated an in-person interview with the Director of Risk Control.

My second interview with the Director of Risk Control was slightly more technical than the first phone interview. During this interview I was asked more specific questions regarding my past work experience and how I would be ably to apply it to the role with Travelers. Other question were asked like, "Why do you want to leave your current employer?" and "How can you benefit Travelers?". Overall, the interview lasted around forty five minutes to an hour and was not too difficult.

My third and last interview concluded with the VP of the North Central Region for Risk Control. Our conversation lasted around a half hour and no new questions were asked during this time. The whole "interview" seemed more or less like the interviewer was trying to get a feel for me as a person, not necessarily looking for any more qualifications.

Once I finished the interview process I was asked to fill out an online form consenting to a background check.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable being responsible for accounts valuing over one million dollars?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Got two phone calls from HR. One to see if I was still interested in the position, the other to schedule the phone interview. Phone interview was an hour long. Hardly asked me any behavioral questions. Asked where do you see yourself in 3 years? It was mostly technical questions (asked a lot of statistical questions) and a ton of auto insurance questions.